Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Trayvon didn't have to attack him to begin with.
we only have george's version to say if that is true or not. a good percentage of men and young boys who are followed/stalked in the night, scared and wondering why this person is following them would hit first and ask questions later.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Zimmerman knew help was on the way. He didn't have to kill him.
1) How did he know how quickly help would arrive?

2) How long should he expect to live before Martin succeeded in murdered him, given the nature of the ongoing assault?

3) If someone had YOU down on the ground, punching you in the face and nose and slamming your head into the ground and concrete...how long would you lay there and take it before doing everything in your power to stop the attack?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
The old "American Hero" sympathetic witness. Smirk....Vietnam was how long ago? .
You don't think those old WW2 or Vietnam or Iraq vets don't vividly recall screams of war ?

I'd suggest they never forget those screams.

PTSD.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
The jewelry Martin had at school traced back to homes that were burglarized a mile from where this happened. Trayvon was definitely a burglar.

I didn't know that the stolen property had been traced. Got a link to that?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we only have george's version to say if that is true or not. a good percentage of men and young boys who are followed/stalked in the night, scared and wondering why this person is following them would hit first and ask questions later.
And they would be guilty of assault too.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If you believe that, you have lived a very sheltered life.

BDLR IS using the language to suggest premeditation and that George was angry when he was observing the suspect. To me, and I suspect to most people, his comments suggest frustration with a scenario where criminals "always get away", not anger at the individual. This exact issue was testified to by the prosecution's witnesses.
I use that kind of language quite often myself, and I understand very well that when I'm using it, it's not because I'm "happy" or just making a "matter of fact comment".....There is always some sort of emotion related to those words. One of my favorite TV shows is "Veep" and was "Deadwood"....for examples of language indicating emotion.

Frustration is just one step away from anger.....so Georgie was well on his way. He appears to have been so frustrated that he got out of his vehicle to do something, which I believe was following Martin to make sure he didn't get away.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
The jewelry Martin had at school traced back to homes that were burglarized a mile from where this happened. Trayvon was definitely a burglar.
can you post a link to that ?

I know there were requests for trying to match the jewelry to burglaries, but never saw it was done.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Defense is simply trying to establish that you cannot tell the identity of the screamer.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 AM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Here's the Big Picture.

Who testified the screaming voice was tm's ? I recall his mother, Rachel, his brother half-heartedly, and the earwitness who 'knew' because the voice was high-pitched.

Not his father, any friends, teachers, anyone from his church or football coaches, no one frrom the high school police who knew his voice, not his dad's 2nd wife or an uncle, etc.

These witnesses might be wrong, but would they commit perjury for gz by knowingly lying ? Nope. Jurors will accept these witnesses Honestly Believe gz was screaming for help.
As close friends of Zimmerman's, they are both financially and emotionally invested in his acquittal. It's a safe bet to assume that anyone who would donate over 3,000 dollars to his defense fund and buy him suits and food would probably be willing to take the stand and lie in his defense.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You don't think those old WW2 or Vietnam or Iraq vets don't vividly recall screams of war ?

I'd suggest they never forget those screams.

PTSD.
I do know that they recall those screams.
What I said was that still doesn't prove it was George screaming. George's witnesses are gonna say it was George, that is why they are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies