Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:16 PM

17,129 posts, read 14,446,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So she didn't know that. Big deal. Her point was that he was a good kid, who got decent grades, and not a thug.

You really think all these people are lying?: his mother, his brother, his school teachers, his uncle, the principal of his school, the person who submitted his grades to O'Mara? They're all lying? That, I don't believe.
No. Sort of. I think they're painting him in the best light possible. No one wants to think ill of someone when they're gone. And I really don't blame them.

But it's not the truth. It seems he was a kid who was headed down a very bad road. Was he a POS? No ... but he wasn't Urkel for crying out loud.

If he hadn't have done something really frickin' stupid in February of last year, he could've very well straightened up. Or he could've spiraled even more. I don't know. No one does.

But the narrative the media created in the beginning really ticked me off. The narrative that they're STILL trying to shove down our throats still ticks me off.

Trayvon made a really dumb decision. 17 year olds make really dumb decisions all the time. I would guess if he had it to do all over again, he wouldn't have attacked George Zimmerman - he would've marched his butt right into Brandi's house when he was steps away from her door.

But he didn't.

10,553 posts, read 9,625,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Well the defense witnesses pretty much confirm that he is a wimp.
That's what the defense wants you to think.

He wasn't such a wimp that he didn't assault a police officer, and his ex-fiance.

Does a wimp take MMA classes? He could have taken cycling classes, no he picked fighting.

7,993 posts, read 12,827,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You really think good kids are suspended from school 3 times within 3-4 months ?

He may have been good at one time but he was turning into a delinquent as he got older.
He was a thug...plain and simple.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:17 PM

40,934 posts, read 49,004,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
What does this post have to do with the trial? Nothing. Why is it here?
Because many of us see it as a racist statement and Obama should not have been involved.

Someone made sure the FBI and DOJ were involved. Wonder who.

10,567 posts, read 12,789,169 times
Seriously- I feel sorry of the dead kid...I feel sorry for the dumb shooter- I feel sorry for the jury - but I do not feel sorry for that wretch who is the judge- Where do they find these creeps?

12,372 posts, read 9,287,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nope. This was after they hired Ryan Julison ... and I believe most of it is less than truthful.

Why? For starters even the family confirmed later that his last suspension was due to marijuana residue in a baggie.
So you're saying the two writers who wrote that article just made up quotes from Martin's teachers, etc.? Quotes like:

"Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," Michelle Kypriss said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."

"His uncle said Trayvon was still a typical kid who loved sports, music and was just feeling the first flush of youth. 'He was trying to start driving. He was just finding out about girls.'"

His teacher "described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - Orlando Sentinel

Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM

17,129 posts, read 14,446,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

You guys are so determined to make Trayvon out as a thug, that you quote far-right websites that post erroneous information, you disparage the future he would have had with no basis in fact, you assume you know his grades when you don't, and when I provide links to facts in more reasonable, reputable sources, like the Orlando Sentinel and NYtimes you disregard it as "less than truthful." I give up.

The only thing Trayvon detractors say that is true is that he has no future. You're right about that.
You edited after I posted so I'll address the new things you added ...

I'm determined that there is a more balanced version of Trayvon. When you post that he was a sun shiney cherub just waiting with his #2 pencils to take the SAT ... I'll counter w/ the fact that he was suspended three times.

See how that works?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,789,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if I had a son.... is not an inflamed statement.
Of course it is- He is saying _ I am President - I am black- someone killed a black kid- that kid is innocent and was unlawfully killed....Of course this statement encourages black people to rally against supposed white oppression...Obama was being a trouble maker.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,177,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Do you really think that he hid behind 3 ft (at most) bushes?
Why not? It was dark. And 3 feet is plenty high enough to hide behind.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,177,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So you're saying the two writers who wrote that article just made up quotes from Martin's teachers, etc.? Quotes like:

"Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," Michelle Kypriss said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."

"His uncle said Trayvon was still a typical kid who loved sports, music and was just feeling the first flush of youth. 'He was trying to start driving. He was just finding out about girls.'"

His teacher "described Trayvon, a junior, as an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness."

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - Orlando Sentinel
Right. Just finding out about girls. That's why his tweets were full of profane language talking about p*ssy and swallowing, etc. Just a sweet, innocent little boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies