Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Because many of us see it as a racist statement and Obama should not have been involved.

Someone made sure the FBI and DOJ were involved. Wonder who.

So start a thread about it; it has squat to do with this trial.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Of course it is- He is saying _ I am President - I am black- someone killed a black kid- that kid is innocent and was unlawfully killed....Of course this statement encourages black people to rally against supposed white oppression...Obama was being a trouble maker.
I didn't read it that way. here is the statement in part

if I had a son he would look like trayvon, when I think about this boy I think of my own kids.

this was a statement about being a parent

Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
like i said before, this all boils down to race and ideology.

you will not find a white conservative who will back martin.

you will not find a black liberal who will back zimmerman.

i think the white conservative angle is much more sinister though. i think most are glad that zimmerman killed martin.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nope. I'm saying that a good publicist can do wonders for an image.
Maybe if Trayon's best friend would have written a book about him that would have been better, more acceptable to you. Why is it okay for Zimmerman and his friends to put their best image "out there" but it's not okay for the Martin family to do the same? If we can't trust the good things being said about Trayon in the articles because a publicist was hired by the family, then we have to discount every good thing being said about Zimmerman as well by his friends and family.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It's not at odds for someone who was suspended for lateness, marijuana residue in a baggie (do you realize how many kids, including all kinds of white middle-class kids,college students, and adults smoke weed?), and wrote W.T.F. on a locker, not the words, the abbreviation is what he wrote.

These are not major infractions, by any stretch of the imagination, nor do they indicate any violent or aggressive behavior, that's the important thing.

And yet Zimmerman had actual charges for assault domestic violence, very poor grades, and you don't call him a thug. Why not?
Being suspended three times by February in a school year is a MAJOR PROBLEM. I'm sure if it was your kid you would think it was a major problem ... but you cut TM slack for some reason. Why?

It was dualing restraining orders for domestic violence - and both were dropped by the way.

Anyway, no I wouldn't call George Zimmerman a thug. I believe TM jumped him and beat the crap out of him ... the beating is obvious. Trayvon was the aggressor .. not GZ.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
like i said before, this all boils down to race and ideology.

you will not find a white conservative who will back martin.

you will not find a black liberal who will back zimmerman.

i think the white conservative angle is much more sinister though. i think most are glad that zimmerman killed martin.

I am sure most liberal idiots believe that.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Right. Just finding out about girls. That's why his tweets were full of profane language talking about p*ssy and swallowing, etc. Just a sweet, innocent little boy.
Show me one teenage boy who hasn't texted and talked like that with his male friends.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I was never suspended from school, nor did I ever attack anyone. Did you?

Guess you didn't read though the thread or you'd know. I got sent home from high school once for wearing a pair of culottes instead of the requisite dress or skirt. Headed for prison, wasn't I?

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Quote:
Zimmerman would have taken a beating...He would not have died. I doubt very much that Martin who is portrayed as being semi-smart would have bashed out his brains...

The gun made the whole altercation go south. What would have been a common street fight with a faster younger kid punching out an out of shape fat older guy would have ended with an assault charge against Martin - And who knows...maybe getting charged with assault would have been a positive turning point in Martin's life?

Zimmerman was "patrolling" with confidence...false confidence - the kind that a gun ensures. If Zimmerman was not armed he would have called 911...and stood down...it was that damned gun that gave the fat little coward the confidence to advance and continue to follow....I say this is a good example of proving wrong that "guns don't kill people - people kill people" In this case the gun killed Martin...Zimmerman was merely holding it like an idiot.
I agree with the first part. But let's keep this real.

Zimmerman was not "patrolling". He happened to notice Trayvon as he was headed to Target.

Zimmerman has always claimed he forgot he was carrying his firearm.

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Yah that judge sure is an ugly one- as they say beauty is skin deep and ugliness is all the way through. I really don't like her tone...She is supposed to be a progressive yet she was being a "bully" and attempting to force Zimmerman to cut his own throat. Zimmerman has the right only to speak through his lawyer...YET this judge was ignoring his representative and expecting to extort something verbal out of Zimmerman- she struck me as being a bit of a pig...and overly authoritarian. She seemed to enjoy humiliating the lawyers because they are males...feminist eccentric jerk of a judge.
Zimmerman's lawyers are skunks.

If he were innocent he would have run a better defense pro se.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies