Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM

370 posts, read 247,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
We don't know that.

Just because he wasn't required to submit to a tox screening doesn't mean he didn't have *something* in his system, even alcohol.

You can't say definitively whether or not he did because we don't know - and we will never know.

ok..I'll edit that.
trayvon had illegal substances in his system. There is no evidence zimmerman took illegal drugs.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
We don't know that.

Just because he wasn't required to submit to a tox screening doesn't mean he didn't have *something* in his system, even alcohol.

You can't say definitively whether or not he did because we don't know - and we will never know.
exactly. I don't understand the repeated interjection of unknown facts. The mantra seems to be "if I say it it must be true!"

I wonder if the Casey Anthony trial will have any impact on the jurors. I mean both of the cases are right here in Central Florida and from what I remember those jurors caught hell once the identities were released.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Lol. They're really stressing that they don't want any violence after the verdict is reached.
and you think this will happen? I hope there is none, but I am willing to bet if he is acquitted there will be a lot of rioting or certainly some.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
The kid didn't like being stalked, he confronted the stalker and was giving him a little b**** slapping beat down. The wanna be macho man turned Vigilante could not accept his limitations, so he pulled his gun(courage) and committed Manslaughter, possibly Murder..

Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Now the court is considering throwing in "lesser charges"??? Wow, what a terrible miscarriage of justice!!! It's glaringly obvious that this was a case of self-defense. Only the biased people who see racism in EVERYTHING want to make this out to be something other than self-defense. The court just wants to appease the potential rioters by considering crap-charges like "third degree murder" or "child abuse". Absolutely pathetic.
I based my opinion on there not being lesser charges on the child abuse thing. Obviously, I misjudged the utter stupidity of this judge. There is a word for her, but it's not allowed here.

The whole thing is to appease America's low IQ slackers. I hope the jury sees through this circus.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Court in recess for one hour. Will then take up Murder 3 which includes the child abuse issue.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Name another state besides Texas where Zimmerman isn't a slam dunk for jail. That's the real issue.
45 states have concealed handgun laws and most have self defense laws. But if you want one...

Oklahoma, Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, The Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee....

I could continue.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The kid didn't like being stalked, he confronted the stalker and was giving him a little b**** slapping beat down. The wanna be macho man turned Vigilante could not accept his limitations, so he pulled his gun(courage) and committed Manslaughter, possibly Murder..
That sounds like self defense to me. Following some one dose not give you the right to attack them.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
No where did I post that was no difference between the legal definition of stalking and the common definition. The fact is Martin had reason to be fearful. If you want me to change the word 'stalking' to "following in a menacing way' I will. THAT you can't possibility deny was what Zimmerman was doing that night.
..and now you're evading and moving the goal post to create confusion.
It was amusing at first... but now it's beginning to sound shrill and desperate.
Since you're such a stickler for all things being legal according to written law---i.e. the definition of stalking in an imformal discussion---I suggest you review the TOS for this site before you continue labeling other posters with negative terms.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
OK,
Judge arguing now it may be illegal to follow someone and she will not believe differently unless you can find a law explicitly allowing.

Everything is illegal unless explicitly allowed.

Nelson: show me case law that following someone is not illegal.

So wait: Because there is not a law that says it is not illegal to follow someone, the judge is going to allow the prosecution to argue that it is and leave the decision to the jury, essentially forcing the jury to make a decision as to the meaning of the law? So she is saying that it's OK for the jury to judge the law? I sure wish I was on THAT jury. They would be in for a classroom on Jury Nullification.

Nelson is not smart enough to understand the consequences of what she just ruled. The prosecution now has license to lie about the illegality of following someone if they choose to do so and the judge can’t stop them because she refused to make sure the jury would be informed of the state of the law.

Not sure what recourse she would have at that point. She is totally not qualified to hear this case. Traffic court maybe.

When I awoke this morning, I didn’t think my opinion of this justice system could be any lower. How wrong I was!
So all things are now illegal unless allowed by specific statute. I think I’m gonna puke.

Jury Nullification, everyone should be studied up on it. Screw these wanna-be lawyers here on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies