Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 AM

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I see why West was so furious that Prosecution is now bringing up child abuse. If they had done it earlier, it would have opened the door to TM's fighting history.
Good point. Along perhaps with the stolen property, drug and vandalism history.

I'm new to the laws of the state of FL....but in general, wouldn't it make sense for the state to declare what they are trying someone for before the trial, not afterwords? Makes it kind of hard to put up a fair defense when you don't even know the charges.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,825,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
We're you in an actual fight or were you attacked like George claims he was? Being in a fight is much different then being attack. Fighting is a choice, getting attacked isn't.
Are you seriously thinking I would pick a fight with multiple people? No, I was blind sided and attacked by 3 people intent on robbery.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,025,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
So, your point is, is that Zimmerman correctly identified a thug, therefore, displaying good judgment in his actions.

The jury will be the judge of that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Um, try reading the FL stalking statute that was posted earlier instead of interpreting it your own way.
Take note that just about everyone thinking Zimmerman is guilty is a liberal. They don't care about law, dont care that nothing was proven. They care about their agenda

4,814 posts, read 3,835,679 times
Read this comment - Martin was now a "child"? Who was beating a dude's head against the ground? Man, children sure are dangerous sometimes.

LOL! Right?!

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Are you seriously thinking I would pick a fight with multiple people? No, I was blind sided and attacked by 3 people intent on robbery.
So, do you think being blindsided and attacked is the same as being in a fight?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 AM

957 posts, read 756,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Riots may not end up being a worry. If the judge allows all these "lesser" charges that would give GZ 25 years, I think the jury may think they have to do something, not that's its right, to be "fair". This trial was run and prepared for as a murder trial. I dont think the lesser charges should be allowed. And nothing has been proven by the State. The judge has to know this. It would be irresponsible to allow other charges at this point.

We'll see if the jury does their jobs and goes off the States case that was presented. If they do, the only verdict should be Not Guilty on all counts. I wonder if they are told the penalties for lesser charges
Well then, Justice Tilt, the court will be sure to consult with you before making any future rulings. Dang, I wonder why they didn't consider that in the beginning

Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,944,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No one knows who started it. Everything each party did was legal up to the point of who initiated the physical contact. There is no proof who did this, the burden is on the state to prove Zimmerman did it.
Evidently not on here or outside the courtroom. The dead person is black, the person who turned that person room temperature is not so the non-black must be guilty of something.

They just showed T.M.'s friend testifying about the "cracker" comments. Doesn't it strike anyone as a bit weird that she didn't think the comments T.M. made were racist comments? It's kind of stuck in my mind ever since she testified and after all the comments on here that the opinion seems to be you can only make racist comments or be racist if you're other than black.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,867 times
TM is going to be a sacrificial lamb...

Bet you white people don't riot, though.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good point. Along perhaps with the stolen property, drug and vandalism history.

I'm new to the laws of the state of FL....but in general, wouldn't it make sense for the state to declare what they are trying someone for before the trial, not afterwords? Makes it kind of hard to put up a fair defense when you don't even know the charges.
The Prosecution has gone to great lengths to keep TM's unsavory character out of the picture.

I hope for acquittal, but if we don't get it, then I want a re-trial. That will give Defense the time they need since now they have all the evidence that the Prosecution withheld in this case.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
TM is going to be a sacrificial lamb...

Bet you white people don't riot, though.
Most intelligent people know that the damage is only returned to the consumer. So, we will be paying attention to who is rioting, if that is the case, and then proceed to make the judgment call on who is intelligent or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.