Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And I wish to God that some vigilante shoots your unarmed teenager.
Yo YO a person doesn't have to have a gun to inflict deadly damage by slamming their head into the concrete sidewalk while high on dope...Martin jumped on and my man Zimmerman got him to "jump back off" lol note zimmerman was not high on dope. The local "community" needs to worry more about the guns being used in the wrong way than to try and send a man to jail who has used one in the right way. If you jump on a cop and start slamming his head into the concrete sidewalk I do think he will as a last resort use his weapon............thats is what zimmerman did...case dismissed

Old 07-11-2013, 01:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This really says something sad about the black community that riots are expected. If I were black, I would be embarrassed as hell that people assume my race would riot. Says a GREAT deal about the issues WITHIN the black community that need to addressed.
I think it has more to do with assumptions that racists make than anything that actual black people do or think.

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Sorry but reasonable doubt in stressful situation to not remember a street name especially if it was dark.
I had to call 911 once on an assault taking place outside my apartment; I did not remember the name right away, still gave not exactly the correct name, said street instead of circle that comes after the name.

I also could not tell you the name of the street I run on every other day, that start 50 yards from my condo.

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
Sorry but reasonable doubt in stressful situation to not remember a street name especially if it was dark.

Tell me about it. Half the time I couldn't tell you my wife's cell phone number, other than "speed dial 1". I don't use it every day. Much like Z wouldn't have a need to use or know the names of other streets in his subdivision. I lived in a sub once...never knew the names of any streets other than the one I lived on or drove on into/out of the subdivision. Others? Heck no.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times
I always wondered how George was up and trying to get TM away from him. This is after he said he was decked by a punch to the face and mounted

Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Psst, Bernie.. use this image - it's the entrance to the gated community:

Old 07-11-2013, 01:50 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Poor jurors. They've been sequestered for weeks, and now we've spent most of two hours on whether or not Zimmerman was lying about knowing an address.
Absolutely right. This Dabney Coleman of the prosecution better wrap up quicker - any possible points he
ever made in the last two weeks is lost in all this chatter....IMO, no conviction will be the result.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:51 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Psst, Bernie.. use this image - it's the entrance to the gated community:
It's quite obvious that anyone looking for a familiar object to know where to turn would look at the rather large sign that indicates the community name, rather than the street name.

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I would love to read this. Is there a link?
The different sanctions motions have been presented at multiple hearings. So you would need to read articles from multiple dates to read about the whole mess.

But here is an article from June 6th about the prosecution's information technology person testifying that the prosecution was hiding more than 1,000 pages of evidence just from the phone.
George Zimmerman Trial: Judge to weigh possible prosecutor sanctions post-trial - Crimesider - CBS News

Just for reference, the defense had claimed for months that the prosecution was hiding various things. In March, the judge question BDLR specifically about if he was hiding any information from the phone. He lied and said no.

The state handed over those 1,000 pages on June 4th, after they were caught. The defense asked for a delay, judge denied. From those 1,000 pages came the texts from Trayvon about fighting and trying to buy an illegal gun. The judge wouldn't allow the defense to enter those texts because they had authenticated them. It's madness.

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So Russians aren't white?
Some are......some are not. Just like Hispanics.

Though the world and Zimmerman himself may see him as white, and since his dad is white he is more than half white, he is also of partial African and Native descent.

Doesn't matter to me though. It's obvious that Trayvon Martin is dead because Zimmerman, emboldened by nothing more than his ill-gotten gun, decided to follow and confront him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies