Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 04:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,630,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
I read that TM was turned over to the school police and school system to handle instead of the Miami police.

What I read said that he was caught with burglary tools on him.

These things were suppressed.

Posted with TapaTalk
I have a keychain with a screwdriver on it, does that make me a burglar?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I have a keychain with a screwdriver on it, does that make me a burglar?
Possibly. How big is it and can you use it to pry open a lock ?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Bunk. That's just not true.
Gosh! you're right. It wasn't two days...IT WAS THREE!!!

There appear to be many glaring errors on the part of the police department including, his parents say, the fact that police failed to identify their son more quickly.

Trayvon was reported missing by his mother, yet his body was left in the morgue for three days classified as “John Doe,” ABC News reports. This report conflicts with an interview PEOPLE did with Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin - see below.

According to the ABC News article, the family said officers didn’t bother to ask neighbors if they recognized Trayvon, who had been staying with his father who lives in the neighborhood where he was shot.

Trayvon Martin in morgue 3 days as 'John Doe' after mom reported him missing - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com

Seems that there is some conflict, but the point is that his parents filed a missing person report. He was not an orphan that no one was concerned about and he did have a home to go home to with people that loved him.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:22 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The older brother testified he was told by his mother about the shooting on Monday, the day after it happened.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Stop. stop, stop.

He was suspended 3 times in one year, missed 50+ days of school. He was no longer an A, B student, if he ever was. Kicked out of his mom's house. Weed and vandalism are crimes the school chose to handle in-house to keep a young black man from having a criminal record. They didn't even report the women's jewelry to the real cops. We don't know his full school record of behavioral issues.

I realize you isolate each of tm's behavioral issues to present him as a 'typical' teen boy. That's nonsense. He was having what to normal people are significant behavioral issues over the last 6 months to year of his life.

That doesn't mean to me he was a thug or future criminal.

In last night's discussion on here we went over this many times. Not one poster was able to find a link to a credible source showing that Trayvon had missed 50 + days of school. I welcome you to try, and I do mean credible, not just some far-right source that says it with no source provided, like a teacher's or school administrator's name who said it.

The school teacher who said he was an A and B student, the interview with her was after he was killed. She's not some anonymous source, her name is provided in the article I linked to below. You're calling her a liar too? She describes what kind of student Trayvon was in the linked article: I dare you to read it.

He wrote WTF (the letters not the words) or something like that on a locker. Did you write on a locker or school desk as a kid? Does that have anything to do with this case? No.

I'm not going to go over this argument again and again, just go back to last night's pages if you want to educate yourself.

The only reason folks need to perceive Trayvon as a troubled kid with problems is to justify George Zimmerman shooting an innocent unarmed kid to death.

An article on the real Trayvon:

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - Orlando Sentinel

Old 07-11-2013, 04:23 PM

17,211 posts, read 14,492,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

There appear to be many glaring errors on the part of the police department including, his parents say, the fact that police failed to identify their son more quickly.

Trayvon was reported missing by his mother, yet his body was left in the morgue for three days classified as “John Doe,” ABC News reports. This report conflicts with an interview PEOPLE did with Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin - see below.

According to the ABC News article, the family said officers didn’t bother to ask neighbors if they recognized Trayvon, who had been staying with his father who lives in the neighborhood where he was shot.

Trayvon Martin in morgue 3 days as 'John Doe' after mom reported him missing - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com
Ugh. Wrong.

Trayvon Martin Shooting Fast Facts - CNN.com

Quote:

February 27, 2012 - Martin's father, Tracy Martin, files a
missing persons report. Officers with the Sanford Police Department visit Tracy
Martin. He is able to identify Trayvon Martin's body using a photo.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:25 PM

17,211 posts, read 14,492,063 times
Quote:
In last night's discussion on here we went over this many times. Not one poster was able to find a link to a credible source showing that Trayvon had missed 50 + days of school. I welcome you to try, and I do mean credible, not just some far-right source that says it with no source provided, like a teacher's or school administrator's name who said it.

The school teacher who said he was an A and B student, the interview with her was after he was killed. You're calling her a liar too? She describes what kind of student Trayvon was in the linked article: I dare you to read it.

He wrote WTF (the letters not the words) or something like that on a locker. Did you write on a locker or school desk as a kid? Does that have anything to do with this case? No.

I'm not going to go over this argument again and again, just go back to last night's pages if you want to educate yourself.

The only reason folks need to perceive Trayvon as a troubled kid with problems s to justify George Zimmerman shooting an innocent unarmed kid to death.

An article on the real Trayvon:

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Tensions rise in wake of Trayvon Martin shooting - Orlando Sentinel
From your own article:

Quote:

Trayvon was under a five-day suspension when he was shot that Sunday night,
but Kypriss said it was due to tardiness and not misbehavior.

"Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for
misbehaving," the teacher said. "He was suspended because he was late too many
times."
That calls into question her entire description of him if his teacher did not know how long he was suspended or why.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Possibly. How big is it and can you use it to pry open a lock ?
No, but actual burglary tools are very tiny and slim. You can google it.

Also, many kids who own bikes, and/or skateboards carry screw drivers in their back packs. It's quite a reach to go from a screwdriver in a backpack to calling someone a thug. Like I said, he had no history of criminal charges, George did. George was and is the thug, not Trayvon.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,034,673 times
Bernie made some good points today, more importantly the pros has another kick at the can tomorrow.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:36 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,395,916 times
Quote:
The guy saw me watching and ran. I ran up to a neighbour who was by his car, and told him to call the police.

I actually saw the same thing twice, once in my own complex, and once in another. I'm a runner and at that time had a dog, so I was outside frequently. I contacted the police both times, and gave them the exact locations.
Based on this case and some others, I'm not even sure I'd pick up the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.