Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

They're back...

Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What's totally disgusting is the State wanted to bring in the 3rd degree Felony Child Abuse charges at the last minute yesterday.

That IMO shows they will do anything for some type of conviction.

Surprised they've not charged him with Felony abuse of the 911 system.
Yeah that was pathetic at best and down right despicable at worst. TM was no child and the fact he was willing to throw down with an adult male indicates that he didn't fear adults in general.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 AM

17,403 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
How did he approach Tm? I'll say this one more time... According to the Dispatch time line, GZ had lost sight of TM for more than enough time for TM to get home, It was less than 500 ft to get home. So it's logical that TM came back to GZ to confront him. He was angry that GZ had come looking for him. How is it that Gz was able to find TM? TM had a long head start while GZ was in the car, He had approx. 500 feet to get home. GZ continued to talk on the phone with dispatch for the next couple of minutes. TM should have been home by then. The only logical conclusion is the TM wanted to run into GZ. He was out of sight for a long time.
This. ^ It makes sense. Logical, non-emotional sense.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:21 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
You can't run a 4 minute mile if you are in "decent" shape. That's still a very fast time, regardless of how long ago someone first was recorded as accomplishing it.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sure he did. After all, GZ himself had a gun! Why would he think the "suspect" as he called TM, would not have one? GZ liked to fight. Why would he think the "suspect" would not?

It is not speculation that GZ was told not to follow.
Dispatch testified that they are not allowed by policy to give instruction to anyone. That is why he said " we don't need you to do that" as opposed to "don't follow him".

Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Trayvon committed suicide?
Driving 150 miles an hour down the road and wrecking causing you to die is still you causing your own death but not committing suicide.

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I live in a rough black neighborhood and white kids walk and drive around here all the time. Most are looking to buy drugs and a few live around here. Others are doing "missions" for their church.we haven't had a murder of a white person by a black person in the 6 years I have lived here.

And FWIW the main reason I feel Zimmerman put his hands on Trayvon first is because
Of where I live now and previous neighborhoods I have lived in which do have violent people who like to fight but only a "punk"will throw the first punch and usually the person who punches first ends up losing the fight. Tough guys don't go around starting mess. They handle the mess. Zimmerman was getting handled and the picture they painted of him of as a weak not knowing how to fight punk makes me feel he started the altercation. He is a weakling who can't fight but can shoot. I even doubt Trayvon saw the gun until it was aimed at him.
The only problem with your "feelings" is there's been no,zippo,nada evidence or testimony given that he did. So that leaves your "feeling" as what you'd "like" to believe or insert in this case.

The question that needs answering is why do you (and I'm sure others) "feel" the need to believe that?

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nothing...now. Who in their right mind would want anything to do with it given all that was said about it in this case?
Not me that's for sure. The last thing I need is the expense of any type of litigation that could arise from being involved in anyone else's business. Why call the cops, you may get sued. Why observe someone, they may come back and hit you or worse and certainly never,ever follow someone because you could end up sitting in the defendants chair fighting for your life or....dead.

Society today has proven one thing, no good deed goes unpunished.
Now Jim if GZ had simply done what he was trained to do and just call the cops as he did so many times in the past we wouldn't have this latest circus. It was his following a person, taking an active role, rather than doing what he was trained to do that led to all this.
I am not saying he deserved to be punched. I don't know what led to the first punch. Only GZ does and his word isn't exactly reliable.
That man called the police more times in a month than I have in 51 years of my life.. he called the police and should have left it at that.

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Dispatch testified that they are not allowed by policy to give instruction to anyone. That is why he said " we don't need you to do that" as opposed to "don't follow him".
You know what I meant!

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Default You think the Zimmerman jury will be swayed by fear of violence???

I think with the evidence presented that Zimmerman should not be convicted of anything. But I think the fear of acquittal may hang over the jurors.

If their identities are known, there is always the possibility of black racists and black nationalists going after the jurorers personally after the trial out of revenge. There also have been plenty of racist attacks by blacks against whites all over the country in Trayvon's name even though Zimmerman was NOT motivated by race, though Trayvon might have had some racial hatred against the "cracker" when he assaulted Zimmerman!

I think the fear of Rodney king type riots may also hang over the jury's head. They will remember the block after block of building burned to the ground when Rodney King's supporters rampaged and the possibility exists that Travyon's supporters will do the same. I'm afraid because of these fears the jury will go for the manslaughter charge to appease/compromise with the black community even though this trial shouldn't have been racial to begin with. Even Trayvon's mom started saying the trial shouldn't be about race after it was revealed it was her son who was racist. Though at first it was the outcry from the black community just because it involved a black person dying at the hands of a non black person, that forced the trial in the first place.

Things like this happen all the time between people of the same race. This is only national news because Trayvon is black while Zimmerman is not. I guess whenever a white person kills a black person it is automatically racist. Even IF Zimmerman had purposely hunted down trayvon and killed him in cold blood that still wouldn't have necessarily made it a racial crime. These overzealous prosecutors would have charged him with a hate crime if they could.

There are actually lots of hate crimes committed by blacks against whites that are no prosecuted. A few years ago in Baltimore a gang of 6 black youth savagely attacked and beat a white woman on a city bus and there were no hate crimes charges even though they were all yelling racist slurs during the attack. The Black Panthers that intimidated white voters in Philadelphia were also not charged by Mr. Holder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies