Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 02:21 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,205,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This guy isn't a good witness. He wants to add and improvise.

He should know to just answer the question.
Remember, he was the Chief of Police...CYOA time.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you really saying that Martin supporters are violent animals that would hunt down and attack a man found not guilty in a trial? I would hope you're wrong and that they aren't this "feral".

I mean, go back a good number of years to another well publicized case. I don't think that any thinking person denies that OJ was guilty. Yet you didn't see people attempt to slaughter his murdering butt. Why would you expect differently in this case?
you don't think that from the start with people calling for GZ's head on a plate, etc etc that idiot Michelle Williams calling for a bounty on him dead or alive that there arent strong racial undertones here? Please wake up. If he gets acquitted which appears likely, I hope I am wrong but I fear there will be some civil unrest a la Rodney King, sad but true.

5,094 posts, read 5,172,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
We also have a police department to prevent crime and apprehend suspects. Zimmerman should have allowed them to do their jobs. He is a civilian. He should have behaved like one, especially when no one was being hurt and there was no evidence that a crime was being committed. He should not have gotten out of the car to run after Trayvon Martin. When he did so, he made TM feel threatened.
That never happened.

10,553 posts, read 9,646,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlazer View Post
spec
…and you lost your job because race baiting pimps called for your head after you refused to press charges against a perceived innocent man?
Police reports show that the two initial investigators of this case, including Serino, both said there was probable cause to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.

3,216 posts, read 2,083,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
He said he was up to no good then followed him with his gun locked and loaded. Trayvon ran. Clearly he was the scared one. If Zimmerman thought Trayvon was a criminal, he shouldn't have followed him on a dark, rainy night with no one around. He was looking for trouble. He found it. He'll get what he deserves one way or another. If he isn't convicted, he better watch out for those vigilantes looking to make sure there is justice for Trayvon Martin's family.
If TM ran, while GZ was still in his car, how did GZ catch up to TM, especially since he could have been home in about 2 minutes from that spot.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What does that have to do with the reaction of supporters to the results of the trial?

And do you still, after all this, keep repeating the trype of TM feeling threatened? If so, why, in the minutes after Zimmerman lost sight of him, and remained on the phone with dispatch, did he not just walk into his house? Why instead did he leave the safety of his house and approach and attack a man who was trying to help local police stop a crime wave in his community?
If Trayvon Martin didn't feel threatened, why would he run? Most people would feel threatened if they were being followed by an unidentified man on a dark rainy night. There is no proof that he made it home before his altercation with Zimmerman. Obviously Zimmerman supporters would like us all to believe that Trayvon Martin was violent and up to no good, but there is no evidence to support that. Zimmerman was out looking for trouble. Trayvon Martin was walking back from 7-11. All of this has a lot to do with the reaction of TM's supporters' reaction to the result of the trial. Zimmerman did not allow the justice system to work when he made himself judge, jury and executioner the night he killed Martin. Some may believe he deserves the same treatment.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The Prosecution called the Physician's Assistant that did mention "MMA style training".

That didn't mean the Defense had to call the gym owner. The PA also said he was taking the classes for weight loss.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:26 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlazer View Post
As I’m understanding it, the Defense called Martin because of something Crump said during depo last night. This could get real interesting.
Ya, I noticed they were very specific about asking him what he said to Crump so you would think they have something there.

Did this ex-chief get fired for not charging GZ? Seems like he was getting dissed by not being included in the meeting in the Mayor's office.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
That didn't mean the Defense had to call the gym owner. The PA also said he was taking the classes for weight loss.
My guess would be that they called the owner to say that Zimmerman sucked at MMA.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Here is a link to the Law Professor that testified about the classes and curriculum....including much discussion regarding Castile Doctrine, SYG etc....Which George had previously (Hannity interview) denied (lied)having any knowledge of SYG. The witnesses of the Zimmerman trial | HLNtv.com
Incidentally....George got an "A" in that class
Thanks.

I'm in and out of the house all day and have probably only caught a little over half the witnesses so far. Plus, I'm on the west coast and the trial is usually well under way before I get around to even logging on in the mornings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies