Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 08:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'll let George's words speak for themselves, From his 2005 Myspace account, the same one in which he posted:
"I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”
Concerning the domestic violence charges:
"I'm still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it! Big Mike, reppin the Dverse security makin me look a million bucks, broke her down! Thanks to everyone for checkin up on me! Stay tuned for the A.T.F. charges......"
Re the assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest charges:
"2 felonies dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!! The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump, Thanks to everyone friends and fam, G baby you know your my rock!"
He had to go to anger management classes.

George Zimmerman's MySpace Disparages Mexicans, Mentions 2005 Criminal Charges
Maybe tomorrow we can match gz's Myspace against tm's texts and pics in a contest of who comes off worse and more dangerous.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:39 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Lol so were bringing up 2005 Myspace accounts now? Geez. Pathetic.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
training in MMA,
Even after today's testimony, you're sticking with the 'training in MMA,' even though he could barely beat up a punching bag.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I've spoken with a couple of people who before the trial had a strong opinion of GZs guilt. Since following the trial they have changed their opinion and believe his claim of self defense. Has anyone here changed their opinion since the trial began?
Yes, here is my post from 3-17-2012 (in response to another poster) //www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...mi-teen-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Why? Should the person who gave a driver's test be fired for when a person screws up? Or a teacher be fired when a student becomes a screw up in the world?

Mr. Zimmerman knew that he was in the wrong, I am sure no one taught him that in this scenario, Mr. Zimmerman would be in the right.

Mr. Zimmerman is one of those A type personalities that think he walks on water and when he speaks, everyone should stop and listen. He is a cop wannabe and thought his role as a Watch Captain gave him police powers of detianing and questioning.

Pure speculation, I do not think it was race driven as much as stereotype driven, the victim could have been any race/ethnicity, but as long as they were dressed in the stereotypical "hip-hop/thug" (or whatever you want to call it) outfit, Mr. Zimmerman would have made something out of it.

Mr. Zimmerman thought he had the power to stop, detain, and question a person, which he did not. When the victim told him to 'eff off and continued walking, Mr. Zimmerman probably lost his temper and physically confronted the victim. Mr. Zimmerman found himself all of a sudden on the losing end and pulled his gun and shot the victim.

This is pure speculation from me, so I am curious to see what more facts come from this.

Bottom line is; Mr. Zimmerman has no power to detain or question a person. No one is subject to doing anything Mr. Zimmerman requests other than his own kids. The victim has no obligation to answer or stop for any person other than an LEO, and that even requires a degree of cause and a host of other factors.

A person cannot instigate a confrontation with someone, then shoot the person and claim self defense. The instigator will be, and should be in the wrong every time.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There's just so much you can do to rehearse a Rachel.
Other than her lying and not being respectful in court, I thought it was very rude for people commenting all over the Internet about her looks, thick neck, some calling her Precious, etc. Totally uncalled for.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Imagine buying his story, acquitting him....then finding out the truth. No matter what happens, this is not the last we've heard of this defendant....You might expect a rebellious teen to have some questionable postings, but a grown man, with apparent advantages in life...from a family with a judge and an uncle that appears to be an upstanding citizen...this stuff smacks of psycho.

Last edited by JanND; 07-08-2013 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: edit post

Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Yes, here is my post from 3-17-2012 (in response to another poster) //www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...mi-teen-3.html
And what is your belief of what happened now?

Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Is that a yes or no?

In regards to employment; do you feel employers should also base their hiring the same way you are basing your judgment of Zimmerman?
No, because his anger and violence emerged in his personal life. The jury will never see his accounts, but it shows that like many short-tempered people George could be nice in a work or less personal setting and then be quite nasty in their personal lives.

At work, he was apparently a great employee, even though he did get into a dispute with another employee because the guy broke the lock that George used to lock his "special" chair to his computer station at night.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:52 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I've spoken with a couple of people who before the trial had a strong opinion of GZs guilt. Since following the trial they have changed their opinion and believe his claim of self defense. Has anyone here changed their opinion since the trial began?
Not a change of opinion. I went into watching the trial with no preconceived notions, listened to the charges and am still listening to evidence.

I am not convinced of the state's case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unfortunately a teen is dead no matter the outcome of the trial.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Imagine buying his story, acquitting him....then finding out the truth. No matter what happens, this is not the last we've heard of this defendant....You might expect a rebellious teen to have some questionable postings, but a grown man, with apparent advantages in life...from a family with a judge and an uncle that appears to be an upstanding citizen...this stuff smacks of psycho.
Once I read the ex-girlfriend's account, he had the classic abusive person's behavior profile. Domineering, controlling, jealous, and ultimately physically violent with her. And I know the report only gives her account, but in his Myspace comments above it sounds like he used clever legal maneuvers to as he says "break her" in order to avoid domestic violence charges.

Plus no matter if the criminal charges were dropped to misdemeanors, he did shove a police officer and resist arrest. Those are not the actions of a passive non-violent person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies