Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,072,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, fight. George brought a gun to a fist-fight.

Even if he did, the fight lasted less than 1 minute. George instigated it by following him in the dark, and not informing Trayvon during his three opportunities that he was Neighborhood Watch. He was an adult, Trayvon was a child. He could have fought back physically instead of shooting dead an unarmed teen, knowing help was on the way. I think he lied about aspects of the fight, and was reaching for his gun the whole time. So I still think he's guilty of manslaughter. Otherwise it's open season on black teenage males by any racist vigilante.
The fight lasted less than 1minute for one reason only. Because GZ ended it before he ended up a vegetable.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,684,640 times
Quote:
Zimmerman had no idea if Martin was armed or not, nor the intentions of Martin.

Quote:
Even if he did, the fight lasted less than 1 minute. George instigated it by following him in the dark, and not informing Trayvon during his three opportunities that he was Neighborhood Watch.
Not against the law, following someone is not instigating physical contact which is illegal; there is no evidence of who initiated the physical contact. Every action up to that point was legal, for both parties.

Quote:
He was an adult, Trayvon was a child. He could have fought back physically instead of shooting dead an unarmed teen, knowing help was on the way. I think he lied about aspects of the fight, and was reaching for his gun the whole time. So I still think he's guilty of manslaughter. Otherwise it's open season on young black teens by any racist vigilante.
Zimmerman had no idea the age of Martin. Zimmerman is under no legal obligation to fight back when assaulted; an assault can be considered deadly force, many people have died as a result of an assault, a few from just one hit.

It does not matter if you think he lied, do you have proof he lied? And if so, does this change who initiated the physical contact?

There is nothing racist in this incident other than Martin calling Zimmerman a "cracker".

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,463,168 times
Quote:
Weed and pot plants? -irrelevent I know that his THC levels are going to be presented in court, and I think it's unfortunate because it will be very prejudicial.

Codeine or DMX - not in his system that night so even more irrelevent

Street fighting - was he fighting? Otherwise viewing violent videos or playing video games is a major past-time of most teenage boys and many adult men, so again, doesn't mean anything.

Plus, a lot of teenage boys (and girls) fight.
I haven't seen the alleged video of tm fighting. I have seen one where he's allegedly refereeing a fight between two other guys. I think acting as a referee is a big plus for tm, indicating he believes in fair play, no hitting below the belt, and the safety of the combatants.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,823,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Seems a little bit odd to me. Why would a Hispanic male be posting such disparaging comments about, well, Mexicans? Call me suspicious that this was a blog post before someone figured out that George Z was a "white Hispanic".
Or maybe he thought he could criticize Hispanics, because he is one. Many do that around here, but no one else better say anything.

Also the American Hispanics around here do not like the illegal aliens and talk bad about them all the time. They don't want them here.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,603,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The fight lasted less than 1minute for one reason only. Because GZ ended it before he ended up a vegetable.
According to one witness, the police arrived about 5 seconds after the gunshot. If he hadn't been a total wuss, he knew he wasn't going to die from a 50 second beating (if it did occur as he says). And his beating was not severe, it simply wasn't because his injuries were not severe. Have you ever seen someone who has been severely beaten around the head and face? I would post some pictures but it would turn your stomach. (I know, go to the thread on this forum about the homeless guy beaten to death. There you will see a picture of what someone looks like who was severely beaten.)

The defense was all about "but these injuries could have proven to be serious." But the truth was, they weren't. He never developed delayed symptoms of serious head injury, like headache, seizures, nausea, unconsciousness and maybe ultimately death. One of the reports I read said the scrapes on his head were abrasions, they didn't even want to call them lacerations. That's minor injury.

If everyone who was losing a fistfight shot their opponent we'd have 250,000 deaths from gunshots instead of the current 18,000 a year.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM

16,903 posts, read 14,247,115 times
Quote:

Even if he did, the fight lasted less than 1 minute. George instigated it by following him in the dark, and not informing Trayvon during his three opportunities that he was Neighborhood Watch. He was an adult, Trayvon was a child. He could have fought back physically instead of shooting dead an unarmed teen, knowing help was on the way. I think he lied about aspects of the fight, and was reaching for his gun the whole time. So I still think he's guilty of manslaughter. Otherwise it's open season on black teenage males by any racist vigilante.
"Trayvon was a child. George is a racist vigilante."

Someone is hanging on to the msm narriative tooth and nail.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM

39,799 posts, read 26,292,352 times
Quote:
The link I gave has a link to George's Myspace account. It's still there, but I did not go into it.

According to one relative, George's mother who is part-Hispanic, also disparaged Mexicans, and would talk about how important it was that her children marry "white" people. But who knows if that's true.
It could all be true, and would change my opinion of ol' George. But I have to wonder...this article has been up for over a year, why is it just starting to perk now? First I'd seen posted of it, but I may have missed it in old threads.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,684,640 times
Quote:
According to one witness, the police arrived about 5 seconds after the gunshot. If he hadn't been a total wuss, he knew he wasn't going to die from a 50 second beating (if it did occur as he says). And his beating was not severe, it simply wasn't because his injuries were not severe. Have you ever seen someone who has been severely beaten around the head and face? I would post some pictures but it would turn your stomach. (I know, go to the thread on this forum about the homeless guy beaten to death. There you will see a picture of what someone looks like who was severely beaten.)

The defense was all about "but these injuries could have proven to be serious." But the truth was, they weren't. He never developed delayed symptoms of serious head injury, like headache, seizures, nausea, unconsciousness and maybe ultimately death.

If everyone who was losing a fistfight shot their opponent we'd have 70,000 deaths from gunshots instead of the current 18,000 a year.
It does not matter what his injuries were; Zimmerman did not have the opportunity to stop the fight and request a doctor to see if everything is all right, Zimmerman also did not have a crystal ball to tell him the future of this assault.

Many people have been killed by assaults, a few by one strike.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,603,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I haven't seen the alleged video of tm fighting. I have seen one where he's allegedly refereeing a fight between two other guys. I think acting as a referee is a big plus for tm, indicating he believes in fair play, no hitting below the belt, and the safety of the combatants.
Yes, the only pic I saw of him that involved fighting was the one he was refereeing, and he also looked about 15 years old on that pic, so if that pic was recent, then he really was skinny and not muscle-bound.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,072,243 times
Quote:

The defense was all about "but these injuries could have proven to be serious." But the truth was, they weren't. He never developed delayed symptoms of serious head injury, like headache, seizures, nausea, unconsciousness and maybe ultimately death. One of the reports I read said the scrapes on his head were abrasions, they didn't even want to call them lacerations. That's minor injury.

If everyone who was losing a fistfight shot their opponent we'd have 250,000 deaths from gunshots instead of the current 18,000 a year.
How many times would you let your head hit the cement before you believed you might suffer brain damage?
I've seen people get concussions without getting any bloody cuts at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies