Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times

Advertisements

Gosh, how will the 53% like the newly revised Obamacare rules, which will dole out taxpayer subsidies to any liar that claims them?

Everybody seems to be agreed that 'liar loans' were bad when it comes to mortgages; what do you suppose 'liar subsidies' will do to the federal budget?

I'm thinking Obama's poll ratings go further into the toilet over the next few days as his signature accomplishment continues to get more rotten and smellier by the day.

U.S. relaxes health law income, insurance status rule for exchanges | Reuters

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Crazy thing is, I would really love to see sensible, popular, bipartisan reforms of our utterly broken health care system. Maybe after 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Yep. Saw that yesterday and even made a thread. No takers.
We saw how the lifeline program worked out with "I'll take your word".
An audit uncovered that 41% did not qualify for those free loans.

And how in the world can anyone verify future income for the next year reliably ?
And they can't even verify if your employer offers insurance because they gave the employer's a free pass.

Looks like the "free lunchline" is opening up in October.
The government is just going to take your word that you deserve "subsidized insurance".

Next year this time we'll be raising the debt ceiling again and begging the Fed to double the QE infinity printing.

And I await threads to see how this can be blamed on the Republicans.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:12 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Gosh, how will the 53% like the newly revised Obamacare rules, which will dole out taxpayer subsidies to any liar that claims them?

Everybody seems to be agreed that 'liar loans' were bad when it comes to mortgages; what do you suppose 'liar subsidies' will do to the federal budget?

I'm thinking Obama's poll ratings go further into the toilet over the next few days as his signature accomplishment continues to get more rotten and smellier by the day.

U.S. relaxes health law income, insurance status rule for exchanges | Reuters

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Crazy thing is, I would really love to see sensible, popular, bipartisan reforms of our utterly broken health care system. Maybe after 2016.
Good ****ing grief!!! Over a ream of paper just for ONE ****ing RULE in this god awful legislation?????

The regulations, contained in a 606-page HHS rule, allowed state-run exchanges to accept an enrollee's "attestation regarding enrollment in an eligible employer-sponsored plan." Marketplaces to be operated by the federal government in 34 states will still make random checks to verify applicant insurance status in 2014, it said.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
You people are racists!! Think of the children!!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
obamas approval rating is irrelevant now. hes locked in for the next 3 years and doesnt have to face re-election.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
It is more than just saying so. It is a legal document saying so and lying can get you jailed. also you income can, and should be, verified by your tax returns.

I, too, want to reform the existing mess and do not think Obamacare will be effective. The problem is it leaves profit directed private insurance in the system. The payment system should be federalized and private facility ownership should also be eliminated. Payments should also be on a pass through basis.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 AM

I tell you what, I just will not be able to go to the exchange and lie about my eligibility for subsidies. It will not happen.

I believe every American ought to have some basic level of health care. I believe the system has big problems and needs reforming. What I can't believe is that hard working republicans are going to get shaken down by welfare cheat democrats--again.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
It is more than just saying so. It is a legal document saying so and lying can get you jailed. also you income can, and should be, verified by your tax returns.

I, too, want to reform the existing mess and do not think Obamacare will be effective. The problem is it leaves profit directed private insurance in the system. The payment system should be federalized and private facility ownership should also be eliminated. Payments should also be on a pass through basis.
Oh, yeah, Greg, just like the liars got in BIG trouble on the liar loans...oh, wait a minute, it was the banks they hosed that got in trouble. The liars got off scott-free, and in some cases collected a little class-action money.

If this was all a big scam to wreck everything so it could be replaced with a nationalized single payer system, I hope they don't wreck the whole country in the meantime. This is going to be bad for a few years, the way it looks.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Either you must detail to the government your income sources, expenditures, etc. (even more than you do now) every year as if it was any of their business... or you wind up with these "liar's subsidies". It's a bad thing either way.

Or... and here's a truly innovative thought... maybe we should buy our own health insurance, and help our friends when they need it? Then nobody has to explain themselves to the government time and again, nobody has to lie (except to our faces, which we can usually detect).

Imagine, life without government intruding into every little, routine thing we do.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
obamas approval rating is irrelevant now. hes locked in for the next 3 years and doesnt have to face re-election.
Not true, higher approval ratings mean:

1) better at fundraising

2) better at convincing the public and congress at legislating to your whims

3) better in the midterm elections, there is one in 2014
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies