Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:58 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times

Advertisements

There are a few posters here on C-D where their anti-gay rants makes you wonder if they are indeed conflicted in their own sexuality.

Why would they care so much about what others do?

Maybe they think if they hate enough those "feelings" would go away.

I am very secure in MY sexuality, I have no problems with same sex relationships or marriage.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
A tendency among some homosexual Christians, to be exact. Now the question is, which is the part of themselves that causes the self-hate: the homosexuality or the Christianity?
The "Church" tells them homosexuality is an abomination so they must hide or try to change those feelings, they think if they think HATE enough, the feelings will go away.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:02 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I've been curious as to how some people can be so obsessed with what other people are doing in their own personal love lives. I'm not talking about those who have their own personal feelings about what relationships and marriages should look like and save expressing it for appropriate times and places to debate. I'm referring to those extremist who protest out in the street, in the courtrooms, or even on the internet (those infamous regulars who post anti-gay spin threads almost on a daily basis). I think I may have the answer...this study shows they are secretly gay and are having problems internalizing that, so they lash out.

Homophobes Gay? Study Ties Anti-Gay Outlook To Homosexuality, Authoritarian Parenting
That's like saying people would don't like broccoli have hidden broccoli desires.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That's like saying people would don't like broccoli have hidden broccoli desires.
If people made a routine habit of haranguing people who like broccoli and making their lives difficult, I would think that's at least one out of many possible explanations.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
But people who don't like broccoli generally don't spend many, many hours per week starting threads and posting comments on forums about how awful broccoli is, how no one should eat broccoli, and how evil broccoli-lovers are.

Anyone who did so would rightfully fall under suspicion that he or she had some sort of deep-seated psychological issues about broccoli.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I've often wondered why many men who claim to be gay act like women, and why many women who claim to be gay act like men. the world is full of mysteries.
Umm what? Not all gay men are queens and not all lesbians are butch.
There many straight men that are feminine in their actions ... There are many straight women that act masculine.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
The thing is, it is pretty rare for anti-broccolists to share their detailed reflections about the oh-so-disgusting act of broccoli consumption. Whereas - for instance - during the DADT debate, the anti-gay people were talking endlessly about showers and the act of showering - their mind's eye filled with images of young, lithe bodies lathering up.

ETA: Curse you, pch1013, and your fast typing!

Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I've been curious as to how some people can be so obsessed with what other people are doing in their own personal love lives. I'm not talking about those who have their own personal feelings about what relationships and marriages should look like and save expressing it for appropriate times and places to debate. I'm referring to those extremist who protest out in the street, in the courtrooms, or even on the internet (those infamous regulars who post anti-gay spin threads almost on a daily basis). I think I may have the answer...this study shows they are secretly gay and are having problems internalizing that, so they lash out.

Homophobes Gay? Study Ties Anti-Gay Outlook To Homosexuality, Authoritarian Parenting
Then they come out later in life and are ok with themselves

Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The thing is, it is pretty rare for anti-broccolists to share their detailed reflections about the oh-so-disgusting act of broccoli consumption. Whereas - for instance - during the DADT debate, the anti-gay people were talking endlessly about showers and the act of showering - their mind's eye filled with images of young, lithe bodies lathering up.
Were they all standing with books in front of their nether regions? LOL.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:17 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But people who don't like broccoli generally don't spend many, many hours per week starting threads and posting comments on forums about how awful broccoli is, how no one should eat broccoli, and how evil broccoli-lovers are.

Anyone who did so would rightfully fall under suspicion that he or she had some sort of deep-seated psychological issues about broccoli.
That is because if you do not like broccoli, you don't have to eat it, or buy it, and no one assaults your character over it. But if you are not in favor of gay marriage then you are labeled a hater, a bigot, and homophobic. When people are attack just for expressing their opinions, they tend to fight back, and the activist gay community won't tolerate any other personal views, other then full acceptance and full endorsement of their lifestyle choices.

If people went on witch hunts to attack people's businesses and personal lives, who professed a dislike for broccoli, then you'd see a whole different situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies