Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Three years in prison for shooting an innocent person in cold blood? Is that OK with you? Meanwhile we have people in prison longer than that for possessing drugs. Our country is totally screwed up when it comes to crime and punishment.

Cop Kills Sunday School Teacher in Church Parking Lot | American Overlook

Culpeper Cop Who Shot and Killed Patricia Cook Sentenced to Three Years in Prison - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 05:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Three years in prison for shooting an innocent person in cold blood? Is that OK with you? Meanwhile we have people in prison longer than that for possessing drugs. Our country is totally screwed up when it comes to crime and punishment.

Cop Kills Sunday School Teacher in Church Parking Lot | American Overlook

Culpeper Cop Who Shot and Killed Patricia Cook Sentenced to Three Years in Prison - Hit & Run : Reason.com
That is insane!

How could a jury decide that? It's crazy.

A woman's life? three years.??!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
I read the article, and two facts glared out at me. Disgruntled former military, and the fact that he's a Southerner. I'm gonna keep saying it until it sinks in to everyone, COPS NEED TO HAVE A BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR HIGHER. Why? Because the meatheaded, roid raging disgruntled former enlistees can't get in if that was the case. We want smart people to be cops, not traumatized vets (although in his case I don't know) who can't live a single moment without thinking someone's gonna pull a gun on him. I don't hear of too many cases of FBI agents shooting an unarmed person, do you? 99% of the time it's some municipal beat cop

Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
He shot her 6 times. He could have just shot to injure.

And 3 years of probation?! That's nothing, and this guy is clearly dangerous.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He shot her 6 times. He could have just shot to injure.

And 3 years of probation?! That's nothing, and this guy is clearly dangerous.
Southern good ol' boy network at play here. I'm sorry, but the facts stand that corruption at the local level in the South is more prevalent than in the North, judging from the insane amount of police corruption threads on here

Old 07-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I read the article, and two facts glared out at me. Disgruntled former military, and the fact that he's a Southerner. I'm gonna keep saying it until it sinks in to everyone, COPS NEED TO HAVE A BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR HIGHER. Why? Because the meatheaded, roid raging disgruntled former enlistees can't get in if that was the case. We want smart people to be cops, not traumatized vets (although in his case I don't know) who can't live a single moment without thinking someone's gonna pull a gun on him. I don't hear of too many cases of FBI agents shooting an unarmed person, do you? 99% of the time it's some municipal beat cop
That's because they rarely get into gun fights. Most FBI work does not involve violence. But yes, they do shoot unarmed people. A good example is Ruby Ridge.

And Southerners are no different from anyone else except in your bigoted mind. Maybe I should remind you that the Unabomber was born in Chicago and went to Harvard. Sandy Hook was in CT, not the South. Columbine was in CO, not the South. Ted Bundy was born in Vermont, not the South. John Wayne Gacy was born in Chicago, not the South.

You really should get over your bigoted hatred of all things Southern.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Since you think all LE corruption is in the South, here are some links to " unbrainwash" you.

City reaches settlement with family of Mardi Gras victim - seattlepi.com

And this one has lists of cop misconduct... you will notice it's not just in the south.

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Your beloved FBI in your beloved North:

The on-going trial of James Bulger is bringing media attention back to the scandalous behavior of certain high-ranking FBI agents in the Boston area. There was much wrongdoing, but some of the worst aspects were that these FBI agents would look the other way while their informant, Bulger, committed all sorts of crimes, including murder. And then, believe it or not, the FBI agents would stay mum while innocent persons were accused of committing their informant’s crimes. And they would stay mum while those innocent persons languished in prison for years.
John Morris was one of these high-ranking FBI agents and because of his record of “public service,” he is living comfortably on his FBI pension.
We know this because he was cross-examined in court the other day. Here’s an excerpt from NBC News:
During an aggressive cross-examination, Brennan aimed to discredit Morris by leading him through a long litany of his corrupt acts during his tenure at the FBI, including taking money and gifts from informants, obstructing justice, tipping off organized crime about FBI investigations, carrying on a long affair with his secretary and lying to cover up those actions.
“You were being deceitful?” Brennan asked.
“Yes, I was,” Morris answered. …
Morris, who was granted immunity for his testimony about FBI misconduct in 1998, now works as a part-time wine consultant and continues to receive a government pension.

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
A Bailoff locally killed a man and was never even indicted. He killed the man in an act of road rage.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Since you think all LE corruption is in the South, here are some links to " unbrainwash" you.

City reaches settlement with family of Mardi Gras victim - seattlepi.com

And this one has lists of cop misconduct... you will notice it's not just in the south.

National Police Misconduct NewsFeed Daily Recap 07-04-13 to 07-05-13

Read the list. 2 out of 11 incidents on that list took place in the Northeast 6 in the South yet again. Not really helping your case out much. When is it going to sink in that Southern cops are, in fact, more likely to violate your civil rights, including your life, than cops in the Northeast? But, let's not unfairly target the South, you're right. I apologize for that. It's Red states in general that have the most unprofessional and trigger happy cops, California excepted. Seems to be a correlation between the lower educational achievement of Red states vs blue, California being the exception as I said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies