Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:58 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Well actually...

Have you seen any Politician who doesn't mind spending huge sums of our money no matter the cause ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Women can do what they want with their own bodies when they don't put the taxpayers on the hook for what happens when they exercise those choices. Celibacy is FREE.
if you have a problem paying taxes and worried that those taxes are going to abortions...why not fight the taxes laws?

Seems odd to want to ban all abortions because some may be tax funded.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a man and would never tolerate some other person telling me what I can or cannot do to my own body.
Then don't try to commit suicide, inject heroin or sell an organ. All are illegal.

Last edited by Rakin; 07-09-2013 at 09:12 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
As a Texas taxpayer, yes, I am sick of this obscene waste of money in an attempt to roll back reproductive choice back to the back-alley days of pre-Roe.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Only you should determine your morals and values. I dont want you infecting my child with your 'supposed' knowledge of values or your morality.

I dont want you teaching my child your version of spirutality though your prayers in my public schools...that is my job. I dont know or care what your values and morals are...that is your business.
Nearly all laws are based on morals.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yet again, here are our politicians posturing over a bill they know will get shot down. Roe Vs. Wade makes it quite clear what's allowed and what isn't. The so-called "fiscally conservative" Tea Party in Wisconsin just threw a bunch down the drain: Judge blocks new Wisconsin abortion law - Houston Chronicle It'll happen in Texas also when it gets challenged.

Anyone else tired of posturing that costs millions?
Roe v. Wade is not being touched. Women in Texas are still allowed to kill a child.

There is nothing in Roe v. Wade, that says there cannot be strict requirement to get that abortion, that is perfectly legal to do.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Roe v. Wade is not being touched. Women in Texas are still allowed to kill a child.

There is nothing in Roe v. Wade, that says there cannot be strict requirement to get that abortion, that is perfectly legal to do.
it would be anologous to having the right to own a firearm, but restrict bullets. How would you feel about your 2nd amendment right then.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Women can do what they want with their own bodies when they don't put the taxpayers on the hook for what happens when they exercise those choices. Celibacy is FREE.
So what do you do with babies born to mothers who can't afford to raise them, and in turn, our supported by the government?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Looking at the ruling too isolated. The restrictions put on clinics are what was considered to be breaking the precedent in the WI ruling. Same thing will happen to Texas. It is like the Palin quote: "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig" and that is what this bill is, like the others, a "dressed up, help womens health" faux bill.

It isn't any coincendence these bills are supported by Religious groups and not Medical groups.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
As I understand it, the bill improves standard of care requirements -which can't be bad- and prohibits abortions (with sensible exceptions) after 20 weeks, which is the halfway point in the pregnancy. That's plenty of time for a woman to make her 'choice', isn't it? Some here argue that a fetus is part of the woman's body, like a wart or something. Be that as it may, is it unreasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to nascent life at this late point at the very least?

There are certainly pro-Life fanatics. Opposition to these eminently sensible and humane limits on terminating nascent human beings is evidence plain of pro-abortion fanaticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies