Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,543,839 times

Advertisements

Yet again, here are our politicians posturing over a bill they know will get shot down. Roe Vs. Wade makes it quite clear what's allowed and what isn't. The so-called "fiscally conservative" Tea Party in Wisconsin just threw a bunch down the drain: Judge blocks new Wisconsin abortion law - Houston Chronicle It'll happen in Texas also when it gets challenged.

Anyone else tired of posturing that costs millions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 04:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,863,862 times
Some people just believe trying to prevent little pre-babies from being chopped into pieces while still alive and sucked out of their home piece by piece is worth fighting for no matter the cost or chances of success.

Pro-choice myself but I understand the view of the other side.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,543,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Some people just believe trying to prevent little pre-babies from being chopped into pieces while still alive and sucked out of their home piece by piece is worth fighting for no matter the cost or chances of success.

Pro-choice myself but I understand the view of the other side.
I don't at all. Maybe because I'm not from Texas. I'm in education and we all know where I stand about ed. here.

I'm sure I'll sound belittling, but where I come from I was taught to listen to Doctors and scientists first.

Last edited by crbcrbrgv; 07-09-2013 at 05:08 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,863,862 times
Do doctors and scientists determine your moral values?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,195,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yet again, here are our politicians posturing over a bill they know will get shot down. Roe Vs. Wade makes it quite clear what's allowed and what isn't. The so-called "fiscally conservative" Tea Party in Wisconsin just threw a bunch down the drain: Judge blocks new Wisconsin abortion law - Houston Chronicle It'll happen in Texas also when it gets challenged.

Anyone else tired of posturing that costs millions?
Yeah, all this stimulus spending is just plain stupid.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,118,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I don't at all. Maybe because I'm not from Texas. I'm in education and we all know where I stand about ed. here.

I'm sure I'll sound belittling, but where I come from I was taught to listen to Doctors and scientists first.
Scientists will tell you that a fetus has different DNA than the mother. It is a different being from the mother. To me that means it is not "the mother's body." I don't care if a woman decides to cut off her arm because that is her body. But aborting a fetus is different and a crime against humanity.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,698,139 times
The Republican's and their RWNJ supporters will spend ANY amount of money to return women to the slavery of unwanted pregnancy. The fate of the fetus is secondary to the unquestioned control of women by unworthy men.

I am a man and would never tolerate some other person telling me what I can or cannot do to my own body. As I will not impose anything on another that I could not tolerate I unconditionally support all women's right to make their own choices concerning their own bodies.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,933,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Do doctors and scientists determine your moral values?
Only you should determine your morals and values. I dont want you infecting my child with your 'supposed' knowledge of values or your morality.

I dont want you teaching my child your version of spirutality though your prayers in my public schools...that is my job. I dont know or care what your values and morals are...that is your business.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:58 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,166,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Republican's and their RWNJ supporters will spend ANY amount of money to return women to the slavery of unwanted pregnancy. The fate of the fetus is secondary to the unquestioned control of women by unworthy men.

I am a man and would never tolerate some other person telling me what I can or cannot do to my own body. As I will not impose anything on another that I could not tolerate I unconditionally support all women's right to make their own choices concerning their own bodies.

Women can do what they want with their own bodies when they don't put the taxpayers on the hook for what happens when they exercise those choices. Celibacy is FREE.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,933,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Scientists will tell you that a fetus has different DNA than the mother. It is a different being from the mother. To me that means it is not "the mother's body." I don't care if a woman decides to cut off her arm because that is her body. But aborting a fetus is different and a crime against humanity.
The texas law did not ban abortions...so what is your problem. So picket Rick Perry for not banning abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies