Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

It may seem odd but you can place the blame on Bill Clinton who sold the USA to commie red china. He sealed that deal with the creation of the EPA. In effect Bill Killed the economy and sold your age group's birth rite out to the ENEMY.

Up to about 4 months ago i was building machines the enemy can't seem to copy. The Enemy loves to cope any patented machines they can steal. I suspect after 6 years of making the same basic 4 machines now, they have finally duplicated some, as i am sure they do not honor any patented rights.

OR it may be that the ENEMY has out spent itself.

Bill should be arrested, have his assets frozen, and be tried for TREASON, but they don't call him slick for nuthin', and his little protégé the current teflon kid is doing his best to seal your fate.

At this point I feel it is safe to say Welcome to the USA, the newest 3rd world country. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I will be 62 in Nov.

On your 'guarantee' there was never one at any time in history. Your generation seems to think there was. No one was handed a living or a who they are. BUT we were allowed to try on our own, unlike sheep these days who demand no one acts alone to better what they are.

You may find older people are more like, Lead, Follow, or just Get Out of the Way. Right now and at no other time in the past of the USA we have more idiots running the Govt than at any time in the past.

That much should be self evident, but oddly it isn't due to Sheep mentality.

My advice would be break the mold and try Liberty for a change. That 0 tolerance sure isn't working out now is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

What do you think has caused the pattern of behavior in my generation. (I'm 23).
I'm more than twice your age, and had plenty of peers who felt as you do at your age. It's not a generational thing.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
In contrast I knew a guy that drank, smoked and 'effed his way through college on his parent's tab and lived on an allowance until he inherited a few million dollars or so. He then continued his life until his body gave out at 53. His son is doing the same but without the dope, drink and fatty food. The son is the smart one.

Yeah, you can surrender yourself to 80-90 hour weeks with no guarantee of success for a decade and “make it”. For most of us that road is less likely to succeed than buying a lottery ticket. Most will be stuck in the 80-90 hour trap without any recognition. The real trick is finding a career that lets you live your life as you want while surrendering a little time to the man as you have to. Remember the man has no loyalty to you so it is your task to exploit them as hard as they are exploiting you.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:19 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In contrast I knew a guy that drank, smoked and 'effed his way through college on his parent's tab and lived on an allowance until he inherited a few million dollars or so. He then continued his life until his body gave out at 53. His son is doing the same but without the dope, drink and fatty food. The son is the smart one.

Yeah, you can surrender yourself to 80-90 hour weeks with no guarantee of success for a decade and “make it”. For most of us that road is less likely to succeed than buying a lottery ticket. Most will be stuck in the 80-90 hour trap without any recognition. The real trick is finding a career that lets you live your life as you want while surrendering a little time to the man as you have to. Remember the man has no loyalty to you so it is your task to exploit them as hard as they are exploiting you.
That is a horrible attitude. The powers that be show a huge amount of loyalty if you can prove you can add value to a company. Trying to pull one over on other people instead of working harder does nothing but turn you into the very people you think are screwing everyone over.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
As the parent of a 21-year-old college senior, I find this a depressing take on life. I know for damn sure my daughter doesn't feel this way, nor do her friends.

Let's see, one friend just graduated with a marketing degree and got a job in NYC in her field. Very exciting for her.

Another, who admittedly smokes pot and only just now managed to grow in his cute little goatee, is majoring in cellular biology with an eye to cancer research.

Her best friend is a senior majoring in archaeology. She works part-time as a tour guide at King's Chapel in Boston.

My daughter is a senior majoring in high school education. She works part-time as a lifeguard and swim teacher, which she loves. She will do her student teaching this fall in Australia under her university's overseas program. She's really excited about her future, plans to stay in the Boston area and hopes to teach in an inner city school, because she finds that most rewarding.

All these kids worked hard to get where they are, and still work hard. But they don't feel it's a burden, they feel it's how you go forward in life.

I'm sorry, OP, that you have such a grim outlook. I don't know how you got to this point. But I don't want everyone to think that kids all suck, as most posters on this forum insist, or that the only goal in life should be to become a car mechanic because college sucks.

This is the wrong forum for you to be on. Most posters will tell you ... in fact, are already telling you in the posts above ... that life sucks, the world is ending, and you should just give up because, oh, Bill Clinton sold America to commie China. Or something equally weird and fact-free. In other words, if you're already depressed, this forum will drive you over the edge.

Please get help, talk to someone who can guide you, get outside the bubble of this and similar forums. There's a whole new world out there in reality land.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Your attitude is 100% why you don't get ahead. I am only 27, so I grew up in very much the same environment as you. My parents didn't have money, I all but raised myself. Anyone can go to college. Pick a degree with a higher chance of getting a job. Start networking and looking for internships your freshmen year. Work you ass off. I was accepted to a college that was far away from every single person I knew. It was in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do for fun. I went anyway (taking out student loans, not having family pay for it) and went there because it was cheap. Instead of partying, I studied and networked. I was rejected for every internship I applied for after my sophomore year in college, so I kept in touch with the companies that turned me down, and a year later got an internship. It took me 18 months of effort to get that first internship. I worked my ass off at that internship (staying late, working for unpaid overtime) and it turned into a full time job. I put myself through grad school at night while working full time (working and being in school 80-90 hours/week for years), and ended up landing a six figure job. I am not saying this to brag in any way. I just want you to realize that no one who has anything decent had an easy time getting it. It took me five years of working 80-90 hour weeks and $130,000 in student loans to land a six figure job, and that is the norm today. Stop complaining, stop putting yourself down, pick a path and throw yourself at it 100%.

Like you, I understand why people turn to theft as well. They would rather take the easy path instead of putting in their few years of personal sacrifice to get what they want.
Unlike you I can't up and leave and go to a cheap school away from everyone I know.
I just sunk $3000 into a move 1100 miles away from my "home" of 8 years. I'm helping take care of my grandmother and great grandmother who dont have much time left, I also live with my boyfriend of 3 going on 4 years with plans to get married and start a family as soon as we can afford one. I can't just leave my life to do that.

I'd have to stay local and do what I can while working to help us keep our heads above water.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Unlike you I can't up and leave and go to a cheap school away from everyone I know.
I just sunk $3000 into a move 1100 miles away from my "home" of 8 years. I'm helping take care of my grandmother and great grandmother who dont have much time left, I also live with my boyfriend of 3 going on 4 years with plans to get married and start a family as soon as we can afford one. I can't just leave my life to do that.

I'd have to stay local and do what I can while working to help us keep our heads above water.
There are always options. It just depends on how bad you want it. There are reputable schools that offer online courses, I have a friend who drove five hours each way every saturday to go to school on the weekends. My brother and his wife lived in different cities for two years so that they could finish their education. Look for ways to make it work, not excuses as to why it won't.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Queen - You are on the honorable path. Taking care of family ahead of your self is a justifiable sacrifice. I can only hope your do well.

HNSQ - I never said I had a correct or even proper attitude but it is my attitude. I have been at war with some sob or another for 60 years. That is just the way it is.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Queen - You are on the honorable path. Taking care of family ahead of your self is a justifiable sacrifice. I can only hope your do well.

HNSQ - I never said I had a correct or even proper attitude but it is my attitude. I have been at war with some sob or another for 60 years. That is just the way it is.
That is the way it is because that is how you want it to be. You can change your attitude and not be combative if you want to.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
The OP is the exact reason this country is in decline and will continue to decline. Simple fact is this person and the generation wants everything handed to them. They don't want to have to work hard to get ahead, why? There is absolutely no reason for them too. They can "get by" just fine in life, without doing anything. This country is now designed for every social enttiltement, freebie program needed. A few under the table jobs and even normal ones and they can sit around, get loaded, drink their butts off and do nothing. THAT is what liberal social policies have gotten us.

How about you take the money you spend on alcohol and drugs and use it for your education and to get ahead in life? But again, why should you do that? You are just content with your lousy life the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies