Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

We have the right to own guns, as well as the right to carry them lawfully and to use them responsibly. It comes down to taking personal responsibility to use them lawfully and taking the consequences if you don't.
I can't say it more clearly than this. We have the right to own guns. If you don't like it, you can SHUT THE $%#@ UP !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
This has probably been beaten to death, but It's still an ongoing issue to me. What are your thoughts on Americans being able to conceal carry and own firearms?

Did you think the firearms bill should have passed?
It doesn't have to be an issue because the issue is not guns, as some like to think, but people who should not have them. Although there were safeguards that were implemented to prevent somebody with a serious criminal record from buying a gun from a person or a gun store with a FFL, most of those who should not have guns buy them on the black market, or they steal them.

As a law-abiding gun owner, I'm all for the Second Amendment and nobody should tell us that we cannot buy certain kind of weapons because somebody else abused the right to keep and bear arms, and it's up to us decent law-abiding individuals to decide whether or not we want to keep guns in their homes or carry them concealed, not the government.

On the firearms bill - They've been passing gun laws since God knows when and that hasn't done any good. Laws won't work as long as there are law breakers out there, they only affect decent people, not criminals, the plain and simple fact is, people have been killing others long before guns were invented.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:47 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
I really get tired of threads like these, and some of the dim witted post seen. One thing is a FACT, we are never going to get rid of human violence, and firearms just play a small role in this. You people who thing Utopia will arrive when all the guns are gone are smoking some pretty good stuff. Automobiles kill more people in one year than all the hand guns combined, we should blame the damn car and ban them all. How many people die in house fires a year, we should blame the house and not the cause this is how we fix things in America. Lets just start giving all children born from now on frontal lobotomies, hell, problem solved, now you can have your Utopian Society and no one will even care.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:54 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It doesn't have to be an issue because the issue is not guns, as some like to think, but people who should not have them. Although there were safeguards that were implemented to prevent somebody with a serious criminal record from buying a gun from a person or a gun store with a FFL, most of those who should not have guns buy them on the black market, or they steal them.

As a law-abiding gun owner, I'm all for the Second Amendment and nobody should tell us that we cannot buy certain kind of weapons because somebody else abused the right to keep and bear arms, and it's up to us decent law-abiding individuals to decide whether or not we want to keep guns in their homes or carry them concealed, not the government.

On the firearms bill - They've been passing gun laws since God knows when and that hasn't done any good. Laws won't work as long as there are law breakers out there, they only affect decent people, not criminals, the plain and simple fact is, people have been killing others long before guns were invented.
The progression of a progressive's idea of safety:

1. ban all guns

when people turn to using blades, as has been the case in the UK

2. ban all knives, and swords (as has been done in Japan)

when people turn to using sticks, clubs, and bats

3. ban all sticks, clubs, and bats

when people start using hammers and tire irons

4. ban all hammers and tire irons

when people turn to throwing blunt objects

5. ban all blunt objects

when people turn to using fists and feet (more than 900 people are killed with fists and feet each year)

...they'll have to get back to us on how to ban fists and feet. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Are we safe now?

BTW, criminals will still have guns.

We will never be safe through banning weapons. People will continue to kill with any weapon that is handy. Serious criminals will always have the best weapons money can buy on the black market. Law abiding citizens will eventually be caught between a rock and a hard place... the criminals and the police.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The progression of a progressive's idea of safety:

1. ban all guns

when people turn to using blades, as has been the case in the UK

2. ban all knives, and swords (as has been done in Japan)

when people turn to using sticks, clubs, and bats

3. ban all sticks, clubs, and bats

when people start using hammers and tire irons

4. ban all hammers and tire irons

when people turn to throwing blunt objects

5. ban all blunt objects

when people turn to using fists and feet (more than 900 people are killed with fists and feet each year)

...they'll have to get back to us on how to ban fists and feet. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Are we safe now?

BTW, criminals will still have guns.

We will never be safe through banning weapons. People will continue to kill with any weapon that is handy. Serious criminals will always have the best weapons money can buy on the black market. Law abiding citizens will eventually be caught between a rock and a hard place... the criminals and the police.
These same PC have the same stupid for MMGW. sending you a dm

Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh no that isn't true at all. The grabbers really want the hand guns, but will settle for what ever they think they can get. This week it is so called assault rifles, next month it might be bolt action sniper rifles what ever that is...... The month after that it is street sweepers, and it just goes around and around.

What these grabbers need to do is move to any other country. I would if i could, but there is no other country where I have any RIGHTS.

Russia is looking better though. I think you can make maple syrup there, i think there are mts there like mine and I am pretty sure they won't care about any of my guns.

I plan to ask then when 15,000 come to Obama's FEMA III party hell why i might even take up smoking again .......
mac, you made my point for me. i wasnt talking aout the gun grabbers, i was talking about the average citizen and the drive by media. how many murders have there been in chicago this year? 500+, and how many of them have hit the national news? the regional news, heck even the local news. when they are mentioned it is done in passing, and then forgotten. but have one person go out and shoot up anything with an "assault rifle", and it is all over the national media, heck the world media, and it hangs around on the front page for months, and generates threads like this for a couple of years all over the internet. politicians then craft a bill that is supposed to protect the people from these "evil rifles", and prevent criminals from getting their hands on these rifles. and we the people know that the legislation does no good, and so do the politicians do as well, but they dont care, they just want to make it seem like they are doing something productive in washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

well said.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
100% gun bans r a good thing but that is not the intention the intention is to disarm some and not others
This is what caused ethnic cleansing in Croatia
Disarming some
Or ignoring the fact that u have failed to disarm the violent in your community

Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
This has probably been beaten to death, but It's still an ongoing issue to me. What are your thoughts on Americans being able to conceal carry and own firearms?

Did you think the firearms bill should have passed?
I am no fan of the US gun culture. But the best evidence suggests right-to-carry laws don't have that much impact on overall crime rates.

A few states saw slight drops in crime following the passage of right-to-carry laws. Other states saw crime increases. Many states saw little change. Of all the factors that contribute to rising and falling crime rates, right-to-carry laws don't seem to have all that much impact.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
100% gun bans r a good thing
How?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:15 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I am no fan of the US gun culture. But the best evidence suggests right-to-carry laws don't have that much impact on overall crime rates.

A few states saw slight drops in crime following the passage of right-to-carry laws. Other states saw crime increases. Many states saw little change. Of all the factors that contribute to rising and falling crime rates, right-to-carry laws don't seem to have all that much impact.
Neither am I fond of the new wave gun culture, but this was brought to us by the PC and by the feminists directly. First the feminist made it so there were no rites of passage from being a boy to being a man. The end result we see today is nancy boys who know nothing of being a man. They don't hunt, never had a gun and to be a man they think they need a gun to live in the burbs and or the city. Wouldn't know how to gut and dress a deer if dear life depended on it.

Then we have the PC who 'Feel' they are better than everyone else and so are qualified to make demands and tell everyone else what they may own as the PC see fit.

Since they are not really qualified and can't really make the rules much less the law they Pretend they are. I believe they have been telling themselves their own lies for so long, that at this point they believe their own lies.

That's just too bad since there is the LAW.

laws that the PC create are seldom enforced as many can't be enforced because these laws are not with in the scope of the CONS.

Laws that make owing guns in Chicago almost impossible for any legal persons to own a gun.. School Zone Laws that for decades not have proven to be impossible to enforce.

The PC making law just ends up making mockery of the laws they create.

At this point there isn't much the rational can do about it buy laugh and shrug it off.

Once i had no guns made for defense. I had hunting guns and target guns and i still do. I have flintlocks too. But now i also have AK-47 like guns with pig stickers and I own some pretty fancy hand gun designed to be for CCW carry.

Because of foolish PC laws I carry all the time every day, just like I carry a jack and a spare tire.

This failed system of injustice has let me down enough times I know better than to think I could ever trust it.

The failed system is a part of the problem. One day the tide will change and the natural law of order will return. That day will be living hell for the PC.

I think we may be at that apex of insanity now as so many new laws that hake 0 sense have been placed in burden upon us. A few more years will pass as this is, before the tide changes.

Me: I an too old to worry much about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies