Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 06:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Do you all realize that when you all pack into one state, you're give the other side more voting power come elections? Say if pro second amendment people all packed into say 25 states, that would leave the other states with the ability to easily vote anti gun politicians into the House of Representatives and Senate. They'll also have more power come presidential election time via Electoral College...
They don't care about the Bill of rights, and the Constitution, you think they give a damn about voters, and voter fraud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Please don't use pack as in carry to mean move. And quite frankly i don't give a damn about what states have what LAWs. I carry where ever i go and have been armed in 40 states so far. I carry concealed and i just don't give a damn about who 'feels' what.

To see me you wouldn't be able to tell i was armed anyway. That's the point f concealed carry. if it makes any difference in the way i act, I would say it makes me more polite and less able to debate points in public.

On line I am far from polite. I speak my mind as I see fit on CD.n i don't care what the feds say or do. So far as i am concern a great deal of them right now are traitors whop should be arrested and tried in a court of LAW, but Holder refuses to do his job.

google 15,000 russians and Obama. When that day happens which it better not there will be a WAR inside the borders of the USA. I just hope the russians can swim real well. Obama will be on his way to JAIL.

I know what the CONS says and i will live by these laws not the new ones.

None of this should be a debate. The states with too many useless laws like Mass as an example that has a book of gun laws 25,000 pages of gibberish need to throw the book out.

That's why I would never vote for Mitt. He is no better a man than Obama.

We need to go back to the CONS and kick these professional poly (plastic) tics ( blood sucking leeches) out once and for all and set term limits.

When the legal system can't figure out what Shall Not be Infringed means which I know is a lot bigger than the word 'IS' as a country we are in deep kimshee.

The HELL with what the PC want. Just say NO. Who care if they whine like 2 year olds and wring their hands because the govt can't do enough for each and every last rotten stinking one of them.

As for the minorities we don't need any minorities, they need the USA. Work pay your taxes or get out. Don't like it here just get out....

Guns built this country and guns will stay in this country and it's time to make the Govt FEAR We the People AGAIN!
Please note none of this is directed at you in any personal way. it is how it is, nothing more. On CD we have a lot of whiners who wring their blessed little hands who just can't cope.

I don't give a damn how they 'Feel'. I lost family to a double murder and that is why I carry a gun everywhere I go.

There is just one way to stop me....
Okay being a cowboy and doing what you want will getting a mandatory jail sentence if you get caught... The smart thing for us to do would be to stand our ground, educate and debunk the bs and fear mongering, and to vote people into office that will represent our interest...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
I was being sarcastic lol.. Of course I would defend myself if I had no other options...
Well that tactic is valid. A wacko goes off in a crowd and i wouldn't spoil my surprise either, and if it were some sort of PC rally I might just let him run a mag or 3 to reduce that wicked whine.

I got some serious years on you, but unfortunately i ain't dead. My son is 32 and my grand son is 4.
A few years ago a silly PC poster here suggested i beat up violent offenders instead of trying to shoot them.

That whole idea made no sense to me since i am older, which means grumpier, and I am not going punch a bad guy just to see if my hand breaks. I still need to go to work.

Then there is that other problem. Low Life violent offenders do dope! Doing dope gets you into blood risky behaviors and I don't want to beat the tar out of a bad guy to just die of AIDs.....

Like i said To HELL with these PC. They can justify all disgusting behaviors. Here they worry about 26 people when they kill thousands every day in abortion clinics all over the USA...

Lets ban abortion ............ being PC is a sickness and it is taking over the country. Being PC must be banned.

I got mule ear boots 18 inches tall son I will do as I please. being from the Live Free or Die state has caused me to live as a Free man.

I plan to die as a free man too.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They don't care about the Bill of rights, and the Constitution, you think they give a damn about voters, and voter fraud?
[edit]
Voting fraud crap is BS, and even though they may not care about the Bill of Rights and/or the Constitution, they still have to take certain steps to have it overturned... If it wasn't for the people that we voted into government, the guns would have been banned already. Are you really suggesting us pro-gunners should just up and move instead of supporting and trying to elect people who will fight for us in places where we're losing the fight?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
A person feeling insecure can always make the choice of carrying a pocket knife..before you step out the door you can either put it in your pocket or not put it in your pocket. You ask your self the serious question - "do I need that thing"...The answer is always NO- You will survive the day without a weapon...The same can be said for guns. If you are not intelligent enough to survive with out a gun...it is a clear sign that you are to stupid to own a gun. Guns in the modern civilized world should never be a necessity. Once they become NEEDED...then we have lost the battle for civility and public safety.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,496 times
Quote:
Voting fraud crap is BS, and even though they may not care about the Bill of Rights and/or the Constitution, they still have to take certain steps to have it overturned... If it wasn't for the people that we voted into government, the guns would have been banned already. Are you really suggesting us pro-gunners should stop voting for and support people who'll fight for us because the anti-gunners do not care about our vote?
I care and vote, be lets look at the writing on the walls, voting will only take us so far and only do some much, we need to look at others options.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
For the sake of coming to an agreement with the Liberals, I would concede the conceal and carry permits if they would stop this all out assault of firearms and the 2nd amendment. Stay out of our lives.

-A Libertarian
Says who exactly? A true Libertarian would never concede any amount of freedom for the sake of compromise, so a Libertarian, you are not.

Besides, we've been conceding and compromising for far too long as it is already, and that has not pacified Liberals calls for tighter laws. We've been conceding since 1934 on up and things haven't got any better.

National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
This has probably been beaten to death, but It's still an ongoing issue to me. What are your thoughts on Americans being able to conceal carry and own firearms?

Did you think the firearms bill should have passed?
As far as concealed carry, I support it. The Constitution doesn't say we have only the right to "keep" arms, but also to bear them. I also don't mind there being a permit process including some type of training in order to be able to carry a firearm. That last bit is about as Liberal as I get when it comes to firearms.
If more responsible law-abiding citizens chose to carry, I think we'd be better off as a people. I don't necessarily know that the crime rate would drop if everyone were allowed to carry, and I can't really understand why people harp on that. Concealed Carry isn't about dropping the crime rate, it's about having a fighting chance in the event that you get attacked.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I also don't mind there being a permit process
A "permit process" means that some city or state can forbid you from owning, or carrying, or both.

Such acts by a government, are banned by the 2nd amendment.

Maybe a permit process is a good idea, particular if it is based on required firearms-safety training.

But it is still banned by the 2nd for governments to have one.

I advise that you not surrender your right to keep and bear arms to a government. I also advise you, and everyone else, to get firearms safety training.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A "permit process" means that some city or state
can forbid you from owning, or carrying, or both.
There are some people that should be forbidden, such as felons or the mentally ill. If the entire nation were under a shall-issue process, I don't see a conflict.

Quote:
Maybe a permit process is a good idea, particular if it is based on required
firearms-safety training.
Right. The permit process should be contingent on safety and handling training, and a clean criminal record along with a clean bill of mental health. { even though current background checks don't check for mental health records, but they should } There's nothing wrong with that imo. It's the May-Issue states that are in violation of the Constitution.
Quote:
But it is still banned by the 2nd for governments to have one.
So to, is banning yelling FIRE in a crowded movie theater, prohibited by the First Amendment, but it's a reasonable restriction. The fact that it makes sense, is what makes it reasonable.
Nothing can be gained by society or to an individual by being allowed to yell fire in a movie theater, but there is very much to lose by being able to do so, so that is why it makes sense to restrict it.

Quote:
I advise that you not surrender your right to keep and bear arms to a
government. I also advise you, and everyone else, to get firearms safety
training.
I surrender no Rights.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 07-10-2013 at 07:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies