Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 AM

107 posts, read 161,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Eating marijuana, cures cancer.
I ate it a few times and it didn't work as well as ripping it from a bubbler. And it gave me a bad case of the runs each time. I couldn't digest that stuff at all. Not healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It may have its benefits but it sure did turn off my brain, for extended periods after stopping smoking. Also made my eyes look funny for extended periods also. I look back at some pix of myself in my 20s, in embarrassment. Its all good though, I wouldn't go back and change anything. Nowadays I prefer to stay sober and bring home the fat paycheck so that one day I can buy a yot and mantion. Seriously though, with ever increasing tightening of liability insurances and Obama care pressing forward, more companies are going to be firing more stoners. Its already happening. Don't get caught with your pants down... quit or keep a whizz pack handy.
You might want to learn how to spell yacht and mansion before you go out and buy either one.......

Old 07-11-2013, 08:42 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is not proof of anything. Any drug, regardless of legal or not that alters the brain, can do other damage. For those who live places where it is legal to use medical pot, and they want to, that is their business. I know a few people who do believe it has benefits. I might even vote for legalizing it for med reasons and totally controlled, but I would never give it to a child and I would never say pot is good for anyone.

txtqueen: I hope you are not being serious.. You can't afford to see a doctor but you can afford to buy pot? You can't sleep, have you even heard the word: withdrawal. I quit smoking years ago: I had trouble sleeping, I gained weight< damn I guess I should have continued smoking...
I lose weight not smoking.
I'm at a healthy weight.

It controls my stress levels, I eat like a normal person. I can function when I smoke.
And yeah, $100+ for insurance each month, +co pay, + paying for a prescription = a lot more than we pay for weed. $40 every two weeks for a half ounce, that's a lot cheaper than insurance and doctors and prescriptions.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I lose weight not smoking.
I'm at a healthy weight.

It controls my stress levels, I eat like a normal person. I can function when I smoke.
And yeah, $100+ for insurance each month, +co pay, + paying for a prescription = a lot more than we pay for weed. $40 every two weeks for a half ounce, that's a lot cheaper than insurance and doctors and prescriptions.

$40.00 for half an ounce is cheap. Can't get a quarter here for under $50.00.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You might want to learn how to spell yacht and mansion before you go out and buy either one.......
Obviously someone can't take a joke, which is why I said "seriously though" afterward.

Assburgers much??? Or are you just stoned?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 AM

593 posts, read 470,366 times
the Government don't want to legalilze it because it's their "boogeyman" for prison time.

Doctors don't want it legalized because they are making a killing(literally) off the BS poison drugs they already have on inventory and Mary Jane will make those drugs null and void.

Ignorant people that have no clue about Marijuana don't want it legalized because they are just TV-bots and just believe whatever the TV says is bad about "weed" but never take into account what's good about it.

Stoners DO want it legalized for obvious well-informed reasons.

In a nutshell, Marijuana can literally pay down the ENTIRE deficit of this country within 2-3 years if this wicked Governemnt ever decides to use it as an Export to China. It can actually help them get off the Opium....or maybe not...lol

Old 07-11-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post

In a nutshell, Marijuana can literally pay down the ENTIRE deficit of this country within 2-3 years if this wicked Governemnt ever decides to use it as an Export to China. It can actually help them get of the Opium....or maybe not...lol
Please expound, using numbers and references.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Please expound, using numbers and references.
No need for numbers, COMMON SENSE and looiking at the big picture is all you need.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
No need for numbers, COMMON SENSE and looiking at the big picture is all you need.
Typical answer based on feelings. Happens every time I ask that question.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Typical answer based on feelings. Happens every time I ask that question.
When people can't see the forest for the trees...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies