U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
 
69,360 posts, read 56,653,385 times
Reputation: 9370

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Failure to comprehend the difference between the debt and the deficit. Don't worry, it's a common affliction among conservatives.
The debt doesnt climb if you have surpluses

The last time there was a surplus in this country was in the 1950's..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:37 PM
 
Location: NC USA
3,383 posts, read 4,154,812 times
Reputation: 1795
Why do the liberals try to spin everything? This whole crap about Obama being the smallest spender is lame and has been disproven time and time again yet the left wing idiots seem to want to keeo rehashing it. I love the 2009 stuff that Obama signed is still pinned on Bush and then the myth of the Clinto surpluses. How easily they are fooled!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 4,109,569 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Why do the liberals try to spin everything? This whole crap about Obama being the smallest spender is lame and has been disproven time and time again yet the left wing idiots seem to want to keeo rehashing it. I love the 2009 stuff that Obama signed is still pinned on Bush and then the myth of the Clinto surpluses. How easily they are fooled!
Who gives a flying fortress whether he was the biggest or the smallest spender? There are no brownie points for either. I frankly think he hasn't spent enough. The stimulus was too small. He's been obstructed at every turn, many times by the weak leaders in his own party (I'm looking at you, Harry Reid).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
24,387 posts, read 12,116,866 times
Reputation: 4532
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The debt doesnt climb if you have surpluses

The last time there was a surplus in this country was in the 1950's..
A budget surplus is not the same as an actual surplus( i cant remember the technical name for it), that is the problem with your argument, you are assuming the 2 are one in the same and they arent. We are talking about the budget surplus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
 
69,360 posts, read 56,653,385 times
Reputation: 9370
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
A budget surplus is not the same as an actual surplus( i cant remember the technical name for it), that is the problem with your argument, you are assuming the 2 are one in the same and they arent. We are talking about the budget surplus.
a budget is projections. not actual spending. I could budget to have tons of money in the bank this year if only I ignore that I have to borrow against my properties and the debt it would create to do so.. Thats what Clinton did, and you're applauding him for it which has me wondering where you learned accounting from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 3,053,089 times
Reputation: 1619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
"Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower. Who knew? So, how have the Republicans managed to persuade Americans to buy into the whole “Obama as big spender” narrative?"

Read the article and check out the chart. It shows Obama and Clinton spent less than Bush Jr., Bush Sr., and Reagan. Republican solution to all problems is to spend more of our money.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes
the democrat argument to this statement. "well I guess we don't need roads?!?!?!!?!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
24,387 posts, read 12,116,866 times
Reputation: 4532
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush left office with spending bills unsigned, and Obama not only signed them, but exapanded the spending by nearly $1T..

Maybe you should learn how our budget process works, because even if you want to claim the 2009 budget belongs to Bush, it was passed by both branches of a Democratic Congress
No, he didnt, President Obama is only responsible for about 400 billion or that year.

The revenue for that year came in at 600 billion less than expected (2.7 trillion down to 2.1), that is where you are getting the 1 trillion dollar number from( 600 billion plus 400 billion) and that is why you are so mistaken. It actually isnt a partisan thing, you just didnt look closely at the numbers, no biggy, now you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
 
4,851 posts, read 3,053,089 times
Reputation: 1619
oh, I forgot the most commonly used argument in the libaral arsenal. ""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 4,109,569 times
Reputation: 1667
The whole stupid topic of this thread presumes that you get a medal for being a small spender. If only we could cut the entire federal budget, we'd be a great land again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: NC USA
3,383 posts, read 4,154,812 times
Reputation: 1795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Who gives a flying fortress whether he was the biggest or the smallest spender? There are no brownie points for either. I frankly think he hasn't spent enough. The stimulus was too small. He's been obstructed at every turn, many times by the weak leaders in his own party (I'm looking at you, Harry Reid).
You should be looking at the fact that he is a big spender as it will affect tthis country for a long time. All that spending without the revenue has an impact. Hasn't spent enough? Seriously? We spend too much on studies for robotic squirrels and garbage that our government has no business being involved with. I for one am glad he has been obstructed considdering the fact that he has proven himself to be completely inept. Start caring as it affects everyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top