Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 PM

267 posts, read 577,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So, where is the "evidence" that Trayvon "jumped out and attacked" Zimmerman?

Because Zimmerman said so?

Because other than Zimmerman's word, which doesn't carry much, if any, credibility, no one knows who made the first physical contact.

So.......in answer to the OP's question: Nope. Zimmerman is not being railroaded. He was involved in a violent altercation which resulted in the death of an unarmed teenager. There are a lot of questions as to his motives, why he made the choices he did that night, and who initially assaulted who, and he needed to be brought to trial.

It is now in the hands of the jury. And, while I admit that I will be terribly disappointed if they cut him loose, it is what it is, that is the way our system works, I will accept it, and my life will pretty much go on, as it has for the last 58 years.
Pretty much lol

Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,221,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
I can see it now~ GZ is aquitted. Every stalker in Florida goes after his victim ~ and as soon as the victim even looks at him BAM ~ " I feared for my life, so I shot him (her).

As far as I'm concerned GZ lost his "stand your ground when he stopped standing his ground and started stalking. TM was well within his rights to confront, fight, or shoot GZ. Reverse stopped when he started stalking TM.
If Zimmerman is acquitted, I hope some good comes from this whole terrible event and that some of these ambiguous laws about self defense, stand your ground, and who should or shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun will come under some serious scrutiny and some changes made.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:00 PM

91 posts, read 260,165 times
Verdict will be hung or not guilty

Old 07-12-2013, 06:02 PM

91 posts, read 260,165 times
Zimmerman will not be found not guity or a hung jury there is no evidence to find hime guilty only hear say

Old 07-12-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
If Zimmerman is acquitted, I hope some good comes from this whole terrible event and that some of these ambiguous laws about self defense, stand your ground, and who should or shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun will come under some serious scrutiny and some changes made.
I certainly do too. I think the reason so many people are so passionate about this case is because the issue of gun rights is tied to it. I've noticed a lot of people who are pro GZ are republicans and pro TM, democrats...not all the time, but quite often. I was listening to a conservative news talk radio station and almost all the callers believed GZ had the right to shoot TM.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,081,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal198 View Post
I certainly do too. I think the reason so many people are so passionate about this case is because the issue of gun rights is tied to it. I've noticed a lot of people who are pro GZ are republicans and pro TM, democrats...not all the time, but quite often. I was listening to a conservative news talk radio station and almost all the callers believed GZ had the right to shoot TM.
It has nothing to do with gun rights. It has to do with race. That's why so many people are passionate about this. They feel like they have some sort of standing ground to scream this is racial injustice if Zimmerman is off the hook.

I feel confident saying 10% of the fanatics out there say this is about guns. The rest want to riot, burn Whitey's town, and threaten white people over this. Look at the New black panther party loser Shabazz, look at Twitter, there is all kinds of nonsense. This is a race issue, cultivated mainly by media and sheep.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
It has nothing to do with gun rights. It has to do with race. That's why so many people are passionate about this. They feel like they have some sort of standing ground to scream this is racial injustice if Zimmerman is off the hook.

I feel confident saying 10% of the fanatics out there say this is about guns. The rest want to riot, burn Whitey's town, and threaten white people over this. Look at the New black panther party loser Shabazz, look at Twitter, there is all kinds of nonsense. This is a race issue, cultivated mainly by media and sheep.
That's true race... and gun rights.

I have noticed a lot of people are heated about both. When people defend GZ it's that he had the right to carry his gun and use it as a form of self defense, when they defend TM, the argument is usually he was profiled and targeted because of his race. I do still think that a lot of people are throwing out the term thug when describing TM doesn't even have a record goes to fit the stereotypes surrounding black people and does show racism. Some people have shown such little compassion for TM and his family that it's hard sometimes to believe that it is not about race. Look at how the police department treated TM's family. One of the complaints made by the Martins and the prosecuting judge, was that the police and detectives were very insensitive.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,221,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If TM was so scared, why didn't he just go home? Why did he come back and jump GZ?
*Sigh*

We don't know that Trayvon "jumped" Zimmerman. All we have is a liar's claim that that is what happened.

We will likely never know the truth.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:27 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,208,415 times
Quote:
Why is TM being labeled a thug here? Is it because he is black? He had no criminal record which is actually what makes someone a "thug."
Because it seems like the best word to describe a young man who has been tied to lots of fights, property crimes and drugs. Had this not happened, in a year or two hed be being called a thug by the men he robbed or the women he attacked and raped. I was just giving him the title early because I had faiath that he would reach his goals.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:29 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,081,095 times
Quote:
That's true race... and gun rights.

I have noticed a lot of people are heated about both. When people defend GZ it's that he had the right to carry his gun and use it as a form of self defense, when they defend TM, the argument is usually he was profiled and targeted because of his race. I do still think that a lot of people are throwing out the term thug when describing TM doesn't even have a record goes to fit the stereotypes surrounding black people and does show racism. Some people have shown such little compassion for TM and his family that it's hard sometimes to believe that it is not about race. Look at how the police department treated TM's family. One of the complaints made by the Martins and the prosecuting judge, was that the police and detectives were very insensitive.
I think a big reason people seem insensitive about the loss of TM is the race issue. At the heart of it, I feel bad for the kid and this whole mess. But then I see people backing him up, calling for riots, death, threatening people, retaliation, and any compassion I have begins to turn to anger. And I think that is exactly what the media is baiting people with. It's a one sided race card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies