Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:29 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Is it disrepectful? Yes

Does he have the constitutional right? Yes

Is he an entertainer? Yes

Should we give a crap about the POS wrapper? NO

haha agreed!

well said !!!!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Unless he takes it to the next level and goes in the direction of a stolen valor incident I would just chalk it up to one more rapper moron with the brain of a small chimp trying to get some attention.
Maybe, he ought to take it to the next level and join the Marines..... then we can see just how badazzz of a rapper he really is! Bet he wouldn't last the first round......this is disrespectful, unless he has served.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:38 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
SMH...is there anything half of these rappers have respect for anyway?
Capitalism.

Using the logic of our right-wingers, he's a hell of a lot smarter than some bozo who gives away years of his life for little pay and few material advantages.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:39 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Best Marine Corps Tribute

Best US Marine Corps Tribute - YouTube

1st Reconnaissance Battalion fire upon enemy forces near Sangin, Afhganistan - YouTube

Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM

679 posts, read 614,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Whatever, nobody is wasting your tax dollars.

My brother is ex Recon Marine. His duty included Guarding the embassy, hostages rescue, just the name a few.

Nobody has the right to wear beautiful dress blues before earning the title "United States Marines". If one does not understand the code of honor BEHIND that dress blues, he has no business wearing the Uniform.
You know, this statement alone makes me think that there's a strong possibility that you're making up a story so you can show "disgust" with all of this.

Every single marine I've known has been very, very, very adamant that there is no such thing as an Ex-Marine. In fact they've been pretty insulted by the use of the term. Its been something that is so commonly known among the groups of people that I know care for them that it makes me wonder if you are actually in the situation you describe, because if you were I would think something as prevalent as "once a marine, always a marine" would be known to you.

As for the actual offense. Is it insulting? No, but that's because a uniform doesn't make a marine, the actions and person does. If anything this is more like a little kid that puts on their parents clothes and says that they're an adult. It's dress up time and it doesn't really mean anything. Now if he had put the uniform on and started acting like it meant something more than a change of clothes, that would be insulting. But this is a photo shoot, nothing more, nothing less.

Not only that but its a photo shoot without an agenda with a negative stereotype attached. If it had been him doing some action that would imply a negative action towards the uniform, that would be insulting. This is just put on a jacket, smile for the camera. Not something that really means anything.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
former soldier here

who cares, people take this stuff way to seriously. He's an entertainer, not some jerk pretending to be a marine for self gain.
Why was he doing it then.....self fame If the money he makes goes to the Marines then I could rethink this.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 AM

679 posts, read 614,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why was he doing it then.....self fame If the money he makes goes to the Marines then I could rethink this.
Probably because the people running the photo shoot thought he would look great in a marine jacket to give the picture some style and then the baseball hat to make him look like an everyday guy.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 AM

111 posts, read 107,529 times
Do not say you are a United States Marine unless you are one. Unlike other services, people who are Marines can spot a poser really fast and deal with them very painfully.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 AM

419 posts, read 365,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
former soldier here

who cares, people take this stuff way to seriously. He's an entertainer, not some jerk pretending to be a marine for self gain.
Exactly.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

50 Cent Disrespects Marines - YouTube

What do you think about this? Do you think rapper 50 cents is trashing the Marine corps by wearing Marines dress blues?

Thank you
Great thread. We must have solved the backlog issue at the VA when I wasn't looking, which frees you up to post on this pressing matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies