Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home_Kid View Post
if you thought your life was in danger you would. perhaps a rooky mistake, but how often do you encounter life threatening scenarios?

everyone is taking this to literal/physical. state-of-mind cannot be seen in the eyes of others, only zimmerman knew what he was thinking.

its a unfortunate event for both sides.

i can see zimmerman coming out not-guilty on all charges. however, he doesnt escape civil charges like OJ got.

next i would demand state of FL pass law that says any firearm toting security guard has to go through a 15hr class before being able to do such job, and, must do a class every 90-120days. 1pc of that traing would be in chapter-2 "work with police - unless your life is in immediate danger, if 911 operator directs you to do something, then do it". this doesnt mean the person has to call 911, but if they they they should be trained to listen to 911, etc.
That may be untrue.

He could be shielded from a civil suit if he's found non guilty by reason of self defense.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home_Kid View Post
if you thought your life was in danger you would. perhaps a rooky mistake, but how often do you encounter life threatening scenarios?

everyone is taking this to literal/physical. state-of-mind cannot be seen in the eyes of others, only zimmerman knew what he was thinking.

its a unfortunate event for both sides.

i can see zimmerman coming out not-guilty on all charges. however, he doesnt escape civil charges like OJ got.

next i would demand state of FL pass law that says any firearm toting security guard has to go through a 15hr class before being able to do such job, and, must do a class every 90-120days. 1pc of that traing would be in chapter-2 "work with police - unless your life is in immediate danger, if 911 operator directs you to do something, then do it". this doesnt mean the person has to call 911, but if they they they should be trained to listen to 911, etc.
I've gotten worse beat downs than Zimmerman and I didn't think my life was in danger.

Majority of men, especially men as large as Zimmerman who have had self defense training would not be in fear of their lives during a fist fight with a skinny 17 year old.

I'd bet on that

Old 07-13-2013, 11:37 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Martin assaulted Zimmerman. Zimmerman broke no laws before or after that occured. What is so hard to understand about that? If you assault someone, and end up on top of them, be prepared for the consequences.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownAndSmall View Post
When does a direct order given and not followed become o.k.? I don't know who's right or wrong,but had GZ followed instruction's. we would'nt be discussing anything.
There was no direct order. The dispatch operator testified that they are not allowed to give orders per their policy. His words were " we don't need you to do that". Upon which Zim started heading back to his truck. That's when the altercation took place.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It is when you have a wife beater lunatic like Zimmerman on the loose.

Still doesn't change the fact that he was out at 7 pm, despite you claiming it was 1130pm
I didn't say it was 11:30. The woman wasn't his wife.

With lunatics like gz on the loose, all the more reason to not to allow a child to roam around in the dark.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
What Good testified to, was after-death staging by Zimmerman.

You can do a lot with a body.
Good testified seeing TM on top of GZ. Even the state accepted it.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Martin assaulted Zimmerman. Zimmerman broke no laws before or after that occured. What is so hard to understand about that? If you assault someone, and end up on top of them, be prepared for the consequences.
So what, the punishment for assault shouldn't be death, if so, then Zimmerman should be dead because he assaulted a cop.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And the father never noticed that TM wasn't home til the next morning.

Pay attention.
Actually, dad did notice tm wasn't home that night. Maybe it was so common, he thought nothing of it until the next day.

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So, he screamed his head off for 45 seconds?

Not possible.

Witness Good saw TM throwing down punches during that time.
Good's testimony was in and out, in and out.

He never testified to having heard a duration of screaming.

George Zimmerman trial: Neighbor testifies Trayvon Martin was straddling Zimmerman moments before fatal gunshot - Crimesider - CBS News

713 posts, read 1,461,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I've gotten worse beat downs than Zimmerman and I didn't think my life was in danger.

Majority of men, especially men as large as Zimmerman who have had self defense training would not be in fear of their lives during a fist fight with a skinny 17 year old.

I'd bet on that
zimmerman is not you. "tough guy" zimmerman is likely a puss, etc. you missed the point. i might have other opinion if i could see some video of zimmerman kicking arss, etc. is zimmerman so stupid that he thought this was his chance to shoot a black kid, and then cry self defense and risking life in prison?

the hold thing sounds like a wuss fight and zimmerman freaked, then shot. maybe zimmerman thought TM was after his firearm? did zimmerman ever say that? its all very unfortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies