Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't think Trayvon was on the phone to Rachel during the confrontation.
The phone records show the calls between Trayvon and her. The records don't lie, and they line up with the timeline of the other evidence. Also her testimony matches Georges, for the first part of the incident.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
There was no direct order. The dispatch operator testified that they are not allowed to give orders per their policy. His words were " we don't need you to do that". Upon which Zim started heading back to his truck. That's when the altercation took place.
You are leaving out the entire conversation about where Zimmerman would be for the police. This part of the conversation occurred after the part where the operator told him not to follow.

George Zimmerman Police Call w. Time Stamps and Notes - YouTube

Old 07-13-2013, 02:48 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I guess you missed the part where the dispatcher himself testified that it was not an order or you are intentionally ignoring it.
But IMO if a police dispatcher instructs me to do or not to do something I will listen to them. Because I'm sure they have more training in whatever situation I would be calling them for. Wouldn't most adults follow the directions of a 911 dispatcher, and what was GZ's state of mind that made him believe he shouldn't/didn't have to listen?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Drat that Rachel. Did she forget tm telling her the creep had a gun.
He didn't get the chance.

He had business that required his immediate attention.

Uh, the gun thing.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
You're a teenager and a grown ass man with a gun is CHASING you, punching him running up to you isn't self defense?

And if you're a grown ass man with a gun literally chasing a teenager down and he punches you and you kill him with your gun that is not self defense nor standing your ground, you were chasing him down against the reccomendations of the police and he was trying to defend himself.

And that's all if Trayvon did indeed deliver the first blow, it could've gone either way.
None of that applies where I live. We don't have stand your ground, but punching someone that is no threat to you is assault. If someone is chasing you because they want to attack you then you can attack them, but people don't randomly start chasing other people where I live. Most likely, if someone is chasing you then you did something like rob them.

The evidence in the GZ case doesn't support your vision of events. You may want to think that GZ chased down TM, but the prosecutor doesn't even think that.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
But IMO if a police dispatcher instructs me to do or not to do something I will listen to them. Because I'm sure they have more training in whatever situation I would be calling them for. Wouldn't most adults follow the directions of a 911 dispatcher, and what was GZ's state of mind that made him believe he shouldn't/didn't have to listen?
Most people would stay in their car/truck and let the police handle it. Zimmerman probably would have done the same if he wasn't carrying a gun that he said he forgot about.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Zimmerman got angry when TM ran off without first telling Zimmie where he was going.

You know, it WAS Zimmie's business to KNOW those things.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:53 PM

7,811 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post

He was not obligated to listen to him. What other people would do in the same situation has no bearing on what the law is.

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Who did the "engaging"?
From what I have read, TM attacked GZ, not the other way around.
If so, he must have circled around deliberately to make the attack.
Was GZ's weapon in his hand, or in the holster?
If it was in his hand, was it pointed at TM when the attack occurred?
IMO, if it is true that TM was on top of GZ beating him, the claim of self defense is viable.
But according to you, Martin was fearful when he attacked him, and under stand your ground, if you fear for your safety, you have a right to attack.

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I guess you missed the part where the dispatcher himself testified that it was not an order or you are intentionally ignoring it.
He did say that they can only make suggestions. But this whole trial and all the comments I am hearing on the Internet and MSM is centered on GZ getting out of his vehicle. Even though it is not an illegal act, they are making it out as though it were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies