Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
YouCan shoot someone if you're losing a fight for your life.
Zimmerman's defense said that the fight for his life did not happen until Trayvon say the gun, a gun he could not have possibly seen.

so no, he wasnt in a fight for his life as Trayvon was only using his fist. However,since Zimmerman had a gun, doesnt that mean Martin was in a fight for his life ?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:50 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
A lot of people would say, that depends. Lets say you saw someone doing something suspicious, like for example, walking out of your neighbor's garage with a box full of tools. Heck, your neighbor may have given him permission to use them...just becasue he picked them up in the middle of the night and didn't turn any lights on doesn't prove anything. You call the police and they say they are on their way and ask which way he went. You watch him heading through back yards in the area. Would it be "unreasonable" to follow him from a distance, while talking the police in on your cell phone and telling dispatch where he is going? And if doing so, would it not be reasonable to be carrying a means of protection?

Most would probably agree that approaching and attempting to physically restrain a complete stranger that you identified as suspicious isn't a smart thing to do. But we have no indication at all that GZ did so.
The last thing the police want is a confused situation.

Stay the hell out of it.

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Horsing around in the service my head hit a steel deck I saw stars and I had no blood. I also didn't know what day it was for about an hour. I was concussed. LOL
I HATE when that happens.

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
by others, you mean the Defense because they agreed to them too. but all that is your opinion anyways.
Sure they agreed. But it was the Prosecution assuming and hoping they will convict on emotion, since no evidence supports their case. I just find it funny how many of the people who are against stereotyping people, are cheerleading the way the State used this stereotyping to try and get a conviction.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM

310 posts, read 256,349 times
Quote:
But that happens in fights all the time, the point of using the gun is to match force with force and the medical examiner's testimony says that Trayvon was not using that much force.

whether you think he was justified in defending himself is one thing, but we are talking about the amount of force it took. Zimmerman's defense was that he HAD to kill Martin, not because of the fight, but because Martin was grabbing for the gun, a gun that Marin could not possibly see at that point.

Zimmerman's entire account of what happened is not possible, there were no bushes, His shirt was not wet on the back side, his gun was behind him, not on his side, no transfer of blood, no blood on the concrete.
The thing is that it isn't even about using great force, the right hit in the right spot could easily kill a man and that is what makes me think of self defense as plausible in this case.

As for grabbing the gun, I don't know about that one as I have not seen much as far as facts to back that off. However, you can easily feel the gun and grab it without having to see it, but that is just speculation on my part.

Wasn't there a cop that testified about the back of Zimmerman's clothes being wet? I believe that is what one of the witnesses said when I was watching a recap this morning. But, we only have one side of the story so we will probably never know what actually happened.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM

17,423 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
But that happens in fights all the time, the point of using the gun is to match force with force and the medical examiner's testimony says that Trayvon was not using that much force.

whether you think he was justified in defending himself is one thing, but we are talking about the amount of force it took. Zimmerman's defense was that he HAD to kill Martin, not because of the fight, but because Martin was grabbing for the gun, a gun that Marin could not possibly see at that point.

Zimmerman's entire account of what happened is not possible, there were no bushes, His shirt was not wet on the back side, his gun was behind him, not on his side, no transfer of blood, no blood on the concrete.
Oh my god.

There were bushes.

His gun was on his hip.

GZ's blood WAS on TM.

It was raining.

GZ's jacket WAS wet - it's in the police report.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
... I was talking about how you somehow know Martin's emotions.
Because, Rachel Jeantel was talking to TM on the phone, and unfortunately for GZ, she testified as such.

If YOU were TM, would YOU want me to believe anything other than what the last person YOU were talking to said in court?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You can shoot someone if you're losing a fight for your life.
Unless, of course, you don't have a gun.

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Maybe its just me, but it seems to me that with all the speculating going on, because not much was proven in the trial, that there is not enough information known to put a man in prison for 25 years to life. Look at the trial, a lot of speculation and few facts that provide enough information. Look at all the Zimmerman threads. 95% speculation. Why should someone be sent to prison for 25 years to life, off of speculation?

You who want Zimmerman found Guilty, will be the first to say this exact thing in another trial where you happen to back the Defendant.

It is perfectly okay to hate Zimmerman. You can think of him as a liar if you wish. But it is absolutely unjust to convict based on the trial we just witnessed and speculation. Why wont some of you admit that?

310 posts, read 256,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Because, Rachel Jeantel was talking to TM on the phone, and unfortunately for GZ, she testified as such.

If YOU were TM, would YOU want me to believe anything other than what the last person YOU were talking to said in court?
And what exactly did she say? Did she think he was scared, or was it a quote from him?

Enough with the "if you were TM" crap, I am trying to talk facts with you, but you seem intent on ignoring most of them and trying to use emotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies