Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 10:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Zimmerman never once meant to harm Trayvon Martin, even if he did he wasn't physically capable according to many of you.
Well, he did --- at least once. A shot through the heart...I don't know, it kinda makes me think he was trying to harm him....just a little teeny-weeny bit...a bullet size bit of harm....maybe??

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
lol What exactly does 'we dont need you to do that" mean? See your deficiency is the result of a union between siblings so there is no cure for that level of stupidity. Have a good evening

Keep on keeping on NO_LIMIT_*****

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
3. As for the answer to your question about why TM would suddenly assault him when he wasn't doing anything thuggish, there are a few possibilities.
Not having a gun and having skittles etc. doesn't really mean that you aren't casing houses. I don't know if he was or not, but that only attests to the contents of his pockets. Perhaps he was doing something and felt caught and reacted. Perhaps he was trying to get away but still didn't feel fear for his safety, and when he was asked, he decided to react physically. Perhaps he hadn't gotten a good look at GZ and when he saw him, he thought he could take him.
I don't know and I don't pretend to have all the facts, but the jury was presented with them all and they decided so I'm going to go with what they said.
You just created a narrative about intentions that are from nowhere but your own beliefs. All of your narratives boil down to "Trayvon MUST have done something b/c the idea of him being innocent is absurd." You're waiting for some sort of smoking gun to appear that PROVES that Trayvon was innocent. W/o that, you feel perfectly comfortable assuming & creating narratives that based on nothing but you. I don't know what your reasons are for creating these narratives, but you should care.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I will ask again (since others have ignored my question): why do you assume blacks don't protests other random acts of violence?
Dont dignify that stupid question with a response please.

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
I think Manslaughter was probably appropriate, as I said before, but...

Piers Morgan is just the worst. Sad sack.

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Using that logic why was the black woman who shot a warning shot in the ceiling to scare away her abusive husband just convicted to 20 years, in the same jurisdiction as this one? No one got hurt, no one died.
And this didn't even make the news.

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
So, because two black men burglarized their complex, all black men who were seen in their complex were assumed to be criminals until proven otherwise?
It was more than two but at any rate he was suspicious to him.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Excuse me. Was Trayvon charged with anything in this case? Was he not in fact the victim? As in dead body.

You can't be elevated to adult status in the eyes of the law just because you're dead.

Wait, maybe they shoulda' put the dead "man" on trial---wow, how'd the prosecution miss that one?
You brought up the legal status of a 17yr old. In the eyes of the law 17 yr olds are viewed as adults.

Florida Teens to Be Tried as Adults in Burned Boy Case - ABC News
http://www.act4jj.org/media/factsheets/factsheet_20.pdf

Quote:
This was a legal trial. In the eyes of the law a 17-year-old is a child.
Quote:
Oh, but wouldn't a "thug" have no problem acquiring a gun? C'mon now.
I don't doubt he could have acquired a gun, but he could not do so legally.

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
WE know this now. Trayvon did not know this. Whether you support Zimmerman or not, surely you can admit that his actions were extremely suspicious that night.
George Zimmerman was carrying a concealed weapon that Trayvon knew nothing about until the physical confrontation... please tell me how an "unarmed black teen" in a hoodie walking through a community isn't speciousness in any way but George Zimmerman walking around was extremely suspicious? George Z lived there, that was his neighborhood.

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Lawyers on TV just said that the not guilty by justifiable use of force means TM was guilty of a forcible felony battery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies