Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
An ignorant, racist conniver like GZ... The racist walks...
His brother said he volunteered and mentored African-American children. The victim was wearing a hoodie. Why are you calling him a racist conniver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think he (maybe his family) will be a targeted. Time will tell.
Oh for sure, they've gotten thousands of death threats already. Yes, I think it is possible people will try to kill him and perhaps his family -- 1st Degree Murder if they succeed.

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Your the one standing on Trayvon's Grave.
For a minute there, you had me fooled that you would stay classy.

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
OJ Simpson.
So you make an asinine comment trying to compare the victims in bad neighborhoods to someone that was allowed to walk free after killing someone. And when you're pressed for an example, you pull a case from 20 years ago, where the guy was arrested for killing someone. Did I miss something?

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It seems to work fine when you want to fill in the blanks as to what happened that night....why not now?
I've done no such thing.

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
#1- Zimmerman was in his car. Trayvon notices he's watching him. He's weirded out enough to mention it to his friend and call him creepy.

#2- Trayvon realizes the guy has gotten out of the car and is following him.

#3- It's dark and rainy ( which sometimes heightens the anxiety)

You don't find these actions suspicious?
#1 - Let's be honest here, Trayvon called GZ a creepy ass cracker. He profiled GZ and used a racial slur to describe him.

#2 - Trayvon should have gone home, he had plenty time to get home.

#3 - Weather had nothing to do with this, why would Trayvon walk down the street to buy candy if the weather was bad?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Do you have a source for her being a felon? I don't believe she was. Hint: her husband was a felon, maybe you've got the two of them mixed up.
You are correct, I am mistaken, just a domestic battery charge or something like that.

However, Angela Corey was the prosecutor, and the jury took 12 minutes for a guilty verdict; did you actually read the case and not just from the media?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
My local news station broadcasts protests. You don't see it because you don't want to.

On the one hand you say there aren't any protests and on the other you say folks blame the police for inaction. Which is it?
Its when reporters are interviewing citizens after shootings and crimes are committed in predominately black neighborhoods. I see it all the time.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I would truly like to buy a certain individual here for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth... I could retire comfortably...
I bet you would like to buy another human being, but slavery has been against the law in America since 1865.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:57 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That does not justify what he did to Trayvon.
What Trayvon Martin did to George Zimmerman, according to the law, justified what George Zimmerman did to save his own life.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:58 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Soon, the people without guns won't have any rights, not even to walk the streets.. because, heck, walking around unarmed...you're just lookin' for trouble...you might even be walking around real slow and suspicious-like...in the rain...

Note to self when out at night:

- do not walk slowly

- do not look around

- if someone is following me, run

- if I encounter them again despite running, even if they come up behind me, don't ask them "Why are you following me?" ---After all, what's it my business? -- they were just walking "in the same direction" as me

- if they choose not to tell me why they're following me or don't identify themselves, just take it, don't defend myself

- just keeping running.

After all, the people with guns rule the streets.
It is not legal on any planet to defend yourself from someone who is not attacking you. Following is not attacking. You cannot assume that because someone who is walking behind you, and you assume that they are following you, is going to attack you, so you must attack first..... You will go to jail every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies