Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You keep deciding that the only way that this could have gone down is according to GZ testimony. Why are you 100% sure that he's telling the truth about TM attacking him, when his NEN call said that TM was running away?

Self-defense doesn't just apply when you're losing a fight. If someone picks a fight w/ you and you're better, then of course you're not going to have any marks.

What are you basing his motives on when the only corroborable piece of the story is that TM ran away from GZ?

Yes. And? Your argument for why TM deserved to die was b/c he didn't run into his house?
I'm still waiting for that link that showed where Martin ran away... I'm patient.. Thanks...

Old 07-14-2013, 01:50 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
R u

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclot View Post
i thought a lot of you declared rachel a liar? i guess you only believe the parts of her story that suit you.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:50 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Say what you want, but following a stranger (who you believe is a criminal) around in the dark is NOT a good idea. No good can come from it and it didn't here. Interfering in what is possible police business is not a good idea. For that alone, he should've done time. Giving people license to play cop until the cops get there is a terrible message to send.

Let's suppose Trayvon did turn back and ask Zimmerman why he was following him. That's not a crime, right? You folks have insisted that following someone is not a crime, so I guess it should be no problem if Trayvon followed Zimmerman, right? I mean, maybe he was trying to find out where he went to tell police about the creeper?

For some here:
Zimmerman following Trayvon=innocent pursuit of possible criminal
Trayvon following Zimmerman=thug on the hunt to kill

Do you not spot the hypocrisy?
Zimmerman's intention was to help locate a suspicious person for the police. In fact, he even called the police! How many murderers (or assailants) call the police and tell them to come to their location before they go out to murder (or start a fight with someone)?

Trayvon's intention, as evidenced by the fact that he could have just walked into the townhouse (and/or called the police), was to find Zimmerman and start a fight with him.

It's not a crime for Trayvon to turn back and ask Zimmerman why he was following him. But that wasn't his real intent. The crime is that Trayvon punched Zimmerman and then attempted to murder him.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm still waiting for that link that showed where Martin ran away... I'm patient.. Thanks...
I gave it to you. I even told you where to jump to to hear it.

Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Really? File:Trayvon Martin Shooting Call1.ogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feel free to listen to it all or jump to the 2:05 mark.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:52 AM

Im sorry if we all dont wait around for your opinion on what may or may not be deadly force as someone is bouncing our skulls off the concrete

Quote:
I believe he did, but not with deadly force.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:53 AM

No its not

[quote=ChocLot;30474587]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post

No one has proof about who started the attack. It's taken as fact (by both sides) that Zimmerman initiated the events by exiting his vehicle. Are you arguing otherwise?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:54 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
His three prior arrests. Two for domestic violence and one for assaulting a police officer. And the claim by his cousin that he molested her.
...which were revealed at various placed to be overblown BS, probably put out there by Crump and co.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:55 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Harris-Perry: Black parents holding their children closer after verdict - Video on NBCNews.com

Old 07-14-2013, 01:56 AM

Your arguments are easily dismantled, im sure you would rather talk about what you believe or feel than what is reality

Quote:
Ugh...name calling? Really? I'm sure you are a regular Brad Pitt. Consider yourself ignored.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Actually, most members of my family, including my wife and parents, thought (and probably still think) Zimmerman should have been found guilty. That seemed to be the view of members of my extended family (mostly middle class and upper middle class whites). Many white people seem to think he was guilty, including talking heads on TV.

I'm not sure you can say the same thing in reverse. Are there many blacks who think Zimmerman is innocent?

What some people might be objecting to is that blacks have become so emotionally involved with the case and see it as another instance of racial collectivism and refusal to acknowledge responsibility for black youth violence. I think the emotion has less to do with that and more to do with a mythology that a young boy was innocently walking home and that a white guy followed him and shot him.
I don't know. I can't speak for all black Americans. But see EdwardA (a member on this board who claims to be black).

You don't seem to get it. The violence of which you speak is mostly drug-related. So not exactly innocent victims. And there ARE protests about this violence. I see the neighborhood protests that are sometimes shown on the news. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen and that there isn't outrage.

For all intents and purposes Trayvon *was* a young boy innocently walking home who was followed and shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies