Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 07:39 AM

348 posts, read 336,558 times

Advertisements

Just curious how much was spent on this no-brainer of a prosecution that was doomed to fail from the get go.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:40 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or an innocent person having his/her life ruined for ratings and money.
True.

757 posts, read 1,102,789 times
Default My thoughts and remaining questions in regards to the Treyvon Martin Case/George Zimmerman trial

Ofcourse, I'm very disappointed by the verdict in the Zimmerman trial. However, I still have alot of important questions involving this trial. Questions that may never see the light of day following yesterday's decision.

1) Why did Zimmerman feel the need to conceal a firearm that evening? He was the volunteer watchman of a GATED community. The area is usually relatively safe--knowing that--I seriously doubt someone would feel the need to carry a firearm EVERY TIME they decided to patrol the area. I know Treyvon wasn't a resident, but he was only visiting his father--who in fact--was a resident of this gated community.

2) Why did Zimmerman follow Treyvon despite the 911 Opperator telling him not to? My 1st question and this question is leading me to believe that Zimmerman wanted to stir up trouble with someone that evening. However, that is only my opinion you're free to speculate on that however you choose.

3)--This is the most puzzling of all--When Zimmerman was arrested, why was he uncuffed and allowed to walk around freely inside the police station? (This footage has been presented numerous times) I just thought that was kind of interesting to say the least. Police already knew he shot and killed Treyvon,*why was Stanford police so lenient with this man?

4)--And last question--Why did it take 2 months after the incident for Zimmerman to be charged with murder? Mind you, the city of Stanford never charged Zimmerman with murder. He wasn't charged until the State of Florida took over the case, and after a huge public outcry.

These are just my personal questions, I not here to present any lopsided conspiracy theories. I just feel like this trial was very strange, very strange indeed. However, the verdict is final and George Zimmerman is a free man. Only he himself knows what really went down that evening. I'll leave it up to karma to judge this man justly.

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
But then can someone accost somebody walking on the street, start a fight and then kill him and claim self defense???
If I have a disagreement with you and push you, you are not justified in beating me within an inch of my life. If the police pulled up and I am all bloody and you don't have a mark on you then guess who's going to jail?
Now, if I walked up and assaulted you, but you got the better of me, then I might not be able to claim self defense.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Maybe so but he didn't violate any laws that apply to every citizen. Oh I get it, violate a rule go to jail for 30 years. Is it ten years for having weeds in violation of HOA rules?
My HOA wishes they could do that!!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post

Just curious how much was spent on this no-brainer of a prosecution that wasdoomed fail from the get go.
You don't believe in our justice system, only in your personal opinion of someone's guilt or innocence. Got it.

Golly, we sure could save a ton of money if we just send every legal case to you to decide!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Do you per chance remember the incident recently of the teenager hitting the soccer ref in the head with his fist and killing him? How many blows did that take? ONE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Let's not forget the ex Goldman Sachs banker who is serious condition right now from nothing but a pair of hands
So goddam what? That's not what happened to George Zimmerman!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
Does anyone else find it funny that advocates of the stand-your-ground laws who supported Zimmerman in this case want to paint Martin as a thug for having a picture of a gun, if in fact he did? How many of their own teenagers have guns, have shot guns and who aspire to own their own guns? They encourage their own sons and daughters to love guns but let a black kid do the same....and they are labeled a thug.

I accept and respect the jury's decision but I will never accept the opinion of gun advocates who think this case never should have gone to court. Whenever a person is killed with no witnesses and self defense is claimed the public has a right to try to piece together what really happened. We shouldn't have to accept the person who did the shooting's word for what went down without a formal trial to try to determine if he's telling the truth, or not.
Why? <bold> Why does "the public have a right" to know anything about how this happened? The family? Sure. The legal system? Absolutely but "the public?"
So things like this whipped up case that was all about race where it never existed could be splashed out there to make people that live off racial tension money?

Think about this, how many crimes are committed daily via gun that you NEVER hear about. Should all of those be given the same treatment this case got?
No? Why not?
It was never about race to me. And, yes, anytime someone shoots another person WITHOUT any witnesses, the public (via a trial) has a right to try to sort out if it was, in fact, self defense or a premeditated or otherwise murder. It's part of the checks and balances that we pride ourselves on having in this country. That is my opinion, you have a right to your own.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Ofcourse, I'm very disappointed by the verdict in the Zimmerman trial. However, I still have alot of important questions involving this trial. Questions that may never see the light of day following yesterday's decision.

1) Why did Zimmerman feel the need to conceal a firearm that evening? He was the volunteer watchman of a GATED community. The area is usually relatively safe--knowing that--I seriously doubt someone would feel the need to carry a firearm EVERY TIME they decided to patrol the area. I know Treyvon wasn't a resident, but he was only visiting his father--who in fact--was a resident of this gated community.

2) Why did Zimmerman follow Treyvon despite the 911 Opperator telling him not to? My 1st question and this question is leading me to believe that Zimmerman wanted to stir up trouble with someone that evening. However, that is only my opinion you're free to speculate on that however you choose.

3)--This is the most puzzling of all--When Zimmerman was arrested, why was he uncuffed and allowed to walk around freely inside the police station? (This footage has been presented numerous times) I just thought that was kind of interesting to say the least. Police already knew he shot and killed Treyvon,*why was Stanford police so lenient with this man?

4)--And last question--Why did it take 2 months after the incident for Zimmerman to be charged with murder? Mind you, the city of Stanford never charged Zimmerman with murder. He wasn't charged until the State of Florida took over the case, and after a huge public outcry.

These are just my personal questions, I not here to present any lopsided conspiracy theories. I just feel like this trial was very strange, very strange indeed. However, the verdict is final and George Zimmerman is a free man. Only he himself knows what really went down that evening. I'll leave it up to karma to judge this man justly.
1. Because he has a right to. That is what people with permits do, they carry. What is so hard to understand?

2. There is no proof he continued to follow. That is why we had a trial. And even if he had followed, that is NOT illegal.

3. Because they did not see him as a threat. He was never officially arrested.

4. Because of political pressure by the media, race hustlers and the stupid POTUS. They knew they did not have the evidence to charge him. That is why they didnt. And you saw exactly why they were right last night. The jury agreed that the State did not have a case.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Because---as we have seen---there was not enough evidence to convict. If Angela had sent this case to a grand jury it would have been dismissed at that point. Ever watch The Cold Case Files?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.