Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Let this be a lesson to all of you, especially the people who think they are a badass. You never know who is carrying a gun so behave and don't try to start a fight.
Let this be a less on all irresponsible and irrational gun owners ~ IF you shoot an unarmed minor - you will stand trial. You will spend $$$ on defense counsel; you WILL be paraded before the courts; you will sweat like a pig while others decide your fate; and you WILL be vilified by the American People and you will . . . wish for the rest of your life that you had kept your fat a@@ in that car.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Perhaps you forgot about the string of robberies....
Perhaps you need a course in reading comprehension.

I was responding to another poster.

My statement was in confirmation that things had been going on in this neighborhood and THAT is the reason why they HAD a initiated a Community Watch.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Perchance are you aware that about half the country thinks that Zimmerman was the catalyst for this entire, unfortunate, chain of events? I'm guessing you are not.

Do you really think a jury trial is just about the 'facts'? IF there were another person alive to testify, do you think that the 'facts' may change?

Trials are very much emotion based AND . . . which side can tell the better story. Which side has the better attorneys; which side has the best presentation. "Facts' can be twisted inside and out; up and down and made to look like whatever each side wants.

John Guy's record on murder cases, according to his own words was about 80 wins to 1 loss before this case was forced to go to trial by a mob seeking "justice". There was too much doubt over what happened in the final minute of TM's life and most of the evidence of what happened in that final minute supported the fact that Z was on his back, losing a fight, screaming for help in a voice that sounded like someone in great fear before the shot was fired to ever get a conviction.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Tried to rep you for this but couldn't. Your last sentence was Martin's "crime"--wearing a hoodie and walking through the neighborhood as it was getting dark. Zimmerman was on him, if he ran the police would have gotten him asking why he was running. There was no way Martin was going to win. I just wish he had called 911. He might still be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You think that Trayvon Martin, who was being followed by a stranger who outweighed him by probably forty pounds provoked this confrontation?

I think the lesson to learn here is if you are a teenager, especially a black male, don't wear a hoodie and walk through a neighborhood after dark.

And that's a very sad lesson.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Define the word provoke... Did they hit you first, or did they just say something you didn't like.
Saying something "you didn't like" can be an assault according to Florida Statutes 784.011.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Florida law does not agree with you.

George did a lot of dumb things that night, none of which was illegal. Martin escaped Z's vision for over two minutes and according to the "star" prosecution witness was very close to his temporary home when he decided to double back. A fatal decision.
Nope. Rachel said Trayvon told her that Porky was 'right behind me'.

Why do people pick and choose what parts of her testimony to believe?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You don't spend much time around some of our wonderful "youth" do you?

I have five kids - ages 19, 24, 26, 28, and 30, and seven grandchildren ages 11, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, and 2. I'd say I spend quite a bit of time around "the youth of America."

Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
I wasn't on the jury....they ruled justifiable use of force. It's only justifiable if a forcible felony is being committed upon him..... That's the law...not my words.
776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
George Zimmerman's hands were guided by evil, not by God. Considering that George Zimmerman had been arrested for violent offenses three times prior to killing TM tells me that he will see a jail cell at some point in the future.
I'd bet money on this myself. The man is an aggressive idiot. He and Karma are not destined to get along well.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:47 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Let this be a less on all irresponsible and irrational gun owners ~ IF you shoot an unarmed minor - you will stand trial. You will spend $$$ on defense counsel; you WILL be paraded before the courts; you will sweat like a pig while others decide your fate; and you WILL be vilified by the American People and you will . . . wish for the rest of your life that you had kept your fat a@@ in that car.
Or... you've be found not guilty and charge big bucks to go on talk shows or the lecture circuit.

Much like Bill Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies