Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
He did take and pass a lie detector test.
Sociopaths are known to be able to pass lie detector tests.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:09 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,725,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
You know what I am tired of? African Americans thinking that because Trayvon was BLACK that it automatically means that Zimmerman was a hateful racist, and he, without question, was desperate to murder Trayvon.

Please show me some hard evidence of Zimmerman's racism. I can't wait to see it.
Zimmerman's response to Trayvon can't be quantified in terms of "hard evidence" because that's not the way that discourse works in a society. Discourse is the way that we talk about things and the behaviors that proceed from that. There are people on this board who are using words like "articulate" and "race card" in coded ways--they are indicating their own racist feelings in ways that permit them to still say, "I'm not racist." It's what Freud calls a disavowal. Similarly, Zimmerman probably didn't even think he was being racist by following Trayvon, but in a sociological analysis it would be impossible not to consider racial profiling as one of the most likely causes of Zimmerman's behaviors. This is especially so when we add that Zimmerman had called police numerous times before to report "suspects" who also were black and also weren't ever found to have done anything wrong.

I am a white liberal who works with almost all black people and I still must admit that I'm at least partially racist. It comes out in stupid little ways, but it's still there. In this society, with the bank of cultural stereotype out there that get indoctrinated into everyone, it is almost impossible not to be racist to some degree. The most disingenuous white people imho are the ones who say that they are completely beyond racism and can always separate their thinking from racism. That's just not possible. You have to fight actively against racism if you want even half a chance at really being fair to others.

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Here to take a few minutes off a project.....

Is it just me, or are we right now at a similar point to where we seem to get every 4 years during one of those presidential elections the media seems to like so much?

Since I brought up the media, I think there's an obvious conduit, a correlation here at play. The media has fleshed out this baby, and given it attribution that is only reserved for what would sell provocatively, and the goal, at the end of the day, is $$. I don't own a functioning TV set, and have refused to indulge myself in this, but if someone came on this forum or some other place, and said that CNN ran: "The George Zimmerman arraignment! Sponsored by... Budwesier, the King of Beers!" I wouldn't blink.

But then again, as my cousin mentioned to me a few months ago, the media is only giving the masses what it wants. And I guess that's what this country wants. A reason to tear each other to pieces.

So I made peace with myself a while back. I've tuned out, and realize that one should have no personal stake in the outcome of something as tragic and horrible as someone losing their life, or the person who actually pulled the trigger. I can't imagine wanting to be in either one of their situations, and the whole thing is an utter tragedy.

But guess what? There are similar tragedies being played out every single day in this country, and abroad. The media has given Zimmerman and Martin more virtue or attribution in order to sell commercials, when there are several others in society as victims, daily. If Zimmerman were black, this story would never have gotten legs. So, really, the media is giving society something it wants, and that something is an excuse to tear each other apart.

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree with your opinion. At this point, I'm thinking that Zimmerman does not even realize that he is now "infamous." He probably sees himself as a "hero/winner"......as do so many people posting here.
I can't believe you would put this into a hero/winner or a loser category. No one thinks of it as a hero thing, when someone is dead unless the person did something heroic to make them famous. This is a horrible tragedy for everyone. You are obviously upset cause it didn't go the way you had hoped. It is time to realize a jury of his peers found him hot guilty and yes, that means innocent. I would love to think this is the end of it and the families can learn from what happens when poor judgment is used.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Is there a transcript available of the questions GZ was asked on this lie detector test?

We're supposed to take GZs word that he turned his back on tm at the doorstep of his house after a nice peaceful exchange of words and he got taken by surprise in the way back to his car?

No way. What happened was GZ ran his mouth, TM ran his mouth and they got in a fight. GZ became no better then the average cocky teenager except he had an agenda and a gun. If TM were alive they should both face charges for disorderly conduct. But because TM is dead, GZ should pay.
Z was never near T's back step. Z turned around at the far end of the top of the T. Martin lived at the bottom of the T. Altercation was at the intersection of the T

Old 07-14-2013, 11:13 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
well, im done with this thread and am moving on.

hopefully you guys will all move on, zimmerman supporters and martin supporters.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:14 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't believe you would put this into a hero/winner or a loser category. No one thinks of it as a hero thing, when someone is dead unless the person did something heroic to make them famous. This is a horrible tragedy for everyone. You are obviously upset cause it didn't go the way you had hoped. It is time to realize a jury of his peers found him hot guilty and yes, that means innocent. I would love to think this is the end of it and the families can learn from what happens when poor judgment is used.
Good post. But it isnt the end of it. Do you really believe the left and the race hustlers are just going to drop this? They are going to milk this for all the race dividing they can. The race hustlers and lefty media are the ones that made this national from the start, because they took it and turned it into a race issue when it was not.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well wake me up when stalkers are actually convicted for shooting unarmed victims.
Look up the definition of stalking and get back to us.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Good post my sentiments exactly.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Natalee Hollaway was stalked and killed as well so was she a victim of Darwin's law, too?
where did you get the idea Nancy Holloway was stalked? Most of us accept she was killed and her body will never be found, but I think most, also believe she got herself into a mess, and probably went with someone she should not have gone with. That is not being stalked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies