Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 02:06 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,063,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Let me see if I understand this.

If a person feels scared and threatened because they are being followed while walking alone in the dark and "Stands Their Ground," the person who stalked them can then kill this person out of self defense? Florida is getting to be the wild west!

Lesson of the story: If you want to get away with murder, put your victim in a position that they will have to defend themselves. Then kill them out of "self-defense!"
Could you please elaborate on this. What did Zimmerman do to put Trayvon in a position where he had to defend himself?

The evidence of bruising on Trayvon Martin from Zimmerman punching him is...where?

What about the evidence that Trayvon Martin had safely made it to the back porch of his father's fiancee's house? (Testimony from star prosecution witness.)

Why didn't Trayvon Martin call the police if he thought he was in danger? He had a working cell phone! Why didn't he run into the townhouse?

Why did Trayvon, instead, go out of his way to look for George Zimmerman?

Did you pay any attention to the actual facts of this case? The Prosecution bent over backwards to try to get a conviction (and even concealed evidence favorable to the defense) and the best the Trayvon supporters can do is make emotional arguments and ignore the facts of the case in spite of the Prosecution investigating and putting forth its best arguments.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:07 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You mentioned "drugs" because it is a Black child. Do you lecture your kids about not becoming drug dealer? Is that automatically supposed to be on the radar as a career goal of a Black child?

The bigotry just runs so very deep.
Ever hear of DARE programs in schools ?

From the time my 2 sons were in school we discussed the evils of Drugs. Their school, their church and their parents educated them to stay away.

Do Black parents not teach their kids the evil of being in the drug business ?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Many black people simply do not want to look at the facts of the case. Rather, they want to use the incident to bolster their agenda: The problems in the black community are all Whitey's fault! The white's are racist and they want to kill us.

It's easier to blame Whitey (or a Hispanic guy) than it is to look inward and do some community soul searching. These are the same people who want to blame Whitey for self-inflicted problems such as black-on-black violence, babies having babies, drug use, low rates of educational attainment, etc.

Is it possible that the black community has suffered a breakdown in values that led Trayvon Martin to adopt a thug-like mentality? Is it possible that something in black culture is responsible for those other self-inflicted wounds cultural and economic wounds?

The reality is too painful and difficult for some people to face. There's a reason why other minority groups are doing so much better in this country in spite of discrimination against them. The black community will continue to lag behind until it is ready to deal with reality.

I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be to be an intellectually honest, rational black person with good values. Those are the people I really feel sorry for.
Hmmm. Interesting. Do you really believe that it's only black people that disagree with the verdict?

I guess the only 'intellectually honest, rational black' people - agree with YOU?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Let me see if I understand this.

If a person feels scared and threatened because they are being followed while walking alone in the dark and "Stands Their Ground," the person who stalked them can then kill this person out of self defense? Florida is getting to be the wild west!

Lesson of the story: If you want to get away with murder, put your victim in a position that they will have to defend themselves. Then kill them out of "self-defense!"
Tell us how you put someone in a position to have to defend themselves without touching them?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:09 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

From the time my 2 sons were in school we discussed the evils of Drugs. Their school, their church and their parents educated them to stay away.

Black parents who care about their kids and steer them away from the NO_LIMIT_***** lifestyle.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'm hoping there's some way around that, a loop hole of some kind.
The parent will not want all the information about Trayvon to come out that was held back in the trial.

This is where you'd learn about any history of trouble.

1,483 posts, read 1,725,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Another common sense question. Why in the world didn't Travon walk on the sidewalk, instead of walking close to the houses?
The common sense answer is that it was raining and he wanted to not get wet. The problem with your question though is that it doesn't matter why, since he wasn't doing anything wrong. In fact, even asking such a question is a form of pathology. Freud calls it a disavowal when we say "I know very well" that something is wrong, but then we go ahead and do it anyway. You know very well that Trayvon's choice to walk in a certain way is unrelated to the issue, yet you go ahead and put the burden back on him--on how he walked. It was his "walkingness" or his stature, his hoodie, whatever--any of these factors have no bearing at all yet they do, underneath the surface in the subtext of the law--the very subtext that George Zimmerman and his brother Robert cling to in order to get their way.

1,209 posts, read 1,036,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Did you teach the results of your spawn the evils of alcohol as well?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM

592 posts, read 414,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In some states he most likely would have been convicted of one or more crimes, not in Florida.
Yeah. But let's not forget Treyvon did assault Zimmerman. I have no sympathy for Treyvon. It's interesting the media totally ignores this fact. I don't see anyone condemning Treyvon for his actions.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Another common sense question. Why in the world didn't Travon walk on the sidewalk, instead of walking close to the houses?
We don't know that he wasn't walking on the sidewalk. GZ was the only one to make that self-serving statement that TM was walking close to the houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies