Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yes and in the original UFC??? They didn't...

And what happened those first few years? You saw tons of smaller dudes beating up on much bigger fighters...

Look at the Gracies legacy for example...

Gracie vs Shamrock for example?

And let's remember that UFC is closer to street fighting than in boxing which fighters never go to the ground.

And none of this matters because even amateurs have thousands of hours training.
The Gracie's use grappling techniques to neutralize their opponent's weight advantage. It's the main selling point of their fighting system. Anyone home yet? Hellooo???

Old 07-14-2013, 06:11 PM

40 posts, read 18,480 times
The left is eating its own head, they just cant stand it that Zimmerman was found innocent. Martin was the one who walked back and confronted with violence Zimmerman. He contributed to his demise.

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Martin was attacking Zimmerman. That was proven in court. The rest of your speculation to the intent of my words is just that - speculation. I have told you that again and again. At any point will you realize that I understand the intent of my own words better than you?
So explain this:

Quote:
What crime was Zimmerman committing if you are trying to claim Martin was justified in attacking Zimmerman
If your intent is otherwise, then clarify your statement b/c there's no way that this makes sense if you're talking about what happened after they were already fighting. In fact, the only way that sentence makes sense is if you're talking about what led to the confrontation.

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The prosecution getting the testimony of 2 quacks about Trayvon screaming. They did get testimony from 2 quacks, Bao and Rao. They used the word 'child' a zillion times. They managed to keep out tm's school and cell phone records. Interviewed the star witness sitting next to Sybrina in her house.

Corey did what she was told to do, prosecute gz. Rotten evidence, rotten witnesses, rotten legal case, reflecting the rot of how gz was politically persecuted.
I think I would rather be persecuted than dead. GZ put himself in that situation. The trials over. The worshippers of the obese one can now at least try to be honest.
1. GZ is a creepy wanna be.
2. GZ followed a man for no good reason.
3. His wounds aint all that bad.
4. He lied and exaggerated.
5. Most adults would have the common sense not to do what GZ did. One can reasonable predict the potential for a confrontation.
Come on be honest none of you supporters would appreciate being treated the way GZ treated TM.

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Martin was attacking Zimmerman. That was proven in court. The rest of your speculation to the intent of my words is just that - speculation. I have told you that again and again. At any point will you realize that I understand the intent of my own words better than you?
Wrong...Martin was getting the better of Zimmerman, which does not prove that he attacked him other than in self defense against the unidentified weirdo that was following him.

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Theres a difference between defending oneself against a person who you "think" is following you and defending yourself against someone who his bouncing your noggin off a concrete
Notice how NONE of them will address that very basic fact.

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, there is no satisfaction in winning by default. The prosecution really could have delivered a better case.
What do you think the Prosecution could have done differently (aside from not concealing more evidence from the defense)? Is there incriminating evidence that the prosecution failed to present at trial?

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Based on Zimmerman's appearance he must have been beaten by a pillow.
I mean other than the swollen nose and 2 minor abrasions GZ wasn't even hurt.
No GZ DNA on TM's hands, knuckles or clothes?
Precisely he beat on a guy who was not fighting back. He stopped the threat, enough already. Once he punched Z in the nose, he should have walked away.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl View Post
The left is eating its own head, they just cant stand it that Zimmerman was found innocent. Martin was the one who walked back and confronted with violence Zimmerman. He contributed to his demise.

Not exactly over yet.

Zimmerman could still be held responsible for Martin's death

Zimmerman could still be held responsible for Martin's death - CNN.com

Old 07-14-2013, 06:13 PM

40 posts, read 18,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What constitutes a would-be murderer in your world? A kid who took a swing at a guy that played cat and mouse with him that absolutely refused to identify himself because the loaded gun he was carrying gave him a sense of arrogant authority? Really, how do you determine a would-be murderer? His clothing? His cell phone provider? His choice of beverage?

In this instance the guy on the prowl carrying the loaded gun was the would-be murderer before he shot Trayvon Martin.
You accuse Zimmerman of everything that is just ridiculous and then absolve Martin of the fact that he was beating a mans brains in. Zimmerman had every right to shoot Martin in SD and its a great day for CCW and defense from thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies