Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 06:49 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Insignificant to one of them doctor peoples. Any claims that Z was in danger for his life are instantly debunked with that statement.

VERY INSIGNIFICANT INJURIES.
Again, until what point was GZ supposed to wait before taking action??

Old 07-14-2013, 06:49 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,233,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hope liberals everywhere give up all they have a contribute. I hope they go broke in a failed attempt to continue to take down Zimmerman. -They are a sad, racist bunch of people. They wanted an arrest. They got it. Wanted a trial. They got it. Wanted a verdict. They got it, but hated it. They hated that justice worked. Screw them. Please all you liberals, put your life savings where your mouths are. Go broke in a pathetic attempt to take down a man who defended himself after being assaulted.
Who's trying to take down Zimmerman?

I'm donating to organizations that are working towards repeal of several laws which made this verdict possible and Zimmerman a free man.

I accept the verdict. I don't agree with it and I'm disappointed in it but now my focus will be on looking for ways to help prevent something like this from happening again.

Zimmerman is free to go on about his life - and you are free to continue to keep sending him money.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Martin was attacking Zimmerman. That was proven in court. The rest of your speculation to the intent of my words is just that - speculation. I have told you that again and again. At any point will you realize that I understand the intent of my own words better than you?
No, all we know is that GZwas following TM and then the two of them had some sort of confrontation and TM was apparently better at fighting ... till GZ pulled out his gun. We don't really know, because there are no witnesses, who attacked who initially. And THAT is crucial to the case.

Which is why, I suspect, the jury had to find GZ "not guilty." By the way, "not guilty" doesn't actually mean "innocent." It simply means that the prosecution didn't prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that GZ was guilty of murder or manslaughter.

3,040 posts, read 2,573,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
He just got away with his crime. That's all.
There was no crime.

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Complete lack of evidence of any sign of wound son Trayvon. No bruises from being punched. Only scuffing on his knuckles (from punching Zimmerman).

Also, complete lack of motive. Trying to keep an eye on a possible burglary suspect until the police can arrive to talk to him does not support an inference that Zimmerman wanted to start a fistfight.

There's nothing wrong with acting in self defense. You are allowed to defend yourself if someone tries to kill you or inflict great bodily harm on you. If a woman had shot a rapist in self defense, would you argue that she would not have had the confidence to walk to the convenience store in the middle of the night without her gun and that therefore she brought the attempted rape on herself and is guilty?
Scuffing on knuckles?
He had a 1/4 by 1/8 inch abrasion on his left ring finger...... No apparent bruising, no blood. Try simply rinsing blood off your hands. It doesn't rinse off, you need to wash it off.

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Zimmie testified that he aimed. Do we not believe him now?
His reenactment said he pulled his gun and just shot. He was too close to aim using sights.

After the shot he said he didn't even realize he hit TM.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,024,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Who's trying to take down Zimmerman?

I'm donating to organizations that are working towards repeal of several laws which made this verdict possible and Zimmerman a free man.

I accept the verdict. I don't agree with it and I'm disappointed in it but now my focus will be on looking for ways to help prevent something like this from happening again.

Zimmerman is free to go on about his life - and you are free to continue to keep sending him money.
Ok. I missed something. Thought it had to do with people pursuing civil rights cases against him.

I dont have issue with taking a look at laws. But Id be very careful with that. I wouldnt want the laws to basically do in those who would want to defend themselves, even if it means using a legal gun.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:51 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,665,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
There was no crime.
Someone was killed. And the "Self defense" BS doesn't work with me.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:52 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I think that 'something' was fear.

You know, the old 'flight or fight' syndrome.

Trayvon already tried the 'flight', what else was there to do?
You have ZERO proof....not even a ounce of logic that points to Trayvon being trapped.

"Fight or flight" only applies to the aggression as the last resort.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:52 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,487,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
He just got away with his crime. That's all.
Are you talking about tm getting away with the crimes of vandalizing school property and possession of marijuana ? Not biggies, but he got away with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.