Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 03:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The people with "Justice 4 Trayvon" signs outside the courthouse are cheering "Hell no, we won't go."

Go where?
To work.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Trayvon wasn't wounded or leaving a blood trail. Do you walk around in the dark figuring you're going to stumble into a deer?

I do see your point. It is also possible he had given up at that point and was simply walking back to his truck. He stayed on the phone with dispatch, just sort of "chatting" for a couple minutes after he "lost him". Not really what I'd expect from someone "chasing a child down".
Well, he was asked to stop following him. Maybe at that point, he complied, tried returning to his truck, when Martin appeared. Or maybe he wasn't being completely forthright with the dispatcher. There is absolutely no indication from the call what Zimmerman was doing between the time he was asked not to follow and when the conversation ended.

Like I said, only one person knows the answer.

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Because it's not. 99% of fist fights don't end in fatality. A few anecdotal stories don't change that.

I don't even see why this is an issue. The PA testified that Zimmerman had no life threatening injuries. Whatever he claimed happened to him did not come close to killing him. The force TM used was nowhere close to killing him. There is no proof of that anywhere.

Furthermore, this idea that "Zimmerman felt he was in severe danger" is quite ridiculous. There is standard necessary for self defense, especially when it results in the death of another human being. For example, if I hit someone in the mouth, he does not have the license to pull out a gun and shoot me, regardless of how fearful he was. If that was the case, mercy.
Was Zimmerman suppose to stop Martin and ask "hey, you planning on injuring me or killing me"? Oh yes, Zimmerman did state Martin said "you are going to die tonight".

Given the hype on 99% of fights do not end in a fatality (how many with serious damage?) I can say probably that percent or more of guns do not harm or kill anyone, yet I do not see the anti-gun lobby backing down on their efforts or anything. So I guess those small percentages do matter, especially when you are the potential receiving side of it.

Actually, if you hit someone in the mouth, they do have cause to shoot you if you do not cease your assault.

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmmm root cause began when the pursuit began. If one goes back to the point GZ got out of his car and began following, that is when the down side began. We don't know who initiated the violence either. We just have 1 mans word and he has clearly been shown to be a liar. He has everything to gain by lying and everything to lose if he initiated.
Was Trayvon an angel? I don't know and frankly it doesn't matter. As to Zimmerman, inconsistencies in his stories aren't plain evidence of being a liar. Not a single person pontificating about this was there. We will never know what happened. All that is left to us is that a fair trial proceed. The jurors have the final word on what happened as triers of fact.

Trayvon should have kept his hands to himself and Zimmerman should've kept his butt in his vehicle and let the pros do their work. They'd both be alive and unharmed by this stupid thing.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM

310 posts, read 256,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But, but, but! So what? That's not what happened and that's not what is being decided upon!
Actually, isn't that exactly what they are deciding? Whether or not he was justified in this self defense due to the threat of imminent danger? Hmmmmmm.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Without knowing the experiences and the background of the guy you're stalking, following them in the dark, is never a good idea. Which is why it's always best to leave stuff like that to those who are trained to handle confrontations.
Agreed.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Trayvon should have kept his hands to himself
Unless he was attacked first.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:34 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Was Zimmerman suppose to stop Martin and ask "hey, you planning on injuring me or killing me"? Oh yes, Zimmerman did state Martin said "you are going to die tonight".

Given the hype on 99% of fights do not end in a fatality (how many with serious damage?) I can say probably that percent or more of guns do not harm or kill anyone, yet I do not see the anti-gun lobby backing down on their efforts or anything. So I guess those small percentages do matter, especially when you are the potential receiving side of it.

Actually, if you hit someone in the mouth, they do have cause to shoot you if you do not cease your assault.
I don't believe that for a second.

That crap is from action movies, where the bad guy gives a long speech right before he is going to shoot the hero, giving the heroes partner enough time to save him

BS. Zimmerman has seen to many action movies, maybe that's why he was a wannabee badass

Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:

Somehow I don't believe you start calculating the statistical odds of being killed when you are in a fight. What is sad was there was not one other Z type within hearing range of the confrontation. He might have stopped the fight.

Google "Kitty Genovese"

Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 PM

331 posts, read 253,894 times
Quote:

What state allows that? Unless you're talking about street justice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies