Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 08:35 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,665,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
C'mon Metz, don't demean your credibility.
I'm just saying! I don't know what happened exactly (and neither does anyone else), but it's just a possibility. I honestly think they were both at fault, but no one had to die. GZ's injuries didn't really show me signs of being brutally beaten.

I really should be done with this thread. I (along with many others) shouldn't be acting like I was there.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:35 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Your thread is so sad. You call George "porky". Why not call Trayon "blackie"?
because he looks like Porky Pig. Ten thousand calories a day will do that to a person.

Trayvon is dead. Don't speak ill of the dead.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 PM

17,198 posts, read 14,482,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I have a really hard time with people on this board what cannot stop the name calling of either Treyvon or Zimmerman. Especially when they attacking someone for their appearance. For the one person who keeps calling Zimmerman "porky". I have been looking at your profile picture. You if anybody should not be insulting people for their looks. Just saying.

But the same goes for those who keeps calling Teyvon a thug. Knock it off. Non of us know these people. And it is quit disrespectful to his parents to call him that. You may not think they read this, but the truth is, you just don't know.
1000% agree.

And bwahahahahahaha at the profile pic.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
It's possible that some people thought she was being compared to "Precious" the stripper/prostitute who was one of the villains (or just an insane person) at the very center of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Hoax. For those who don't remember, for racial reasons, a prosecutor and a police department tried to convict innocent white men for a non-existent rape. DNA evidence taken from "Precious's" insides suggested that she had semen from several men inside of her--none of whom were the defendants (but consistent with her profession). The prosecution and the police then tried to hide this evidence from the defense.

I actually thought that that's what people meant when they compared her to Precious, which I would agree is offensive since Jaentel really doesn't deserve that and isn't a villain (even if she were used by the prosecution to try to railroad an innocent man into jail). It was only later on this forum that I learned it was a reference to a character in a recent movie and not the stripper/prostitute from the Duke case.
Not really.

The "Precious" actress and Rachel are nearly identical. There's no mistaking who "Precious" references.

Somewhere around here I posted pictures. Here ya go:

Old 07-14-2013, 08:38 PM

88,770 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How do you know that Zimmerman didn't strike him? .
Forensic evidence. TM had no injuries consistent with being battered. Z, however, sustained battery injuries to both the front and back of his head. And TM had scraped knuckles, a condition which indicates TM had committed battery.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Except for the flashlight that they found at the T where he dropped it when they scuffled.
I believe that's called planting evidence.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,079,595 times
When we all were kids, what did our parents tell us about strangers? They told us to avoid and don't talk to strangers. Some people on here have said they would teach their kids to confront them. I hope that's just Internet rhetoric. Please folks, lets teach our children about situational awareness, and avoidance, it can save their lives. Never escalate what could be a dangerous situation. Always look for a way to get to the safety of a public place, then call police. Let this tragedy be used for good by starting dialog with our children about what to do when their instinct tells them something isn't right.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,024,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I did not realize till now that the MINIMUM sentence in Florida for manslaughter involving a firearm is 25 years. That does shed more light on the verdict.

That's bad law, in my opinion. Now I understand more why the jury was loathe to convict Zimmerman of manslaughter. Hell, it may as well be a sentence of murder. I do not think Zimmerman was guilty of murder. My idea of a fair punishment would have been several years in prison followed by sevdral years of parole. NOT TWENTY FIVE YEARS.

As I said before, I feel the jury was put in a very difficult position due to the letter of the law. The law is often very imperfect and sometimes it takes a case like this to drive that point home.
Jury is never given the sentencing information for a crime for this exact reason. A juror is supposed to find guilty or not, not to say well...it wasn't murder but he still deserves to go to jail, just not for 20+ years so lets say he is guilty of a lessor charge so he does like 5. That is the exact thing a jury is NOT supposed to do. Thank god you weren't one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
the only 'wound' to Trayvon's hands was a minute cut on one finger that could have happened that night or a week before. Nothing on his knuckles.
Incorrect. ME said Trayvon had "split skin on knuckles consitent with fighting" later went on to say that "its possibly that they could be consistent with defending himself"

stop twisting things to fit your version of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How many people run from someone they want to initiate a fight with?
Well since we know for a fact that TM was running and had at least 15 sec head start on GZ from the 911 audio then why the hell didn't TM get away from "porky"?

Quote:
Also, Trayvon's motive was clear -- he was trying to get away from the creepy guy following him. He knew he was a guest in the community and didn't want any trouble w/ anyone, so tried to lose him.

That's a long, long way from being able to infer that his goal was to kill Zimmerman or initiate a fistfight.

In contrast, what can you infer from Zimmerman's behavior?
Easy, TM had his chance and he lost the "creepy cracka", after that he circled back and confronted GZ

GZ was just doing what I would want any good neighbor to do, report suspicious behavior and wait for the police.

Quote:
What possible motive could he have to disobey police direction and leave the safety of his car ?
Another lie. GZ NEVER TALKED TO THE POLICE BEFORE THE FIGHT. He was already out of his car and trying to see if he could see TM, when the 911 operator asked if he was following, GZ said yes. Operator then said "we don't need you to do that" he said OK and 911 audio you can hear GZ clear easy breathing.

Quote:

What kind of aggressive state of mind could Zimmerman have had to complain about these punks always get away? Do you think his intent was to let Trayvon escape?
No but his obvious intent wasn't to chase him down either since he clearly didn't. His tone was clearly frustration and not anger. Listen to the call, look at a map, check your facts.

Quote:
If his intent wasn't to just point him out to the police, why didn't he just watch from the safety of his truck.
Because he lost sight of TM when he started running, so he got and and went to the path he last saw TM run down and looked but didn't see him. duh.

Quote:

Trayvon's background is that he was a good student w/o any serious behavioral issues.
Zimmerman's background is that he had multiple charges of assault in his past & a history of overzealousness.
Lies, more of them. TM was busted at school numerous times. Once caught with stolen jewelry and buglary tools, a pipe and a baggy with marajuana residue. He was also busted for vandalism. Numerous videos of street fighting and txts about drug use. He was a thug wanna be.

Zimmerman has had 1 charge of assault that was dropped when the officers statment didn't support the charge.

Please, tell, what is this history of overzealousness. Maybe you are referring to the 911 call a few weeks before this incident where he report some suspicious black youths near a house. A house that was later robbed and a black youth was charged with the crime and GZ provided and identification that it was the same kid he called about. That sounds like what any responsible adult would do.

Quote:

Martin proved to be a better fighter.
and ended up being a dumber thug.

Quote:
Use your head. Who do you think initiated the physical altercation? You have to perform great leaps of logic to conclude that Trayvon is the one most likely to have initiated the altercation.
LOL.

3,216 posts, read 2,079,595 times
Quote:
Why do you make the leap that TM attacked GZ when we know that GZ was the one pursuing a fleeing TM?
Because evidence came out in the trial that at on point TM had reached home and then chose to go back and look for George.

1,206 posts, read 1,734,251 times
Default Trayvon Martin is a legend

When all of us are dead and gone, his name will reign supreme.

You're Nobody Til Somebody Kills You ~ The Notorious B.I.G.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.