Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 04:46 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Only an idiot talks to the police without a lawyer.
Aint that the truth. If I ever find myself in a situation where I have to talk to them because im accused of something, lawyer up. No matter guilty or innocent.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Seems to me they should've put T.M.'s mother up to do the rebuttal. She'd have whipped up the emotion better than some "cracker" attorney.
In your dreams. He did a great job as a closer and that has a few people in this thread nervous. But the trial is over and its time to let the jury do their job so we can all get to work accepting whatever they decide. That's the American system, after all.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Or how about you dont start punching someone because they follow you. Martin may be just as wrong as Zimmerman was if he indeed started the physical altercation. You dont start fighting someone, especially not knowing what they have on them. That is just stupid.
A whole lot of stupid happened that night.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ask any cop what they would do.. Lawyer up.
Cops will twist you up and get you talking about things you don't even know are connected and then bang you are arrested.
I tell you one thing. He may have thought he was in the right and didnt do anything wrong, but had he lawyered up immediately, this case wouldve been much, much easier for the Defense.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:50 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He was old enough to pull a deadly assault on another person.

You know how many 16-17 year olds murder people monthly ? Quite a few.
A ten year old is too. He was not an adult. He did not have the mind of an adult. Zimmerman did. Either way Zimmerman created a situation in which he made another person feel threatened.

Once, when I was home alone with my sons, living in California I thought someone was trying to break in. My first reaction was fear, but then I got angry grabbed a a baseball bat, stood by the door and waited for the person to open it so I could beat the **** out if them. Calling the police wasn't my first thought. Protecting my sons and myself was. Fortunately no one broke in (it was probably wind). I guess some people would say that if I did do that and was shot because that person felt threatened, they would have been acting in self defense. I understand That being in my home makes it different, but i would think the same way if I thought I was going to be attacked in an alley or parking lot. What some people refuse to consider is that Trayvon Martin also had the right to defend himself.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:52 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Or how about you dont start punching someone because they follow you. Martin may be just as wrong as Zimmerman was if he indeed started the physical altercation. You dont start fighting someone, especially not knowing what they have on them. That is just stupid.
I wasn't there, so I can't say for certain. But it seems like Zimmerman tried to detain him. Zimmerman has a history of putting his hands on people (beating up girlfriends and cops)

Zimmerman is screwed either way. If he's acquitted he will always be haunted by this. His only hope is latest GOP nomination, but that will fade pretty fast.

The right wing will toss him aside after he ceases to be flavor of the month.

Good luck trying to find a job Georgie boy.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:52 PM

I hope the jury sees it as both these guys believed they were in the right that night. Both couldve been right, or wrong. You can sort of see why each of them did what they did, except its still difficult because we will never know without a doubt, everything that happened. Both of these guys made mistakes. But there is no proof of anything illegal. That should lead to Not Guilty.

I swear, that whole compromise garbage manslaughter charge could end up being the dagger for Zimmerman. Still urks me that they are allowed to add that in at the end of a trial.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
I tell you one thing. He may have thought he was in the right and didnt do anything wrong, but had he lawyered up immediately, this case wouldve been much, much easier for the Defense.
Yes it would have.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I wasn't there, so I can't say for certain. But it seems like Zimmerman tried to detain him. Zimmerman has a history of putting his hands on people (beating up girlfriends and cops)
No one was there obviously. So we dont know without a doubt what happened. And that is partially the argument for the Not Guilty verdict. Why should someone spend 30 years or more in prison off assumptions and speculation? If the State couldnt prove it, then it should be Not Guilty.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:55 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
That's correct and why millions of people carry concealed handguns.
I understand why a 110lb woman carries a piece in public, but a grown ass man, not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies