Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 06:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I guarantee if any of you were getting your ass beat by someone who you thought was a gangbanging crimminal thug in a hoody and had the opportunity you would have shot Travyon Martin dead in the chest as well.

You may not admit it because your all safe and snug behind your computer screen spewing out your perfect world ideologies.

Push comes to shove your firing that pistol straight into Trayvon's chest or getting your head cracked open and possibly die.
100% dead on correct. Those pounding about this and that and following and blah blah blah are probably guilty of ED. That's the first thought that comes to my mind when I see keyboard warriors. "Take your beating like a man.....yada yada." lol

Old 07-12-2013, 06:23 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
CNN Anchor Wonders If Jurors See 'Sexism' In Zimmerman Attorney | NewsBusters

Oh geez. Now the Defense attorneys are sexist......
In the DEFENSE attorneys? What about the pros rebuttal where Guy treats them like 12 year old girls that can only use their emotions, not their brains.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I actually think prison rape is brutal, even for Zimmerman, but it's going to happen if it hasn't happened already. Not hopeful thoughts, just stating the obvious

As far as the trial, I have no idea which way it will go, I thought OJ was going to be convicted, and I also thought that slutty mom in Florida was going to the slammer.
Well, look at the bright side. One more thing he can put in the lawsuit against NBC, CNN and perhaps Al Sharption for whipping up a mob and bringing it to this point.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You have the benefit of hindsight and saying this sitting in your living room. However, I imagine being in the moment, being attacked, one has little time to scroll through a list of options if one genuinely feels their life is in danger.
Well said!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Thats if they leave emotion and "fairness" out of it. Which I dont think they will. And the instructions are clear, yet it seems to me the judge makes it seem like Manslaughter isnt a big deal. She certainly didnt give any hints that a Manslaughter charge, which most would think is time equaling next to nothing, is going to put Zimmerman in prison for 30 years.
Like you, that bothers me a lot. If they knew, no way would they find for manslaughter.

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Zimmerman said his hands were free, so:

- Striking back with your fists.
- Use your elbows to wack him in the face.
- Join your hands into a fist behind his head and bring it down hard at the base of his skull.
-Scratching his face.
- Gouging his eyes.
-Using your knees to try to kick at him.
-Make a fist and wack the side of his head just above the ear where the skull is thin.
-Ripping at his ears.
-Head-butting him.
-Curling your body inwards to shield your face and head.
-Put your hands around his neck, and try to strangle him.
-Trying to strangle him with the cord of his hoodie.
-Biting his hand which was after all placed over your mouth. Try to bit the skin between the thumb and index finger.
-Trying to grab one of the fingers of his hand when he was smothering you and bend it back/break it.
-You could also place your own hands behind your head to shield it from the pavement if indeed it was being bashed so many times.
- Screaming at him that you'd called the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You have the benefit of hindsight and saying this sitting in your living room. However, I imagine being in the moment, being attacked, one has little time to scroll through a list of options if one genuinely feels their life is in danger.
Of course, and I wouldn't be scrolling through options. I have practiced what to do when attacked physically. I still think my arms and legs would have been flailing. There's also a vulnerable place on the neck that Zimmerman could have given a quick jab too. That's what I learned as a woman for self-defense, to use my legs, and to aim a punch for the throat because a woman's punch on a man's face or body will not do much. And if they are close to you, gouge at the eyes.

Also at night in a bad neighborhood I often walk with a key gripped in my fist, forming a weapon, ready and in view if anyone tries to mess with me.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
150 lbs 6 feet is scrawny.

Texting doesn't make one tough, and neither does subscribing to street fighting videos.
The videos certainly show he was being influenced. And the text show that he put that into practice, gaining experience that GZ did not have.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
Right, because nobody has ever killed somebody with their bare hands. That is not being a wimp, these are things that actually happen. Man, some wimp these people are dying from a punch.
More people in this country are killed with hands and fists than with shotguns and rifles combined.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:29 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You have to remember, there are lots of interweb tough guys that make Zimmerman look like Arnie Schwarzenegger. I'm sort of getting the idea that Don is one of those.
Finishing a fight you start doesn't make one a tough guy, it just makes you a guy.

You guys have very low standards if you compare Zimmerman to Arnold

Your standards are even lower when your idea of toughness is a hollywood actor who plays tough guys

Old 07-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
His texts (street fighting), YouTube subscriptions (MMA street fighting), and upper body photo don't present him as a scrawny kid. Are you still looking at the 12-year old photo the MSM put out?

When you sucker punch someone and straddle them, you have the upper hand.
It's terribly unfortunate the jury doesn't have that knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies