Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 07:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes.

Even more than a fair trial.

Maybe the question should be: did Trayvon get the representation HE deserved?
The state brought in special prosecutors and had unlimited funds.

TM could not have had better attorneys. Better than most would ever receive.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
When I was in high school, I went through a similar phase. I wasn't a criminal, but I guess I dressed the part. I used to be comfortable wearing du-rags, baggy sweats, and ridiculously large t-shirts with hoodies. But I've also been car-jacked, and robbed at gun point twice, once while near my university's campus and the other alongside my mom. Those experiences have made me much more alert when I'm walking on the street. If I saw Zimmerman, in that time of day, I'd absolutely react in the same way, not because I'm a "thug," but because my experiences have taught me not to trust people following you for no reason. Plus, if he has a gun and is up to no good, I won't have time to run away.

This talk about using guns in scuffles is quite sad to be honest. It speaks to how immune we've become to the idea of killing human beings. I went from "thug lookalike, to a law graduate because I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to grow and mature. TM doesn't get that opportunity because he got profiled. It was a poor choice and reckless decision by Zimmerman and he should get charged, not with 2nd degree, but with manslaughter. Not just because he's guilty by definition, but because conviction also serves society as a deterrent, to prevent that type of behavior in the future. I think we can all agree that next time, it's best to report "suspicious individuals" to the cops and stay out of it.
Thank you for another voice. Many of us agree with you about George and his very poor choices.

I too am saddened by reading so many heartless comments about the death of a young person. It seems inhumane to consider what George did to be acceptable and applauded by some. We will never know the truth.

I am praying for the jurors. I do not hate George, but I do think he should be accountable for his actions. I also do not believe anything that he said happened after he got off the 911 call.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:11 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
The judge gave the jury and prosecutor's an out: Manslaughter. The jury will convict him of manslaughter, the prosecution will say that is a just conclusion, Zimmerman spends 4-6 years in prison, end of story. Had the judge not included manslaughter in the jury instructions and left it 2nd degree murder, Zimmerman would have walked. Not now. Now he is toast.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Or just pull out your gun and shoot him...
What if you have your big honky-ass holding your gun down while you're taking a lesson in English?

Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, to tell the whole truth, he took a class that included the stand your ground law.
No one could say (prove) that GZ attended that particular class, or day.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The judge gave the jury and prosecutor's an out: Manslaughter. The jury will convict him of manslaughter, the prosecution will say that is a just conclusion, Zimmerman spends 4-6 years in prison, end of story. Had the judge not included manslaughter in the jury instructions and left it 2nd degree murder, Zimmerman would have walked. Not now. Now he is toast.
I hope you're right.

And, being a felon, he will never be allowed to legally possess a gun again, which would be great for society.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:14 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
What if you have your big, honky ass holding your gun down while you're taking a lesson in English?
Hey, all you gun trainers out there!

Answer this question.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Don't every body on jury have to agree?
If so, I'm not so sure. Hung jury more likely.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:15 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
If Zimmerman was not armed, there is no way he follows a 6'2 teenager in the dark.
That makes no difference...

Old 07-12-2013, 07:16 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,538 times
Quote:
I believe that is a strong possibility, the longer they deliberate the more likely I think that outcome is. Or a hung jury. Murder 2 no chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies