Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you might want to read back on the posts to see what this references
noted.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
That seems to be the right wing's benchmark. 30 miles. Not sure why. Seems pretty arbitrary to me.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
No I at the post where you said:
lots of women who abort are good christians.

Just because you wrote it,...doesn't make it true.

I would guarantee that some "good christians" (sic) might argue with your statement.
Do you really believe that no self-professed Christian women get abortions? I assure you, they do.

Here's a must read for you:

"The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion" - When the Anti-Choice Choose

Old 07-13-2013, 02:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you really believe that no self-professed Christian women get abortions? I assure you, they do.

Excellent read. Thank you.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:00 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,584 times
Quote:

My reaction to that is similar to when these right-wing, fascist busybodies denigrate gays and then turn out to, in fact, be gay themselves. I am all for outing them and putting their names out there. When these turds have make use of their right to abort but then seek to deny other women the same right, they should be publicly exposed for the frauds they are.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,474 times
Quote:

I read your link with interest. There was not a single case that used an abortion for reasons other than birth control,...either dubbed by the attending physician as "born again" Christians or not.

That's the fallacy I personally see with abortions and the "morning after pill",....the use of abortion devices as birth control instead of using contraception initially. I see no reason for tax dollars to pay for incompetence and ignorance. Close the "free" clinics and let the chips fall where they may.

I see no difference in using abortion as birth control and individuals buying automobiles they can't afford. Not taxpayer problem.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
I read your link with interest. There was not a single case that used an abortion for reasons other than birth control,...either dubbed by the attending physician as "born again" Christians or not.

That's the fallacy I personally see with abortions and the "morning after pill",....the use of abortion devices as birth control instead of using contraception initially. I see no reason for tax dollars to pay for incompetence and ignorance. Close the "free" clinics and let the chips fall where they may.

I see no difference in using abortion as birth control and individuals buying automobiles they can't afford. Not taxpayer problem.
Taxpayers aren't paying for abortions. "Free" clinics are a whole different thing. There is no such thing as a 'free' abortion. And, no, YOU aren't paying for them.

How about those pro-lifers having abortions, though? Did that blow your mind?

Old 07-13-2013, 04:00 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
These new laws in several States are a direct result of the Gosnell type of cases and the Far Left Abortion at any cost advocates.

If they had stepped up to the plate against these butchers - I doubt we would suddenly be seeing all these "clinic" and "doctor" regulation laws. It was a major black mark against the Pro-Abortion crowd and the media that tried to ignore the Gosnell case.
Still ignoring facts and making up your own carp, I see. I posted this to you already, but naturally you have to ignore it because it doesn't fit your fact-free narrative.

Five Lessons from the Gosnell Abortion-Clinic Controversy

Quote:
Feminists Were on It

Whether the mainstream national media has given adequate attention to the Gosnell case is a matter of judgment, although claims that it's been entirely ignored are incorrect. (Consider, for example, Sabrina Tavernise's lengthy New York Times story from 2011.) But it should be remembered who hasn't been ignoring the story: feminist writers. Many prominent feminists, for obvious reasons, reacted with horror to the charges against Gosnell. To the extent that the mainstream media has not been as attentive, there's a clear reason: Gosnell's victims were predominantly poor women of color. As Salon's Irin Carmon puts it, "How often do such places devote their energies to covering the massive health disparities and poor outcomes that are wrought by our current system? How often are the travails of the women whose vulnerabilities Gosnell exploited—the poor, immigrants and otherwise marginalized people—given wall-to-wall, trial-level coverage?" The lack of coverage by broadcast networks is simply part of a larger trend of ignoring the problem of massive inequality in the United States.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:10 PM

57,211 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:

Those same people in favor of closing these clinics are against sex education and contraception provided by many clinics. We already have one of the highest unwanted pregnancy rates of any civilized country and the solution is "to let the chips fall".

So you can't see that unwanted children eventually become a large taxpayer issue. No one wants to use a abortion as a means of birth control, why is prevention not the primary focus of the GOP, abortions will continue whether they like it or not somewhere.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Those same people in favor of closing these clinics are against sex education and contraception provided by many clinics. We already have one of the highest unwanted pregnancy rates of any civilized country and the solution is "to let the chips fall".

So you can't see that unwanted children eventually become a large taxpayer issue. No one wants to use a abortion as a means of birth control, why is prevention not the primary focus of the GOP, abortions will continue whether they like it or not somewhere.
According to your ilk, it's the GOP's fault and the democrats have no culpability,...even though they controlled the legislative process during Obama's first term. But,..hey,...we got obamacare.

If "no one wants to use abortion as a means of birth control",....then why is it a FACT? Read the link your fellow liberal posted. Every abortion was for BIRTH CONTROL. Why is birth control a function of government,....especially when you liberals cry,.."Keep the government out of our bedrooms"?

In a perfect world, all liberals would be given the morning after pill,...and be forced to use it. Maybe that would stop the madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.