Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well he just got back from his trash the USofA tour in Africa. I mean the guy needs a break. I doubt any rioters will make their way all the way up north to the vineyard.

No and he will be among his peers, the 1%'ers.

"Let them eat Twinkees"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 02:33 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
So it took you fifteen years to make a hundred thousand dollars? What the hell kind of jobs were you working?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:34 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Martha's Vineyard is a nice place. Good for vacations. I've been there a couple of times myself.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You're not the president, silly.

Find another more rational reason to hate the man, instead of complaining about a policy that's been in place for over a century.

Reducing government spending is your party's big call to action. Rejoice.
Well let me think here..........

His appointment of czars akin to a shadow government accountable to nobody who have ridiculous regulatory power.

His disappearing act while US citizens were killed in Libya by the same "rebels" we armed and supported to overthrow momar.

Violating the war powers act bypassing congressional support in Libya to begin with.

Backdoor implementation of the dream act.

Drones program targeting US citizens.

NSA programs out of control.

Suing the state of Arizona for trying to protect their citizens from illegal aliens.

Supporting Morsi and the brudderhood a terrorist organization in Egypt.

I could go on forever. That should suffice for now.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
So it took you fifteen years to make a hundred thousand dollars?
No, more like four. That's net, by the way. I earned more, of course.

I don't know why you would think I was working the same job starting at 14 years of age.

Quote:
What the hell kind of jobs were you working?
Well, according to you guys, none. I've been trained not to work, remember?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:45 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
What in God's name does any of that have to do with Obama going to the vineyards on yet another vacation while the nation burns? Oh that's right NOTHING.
The point is pretty simple. There are a chunk of people in this country, including some on this board, who think that brown people shouldn't step out of their "place," whether it be vacationing in a beautiful (and waspy) area, or staying at a very nice hotel. The person who confronted my son just assumed he worked there, because why else would a brown kid (gasp) be in the lobby in a suit? When people, whether it's the president or my child, step out of the roles that some are determined to put them in, it makes racist people uncomfortable, because they think "they" don't know their place, or they are undeserving. I'm not saying you feel that way, but they're out there, and they can be vocal.

Nobody complained about Bush taking vacations, or traveling. I wonder why that is?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, more like four. That's net, by the way. I earned more, of course.

I don't know why you would think I was working the same job starting at 14 years of age.

Well, according to you guys, none. I've been trained not to work, remember?
Not according to what you said. You were prattling on how you started working at 14 and made a hundred thousand by the time you were 29. Not a lot to brag about there folks at walmart make more than you.

"For myself, I've worked in one respect or another since I was 14. Got an engineering degree at the right time and made my first hundred grand before I was 29"

Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Martha's Vineyard is a nice place. Good for vacations. I've been there a couple of times myself.
Just get out of the water fast when you hear some deep, pulsating chords in the background.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The point is pretty simple. There are a chunk of people in this country, including some on this board, who think that brown people shouldn't step out of their "place," whether it be vacationing in a beautiful area, or staying at a very nice hotel. The person who confronted my son just assumed he worked there, because why else would a brown kid (gasp) be in the lobby in a suit? When people, whether it's the president or my child, step out of the roles that some are determined to put them in, it makes racist people uncomfortable, because they think "they" don't know their place, or they are undeserving. I'm not saying you feel that way, but they're out there, and they can be vocal.
You folks think ANYBODY who disagree's with Obama is part of that "chunk". That simply is absurd to even think like that. Sure there are racists running around who will hate him because he's half black. YOU think everybody falls into that category though. You folks and your constant harping on it every time the president is criticized is beyond ridiculous.

Your little example you continue to bring up with your son has NOTHING to do with thread. Well I guess it pushes your race baiting because it reinforces your ridiculous belief that everybody who criticizes Obama does so because of his skin. You cry wolf long enough nobody listens anymore which is what has happened with you folks and your "you are a racist if you disagree with Obama" nonsense. It is actually sad because the real racists should have a light shed on them. YOu have turned it off. Congrats.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:54 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
The expense of Dear One's African vacation, if cancelled, could have funded White House tours for 26 years. But of course the WH tour expenses come out of different "bucket". Plus HE doesn't want to expose youngsters to seeing camels grazing in the East Lawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies