Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 02:56 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,991,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Nobody complained about Bush taking vacations, or traveling. I wonder why that is?
Do I need to provide more examples or will this suffice? No stop your nonsense.........

WASHINGTON — A leading Democrat criticized President Bush on Tuesday for planning to spend a month at his Texas ranch while the stock market plunges and foreign affairs remain volatile.
"It's clearly the wrong signal," said Maryland Gov. Parris Glendening, chairman of the Democratic Governors' Association. "In times of financial crisis and international crisis, the public looks for hands-on, confident leadership. What we're going to see is every-other-day photo ops from the ranch."

USATODAY.com - Bush vacation plans draw heat from Democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 03:03 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,962,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
A President taking a vacation that has taken fewer vacations than most other recent Presidents is not controversial, sorry. There are some criticisms of Obama I can understand, might not agree it, but can comprehend where the criticism is coming from. This one just makes no sense, especially considering the amount of vacation time he has taken compared to most of the recent Presidents.
The issue to me is not that he is taking a vacation. the issue is that he is not taking a vacation at Camp David (he could shoot some skeet, as he has stated he frequently does, but that is another issue). Camp David is government owned, and costs very little compared to a Martha's Vineyard hotel.
He could also take a vacation at the house he owns in Chicago. The cost there would also be minimal, compared to MV.
It is not the vacation. I would love it if he would go on a three year vacation. IT IS THE COST THAT BOTHERS ME!
Unless, of course, HE is paying the freight for it all!
Yeah, like that will ever happen!

Edit: Come to think of it, I wonder where they will vacation in the summer of 2017, when it is on THEIR dime?
Also, will the media report on it, or will the media forget them as soon as whoever gets inaugurated?
"Forget them" sounds good to me...

Last edited by Redraven; 07-13-2013 at 03:43 PM..

Old 07-13-2013, 03:12 PM

Would you go to Chicago? Hell I read a few months back a dead body was found like three blocks from his old home. The fact that he said we all have skin in the game and will need to sacrifice then he jets off to these lush vacation retreats and throws his little shindigs at the big house every week shows the utter contempt and hypocrisy he has for the citizens he is supposed to be representing. I believe they intentionally tried to make the sequester an issue. Our troops are now paying the biggest price losing combat pay in certain areas.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not according to what you said. You were prattling on how you started working at 14 and made a hundred thousand by the time you were 29. Not a lot to brag about there folks at walmart make more than you.

"For myself, I've worked in one respect or another since I was 14. Got an engineering degree at the right time and made my first hundred grand before I was 29"
Yeah, in one respect or another. Mostly the kinds of jobs teenagers and students get, because that's what I was. Were you under the impression I got an engineering degree when I was 14? Sorry to disappoint you. I was 24.

I'm pretty sure WalMart people weren't pulling in 60 grand in salary and had serious stock options to boot in the late 90's, so you're wrong in this as well.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:21 PM

Well to work from the age of 14 to 29 and only make a hundred thousand dollars aint a lot to brag about. Maybe one day we can all be like you and take fifteen years to rake in a hundred grand. Kudos to you.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:25 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,603 times
Quote:
Well he just got back from his trash the USofA tour in Africa. I mean the guy needs a break. I doubt any rioters will make their way all the way up north to the vineyard.
List the ways he trashed the USA. Don't just say it and not back it up.

On another note: your life must be rather dull to be up all hours of the night complaining about a vacationing president. They all did it. And so would you and I.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:29 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
The expense of Dear One's African vacation, if cancelled, could have funded White House tours for 26 years. But of course the WH tour expenses come out of different "bucket". Plus HE doesn't want to expose youngsters to seeing camels grazing in the East Lawn.
What the sheet are you clacking about? What's "Dear One"? Is that some weird crack that he's a commie?

Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,235,470 times
Quote:
Sad for the country indeed. You on the other hand appear to enjoy the decimation of our ounce great nation.
If I had one of those, I'd roll a few and pass it around the room.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If I had one of those, I'd roll a few and pass it around the room.
That is probably what dear leader will be doing. Is he inviting the old choom gang to come along on this trip? lol

Old 07-13-2013, 03:39 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,062,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
What the sheet are you clacking about? What's "Dear One"? Is that some weird crack that he's a commie?
Geez, I thought it was the endearing title that brownshirts referred to as their president; ruler-in-chief; for which all should worship. Sorry to get your feathers ruffled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies