Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

The vet was not rude at all. The cop was only a little rude with his over the top shouting.

The reporter should be fired for being a dick head and taking sides in the debate. Reporters are supposed to be neutral and report the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 07:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
The old man was giving the cop a hard time? Did you watch that video? Are you kidding me? The Vet was very polite considering the cop's extremely rude "I'm God " attitude !!!
Agreed.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:41 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The cop told him to get back in his vehicle several times .
I don't think he could hear the cop screaming at him from inside the car, the cop was talking to him and telling him to get back in the car at the same time, I think the VET may have been slightly confused as to what the cop wanted at first, but he did comply eventually. To be honest, if I was the cop, I would have rather had him standing where he was so I could keep an eye on his hands, what's to say the vet didn't have a gun in the car? The cop was rude in my eyes and should have been a little more courteous and he did smack the side window unnecessarily.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Cops make the claim that they're always at risk, well twice as many Americans are killed by Police misconduct, as officers killed by Americans.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,584 times
1. The idiot driver starts out by not pulling over immediately when the cop's lights came on.
2. Next, Idiot gets out of the car and pretends he doesn't hear the cop.
3. Idiot starts out getting snippy immediately when the cop tells him to get back in the car.
4. Idiot continues arguing.
5. Cop gets annoyed (understandably).

Can one of you drama queen sweethearts tell me how it's relevant that Idiot happens to be a vet, beyond your pathological need to hump the legs of veterans and assign them automatic character points for no particular reason?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,605,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The reporter should be fired. She sided with the police, lied ("he wasn't rude"), refused to identify herself, and put a distorted and edited video on air. The station's slogan is "Working for You". I don't think so.

Agree 100% she's a tool...

Old 07-13-2013, 07:48 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
Another tough-guy punk cop wearing body armor & packing weapons getting off on intimidating an American citizen. POS

Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Another tough-guy punk cop wearing body armor & packing weapons getting off on intimidating an American citizen. POS
Not just an American, but a VETERAN!!!

Does anyone else agree that there should be an extra sanction against this cop for the victim of his horrific rudeness being a VETERAN???

GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't think he could hear the cop screaming at him from inside the car, the cop was talking to him and telling him to get back in the car at the same time, I think the VET may have been slightly confused as to what the cop wanted at first, but he did comply eventually. To be honest, if I was the cop, I would have rather had him standing where he was so I could keep an eye on his hands, what's to say the vet didn't have a gun in the car? The cop was rude in my eyes and should have been a little more courteous and he did smack the side window unnecessarily.
God forbid, sir, that someone talk to us in that manner when the person repeatedly refuses to comply. God forbid. I mean, that man's feelings might have been seriously damaged. Have we all forgotten our Constitutional right not to be offended and talked to in a manner that might hurt our feelings or the feelings of any overly dramatic children who happen to see the video?

Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
At a very young age I learned one thing about cops. Be polite and only answer their questions. Say nothing else. And always stay in the vehicle and keep your hands up where they can see them. Do this and 9 out of 10 times you will be just fine.

If you get a ticket hire a lawyer, many are very low priced who handle traffic tickets and you will get good results.

Life is only as difficult as you make it.

Cops are underpaid so you don't attract the brightest people.

I could not imagine being a cop, to many idiots in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies