Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I would love to see you in this man's same position with a screaming jerk off cop and you in another State and see your reaction. This cop asked the man a question after telling him to get in his vehicle and the man was going to answer him when jerk off attitude by the cop took over. FACTS are this is typical of W. Va. town clowns I have met when they clearly SEE a license plate from out of State. I'd love to know where you are from, do something the cop in W.VA thinks is illegal (which by writing this ticket, there really are Federal laws the cop broke!)and treat you with the same disrespect. I'm betting you wouldn't be as polite as this guy was to the town clown cop.
I wouldn't ever be in this situation because I'm not stupid enough to disregard the instructions of a cop when I'm pulled over. That's why I've never had a cop get testy with me. Most cops are just looking to do their jobs, like everyone else and go home at night. Behave in a civilized manner, and most will treat you with respect.

All this thread, and the endless other threads about cops, is about are the angry white dudes on this forum who have been having a temper tantrum for the last five years lashing out at anything and everything they imagine to be "coming for their freedoms." In other words, a bunch of angry, paranoid people who operate at a cognitive deficit searching out ways in which someone is coming to get them. Apparently, you've now turned on the police, which is interesting, because up until fairly recently, these same folks with a military fetish also had one for cops. I guess we can trust the military with its vastly superior arsenal not to come for your freedoms, but not the inferior arsenal of the cops.

Instead of focusing on the surly attitude of WVa cops when they arrest you, you may want to focus on the behavior that leaves you at the mercy of those surly cops.

As a final aside, one of you geniuses gave me a positive rep for my sarcastic suggestion that this officer be sanctioned and hit with an additional penalty for the "victim" being a vet. He thought that was a great idea. You leg-humpers. "Anything for the vets (with crocodile tears streaming down your cheeks)!!!!" I suppose that could fall under "hate crime" guidelines, couldn't it? Commit a crime against a vet, and it's double the punishment! I'll bet I could get 80% support from the C-D knuckle-draggers on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
"Behave in a civilized manner, and most will treat you with respect."

Well one would think that would be the case. Sadly many times it isn't as we've seen over and over and over again. Just ask any minority driving through the wrong neighborhood if they are treated with respect. I'm sure they are just lying though right? All hail authority and big bro according to comet.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:03 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
I always ask for a supervisor to be present... If the officer refuses to request a supervisor, I call and request one myself... Never allow Law enforcement to search your car without a warrant, irrespective of whether or not you have anything. Again, request a supervisor....

Old 07-15-2013, 05:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I always ask for a supervisor to be present... If the officer refuses to request a supervisor, I call and request one myself... Never allow Law enforcement to search your car without a warrant, irrespective of whether or not you have anything. Again, request a supervisor....
That's because you are a petulant 12 year-old who is out to make a point.

Altogether now: "You can't tell me what to do! I got rights!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies