Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:24 AM

641 posts, read 1,024,597 times

Advertisements

The same people that will tell Gen X and Y to "be responsible for your actions" are the same ones that basically through the younger generations under the bus and now we have to suffer with this sorry excuse of a society pandering to those that want "reparations" from something that no one on this planet at the current time had anything to do with? Are Boomers the biggest hypocrites in the history of the 20th century? I say yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,991,337 times
I'd say some, not all!

Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,862,264 times
I blame baby boomers for a lot, but not "white guilt"

Old 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,181,045 times
White guilt was a concept that was dreamed up before the Baby Boomer generation was even born. It goes way back to before WW1 with the Frankfurt School and cultural Marxism.

Quote:
“We must realise that our party’s most powerful weapon is racial tension. By pounding into the consciousness of the dark races that for centuries they have been oppressed by the Whites, we can mould them to our program. The terms ‘colonialism’ and ‘imperialism’ must be featured in our propaganda. In America we will aim for subtle victory. While inflaming the Negro minority against the Whites, we will endeavour to instil in the Whites a guilt complex for exploiting the Negroes. We will aid the Negroes to rise to prominence in every walk of life, in the professions and in the world of sport and entertainment. With this prestige, the Negroes will be able to intermarry with the Whites and begin a process which will deliver America to our cause”.

Israel Cohen writing about the communist party’s objectives in ‘A Racial Program for the Twentieth Century’, published in 1912.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I blame baby boomers for a lot, but not "white guilt"
Not blame them, but some do have it......I see it more in rich white women.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
White guilt was a concept that was dreamed up before the Baby Boomer generation was even born. It goes way back to before WW1 with the Frankfurt School and cultural Marxism.
I'd say this shows us concepts never die......just get passed on to the next generation or can skip a generation or two. Most things that happen seem to make a full circle back around.

Marxism does seem to be on some people's radar as a way to run the world.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,170 times
Why not? Boomers get blamed for every ill and bad deal in the history of America so you might as well throw White Guilt onto the pile also.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:44 PM

25,916 posts, read 16,644,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
The same people that will tell Gen X and Y to "be responsible for your actions" are the same ones that basically through the younger generations under the bus and now we have to suffer with this sorry excuse of a society pandering to those that want "reparations" from something that no one on this planet at the current time had anything to do with? Are Boomers the biggest hypocrites in the history of the 20th century? I say yes.
I blame you for your spelling and grammar.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:51 PM

688 posts, read 654,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post

Old 07-13-2013, 01:53 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,181,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'd say this shows us concepts never die......just get passed on to the next generation or can skip a generation or two. Most things that happen seem to make a full circle back around.

Marxism does seem to be on some people's radar as a way to run the world.
The vast majority of people are the "useful idiots." They have no idea where their ideals come from. Many who promote Marxist concepts would argue that they don't, the minute that you pointed out that they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies