Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Your comment said:

I sometimes think black people are genetically predisposed to anti social behavior. There is no African majority place on this whole earth that is not plagued by crime.

I provided evidence to show that if we are basing actions on a genetic predisposition, that would mean that white men are sociopaths. Nothing else can account for the atrocious acts they've committed throughout history. A quick gander through history books reveal depraved minds and hearts.

Even today, we see how the preying on the innocent is still happening: Holmes, Lanza, McVeigh, Sandusky, Breivik, et al.

Again, your thoughts on the depraved acts of white men?
Most white places on this earth are quite pleasant places to live. Is there even one black majority place on this earth that people are rushing to move to for opportunity? No, there isn't, because of a the social ills within black communities.

I may think differently someday, if even one single African majority country that isnt a tourist island reaches a high human development index.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 04:32 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Most white places on this earth are quite pleasant places to live. Is there even one black majority place on this earth that people are rushing to move to for opportunity? No, there isn't, because of a the social ills within black communities.

I may think differently someday, if even one single African majority country that isnt a tourist island reaches a high human development index.

ok, if you say so

Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I cherish the diversity of ALL peoples. I crave and desire diversity....it is so gorgeous and beautiful....how can anyone bring up such a question!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I guess since the question was asked about behavior....I will answer in a non-racist way!!!!!

I believe that to a large extent, the actions of some AA's in this country is due to genetics....plain and simple.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
We have a "war on drugs" this creates a great deal of "crime" in poor neighborhoods. Poor people are often desperate people, it has nothing to do with skin color and far more to do with poverty.

To make matters worse we have the poorest schools in the poor neighborhoods, so the people are suppressed from reaching their true potential.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:09 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
First of all, I NEVER CREATED a post which shows a fake youtube video. Let's get that straight. No, If you look at my other posts I am defending black people. You don't know me by the way. So, don't assume certain things about me.
You will always face those assumptions. It's ingrained in people. Every conservative is a greedy sexist homophobic Islamophobic racist religious warmongering fanatic. And anybody who doesn't agree with them is a conservative.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:28 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Your comment said:

I sometimes think black people are genetically predisposed to anti social behavior. There is no African majority place on this whole earth that is not plagued by crime.

I provided evidence to show that if we are basing actions on a genetic predisposition, that would mean that white men are sociopaths. Nothing else can account for the atrocious acts they've committed throughout history. A quick gander through history books reveal depraved minds and hearts.

Even today, we see how the preying on the innocent is still happening: Holmes, Lanza, McVeigh, Sandusky, Breivik, et al.

Again, your thoughts on the depraved acts of white men?
He references the status of entire nations and your response is to come up with individual mentally ill people? That's not very convincing. And you point to what white people have done throughout history? Every racial type has been violent throughout history.

I would argue that the prevalence of violence in the black nations is more due to tribalism than is due to any defect in black people. It's like the war in Yugoslavia in the 90s. They tried to take two historically different peoples and draw a border on a map that made them into one nation, and eventually it collapsed into violence.

So I don't agree with the person you responded to. But your response was pretty weak. Trying to equate pervasive nationwide anarchy and violence in places like Somalia and the Congo to McVeigh? One white guy who set off a bomb? Come on.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:37 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The non-PC yet non-racist answer: culture.

The crime rate among African born blacks is low while American born blacks is high. African born blacks have the same DNA as American blacks and are even blacker, having very little to no European or Native American DNA. So, if it was a casual thing, African blacks would be just as bad as black Americans if not worse.

Blacks have this criminal, ghetto subculture they celebrate and embrace as being the authentic black American culture. The result are the issues you see in many black Americans. Good news is cultures do change over time. Once upon a time Boston was the most conservative, puritan place in America...not so any longer.
This is it,I don't know why this thread keeps going on.
Answer was on pg 1

Old 08-24-2013, 04:56 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
They're bored?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
My intentions for this post was to make people think before they pass judgements amongst another person. Many people automatically use a person's race as a scapegoat. The reason I came up with the "Black on black" post was because of previous posts I had seen from other people. I've seen comments that say, "Why can't the media focus on the hundreds of black people who are getting killed by other black people each year?" So, I was trying to come across as naive and ask a question. Of course there are several factors that have to do with violent behavor. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Gangsta Rap

We didn't have this much hate, when there was Soul Train and preaching Love

Old 08-24-2013, 06:09 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
My intentions for this post was to make people think before they pass judgements amongst another person. Many people automatically use a person's race as a scapegoat. The reason I came up with the "Black on black" post was because of previous posts I had seen from other people. I've seen comments that say, "Why can't the media focus on the hundreds of black people who are getting killed by other black people each year?" So, I was trying to come across as naive and ask a question. Of course there are several factors that have to do with violent behavor. My apologies if I offended anyone.
Respect and Responsibility.

If a person is taught to respect others, and taught responsibility for ones self, and responsibility for one's actions, then a person isn't as inclined to go committing crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies