Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

No it is not a crime to go to the convenience store to buy a drink, but why does a minor with a bad school record for getting in trouble, have to go and walk to a convenience store and buy ingredients to make purple drink.

Skittles and the drink Trayvon bought are both used for that...was he really in need for a drink and the candy of was there something else on his mind?

There are more gaps in his time line and I wonder if the dad and his GF didn't have a drink in the fridge.

How many teenagers want to get wet just for a drink and skittles?

I thought the POTUS was in favor of parents guiding their kids more...the mom send the son away since she couldn't handle him any more and the 3rd school suspension showed it. She tried and wasn't able to keep him under control.

The father should have told him to stay there and take a drink from the fridge or water and watch the game...

If you kid is on school suspension wouldn't you want to watch him more and not having him hang out or go to a convenience store where the crime rate usually is higher and specially higher than sitting at home.

Wasn't the father aware of the 9burglaries all committed by young black teenagers or young males?

Wouldn't that be a reason to keep your son inside so he wouldn't be contacted and having a chance for his son to meet the wrong people?

These are questions I have...

They are not race related since if the crimes were committed by Asians, Hispanics or Whites and the teenager would have the same ethnicity as the people known to commit the crime I would feel exactly the same about the issue.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:31 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
I've walked to the store when it was snowing out.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 AM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
So it's your fault if you go outside and you're black and you get profiled, is that what you're saying? Because that's really what the gist of it seems to be, before anyone starts talking details of the case whether Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman or not what I'm seeing in this OP is blaming for Trayvon going out in the first place, for the father letting his 17 year old son walk over to the convenience store to get himself a snack when he knows that his son might get profiled for that, shifting the blame to those black people for not knowing their place right? Like blaming a rape victim for wearing a skirt.

Oh and as to your purple drink implication I don't believe they found anything like that in his system.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
I've come to the conclusion that realtors are morons. Anyone else with me?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Only half the Realtors.

Maybe he was bored and needed to stretch his legs. After being in a house on a rainy day I get where I'd need some fresh air and a good walk.

I'd buy Ice Cream, not a fruity drink.

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
What purple drink? I did read something about Skittles and Arizona Tea but I couldn't remember.

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
A lot of conclusions that I've read here have been shown to be wrong.

Any other questions?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:05 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No it is not a crime to go to the convenience store to buy a drink, but why does a minor with a bad school record for getting in trouble, have to go and walk to a convenience store and buy ingredients to make purple drink.

Skittles and the drink Trayvon bought are both used for that...was he really in need for a drink and the candy of was there something else on his mind?

There are more gaps in his time line and I wonder if the dad and his GF didn't have a drink in the fridge.

How many teenagers want to get wet just for a drink and skittles?

I thought the POTUS was in favor of parents guiding their kids more...the mom send the son away since she couldn't handle him any more and the 3rd school suspension showed it. She tried and wasn't able to keep him under control.

The father should have told him to stay there and take a drink from the fridge or water and watch the game...

If you kid is on school suspension wouldn't you want to watch him more and not having him hang out or go to a convenience store where the crime rate usually is higher and specially higher than sitting at home.

Wasn't the father aware of the 9burglaries all committed by young black teenagers or young males?

Wouldn't that be a reason to keep your son inside so he wouldn't be contacted and having a chance for his son to meet the wrong people?

These are questions I have...

They are not race related since if the crimes were committed by Asians, Hispanics or Whites and the teenager would have the same ethnicity as the people known to commit the crime I would feel exactly the same about the issue.
Issue. What issue? Going to the store?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I've walked to the store when it was snowing out.
When I was a teen I walked to the store every single day. It was just something to do that involved a chance of seeing a member of the opposite sex.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I have walked to the store for skittles and an Arizona drink before, thankfully I am white and some moron hasn't confronted me thinking I was breaking into houses and shot me to death for the false accusation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies