Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM

77,714 posts, read 59,844,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wait a minute...

#1 I won't let you off the hook on Obama...If he is asking people to be calm and peaceful - it means he thinks there is a good chance...people will break the law.

#2 If you want to talk about sides, what about all the threats of rioting, trouble, and attacks on Zimmerman made by "your side" over twitter, facebook, etc?

Game set match.
It's not even about sides, could you imagine some poor black family in LA that lived through Rodney King riots NOT bothering to get their groceries early and stay indoors?

That's not racist, it's not a "side", it's just common sense.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,188,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wait a minute...

#1 I won't let you off the hook on Obama...If he is asking people to be calm and peaceful - it means he thinks there is a good chance...people will break the law.

#2 If you want to talk about sides, what about all the threats of rioting, trouble, and attacks on Zimmerman made by "your side" over twitter, facebook, etc?

Game set match.
breaking the law does not equal race riots

you are upset that Obama is calilng for peace and calm????

Man, you really hate him

Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 AM

26,149 posts, read 14,773,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
breaking the law does not equal race riots

you are upset that Obama is calilng for peace and calm????

Man, you really hate him
You deliberately ignored 2 things.

-People who thought Zimmerman was guilty of murder were threatening unlawful acts -- this justifies a prediction of it and is worse than those that predicted it.

-Obama asking for peace, assumes that he thinks the probability of things like riots are high enough to warrant asking for peace.

It is clear that I am not actually condemning Obama for thinking there could be riots and the like. I am condemning those that make condemnations selectively based on whether or not they have a D next to their name.

This seems to be what you are doing...I'll ignore those that make threats because they are on "my side" and I'll ignore those that think there could have been unrest if they are on "my side"...then I'll condemn those on the other side.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM

132 posts, read 121,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

Some of these "protests" are going to get violent and there will be destruction and may very well turn into a race issue and people are going to get hurt. You don't think that these protests can't turn into race attacks?
You people bring race into everything. Stop looking to be a victim.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,753,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
You people bring race into everything. Stop looking to be a victim.
Back at you.

Who are "you people"?

Never said I was victim, thought I was a victim, felt like a victim, hence no victim mentality.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:50 PM

502 posts, read 713,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
...yet nothing happened. A little? A lot? Let's be honest. It seemed some posts had a strong tone of cheering for them to happen.

So, in your eyes, why no riots? How could this possibly be?
How embarassed do you feel for starting this thread?

Oakland rally for Trayvon Martin turns violent; San Francisco protest remains peaceful | abc7news.com

Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
...yet nothing happened. A little? A lot? Let's be honest. It seemed some posts had a strong tone of cheering for them to happen.

So, in your eyes, why no riots? How could this possibly be?
you need to edit this statement

Old 07-15-2013, 02:05 PM

46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
LOL....

Old 07-15-2013, 02:13 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,495,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Compare my thread to the previous one. People were predicting riots in every city. It has been nothing like that, not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
It happened in Oakland. Oakland is what is known as "singular" while the title of my thread says "riots". "Riots" is what is known as "plural". Furthermore, a riot is a riot. That's crime. So, actually, you would be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL....
You laugh and cheer for this? Say it ain't so, chuck. Next thing you know, you'll be calling me some sort of "tard".

Old 07-15-2013, 02:20 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,076,371 times
Oaklanders loves to act out. They were pretty much the most contentious of the Occupy strongholds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies