Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:39 PM

370 posts, read 247,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well maybe Black people didn't like it because they were sick of not having a say in what they call themselves. Blacks were sick of it and wanted to decide for themselves. Blacks in Africa never referred to themselves by the term you are espousing, but by their tribe.

First, I'm not really concerned with what blacks are "sick of" and second, we aren't in africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green
You didn't respond properly to the things I said either. You took it off topic. And there are other things I have mentioned that you haven't addressed.
Well, the OP was about rioting...and rioting is against the law..and my post referred to crime and violence committed by a certain demographic....but we've played this game before. We all have seen that you can't bring yourself to admit the truth so you dodge, deflect and distract with non responsive "answers".

Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
The one thing race riots would do is make things even worse than they are. Some would say we are more divided than ever. I disagree, and this is why I disagree. When has this nation NOT been divided? This nation has been divided for so many reasons for a long time. At one point, this nation nearly broke apart, in the Civil War. I don't think there has been a time when things weren't divided. I think one difference is that we are made so aware of it that it's scary. I don't think this trial has divided people as it has shown how divided we have been. The same was so for the O.J. Simpson trial and the Rodney King trial. It usually takes a tragedy like 9-11 to make people united. And I'm not wishing 9-11 on anyone. I'm saying that it is sad that it takes a very horrible tragedy to make people united. We should be more united. This is why I was scared of having riots. I don't want to see things get to the breaking point.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:42 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
First, I'm not really concerned with what blacks are "sick of" and second, we aren't in africa.
I'm not surprised you don't care what Blacks are sick of. You have pretty much complained about Black people from day one, and have obsessed about race and Blacks from day one. As to why, I'm trying to figure that out.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:45 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The one thing race riots would do is make things even worse than they are. Some would say we are more divided than ever. I disagree, and this is why I disagree. When has this nation NOT been divided? This nation has been divided for so many reasons for a long time. At one point, this nation nearly broke apart, in the Civil War. I don't think there has been a time when things weren't divided. I think one difference is that we are made so aware of it that it's scary. I don't think this trial has divided people as it has shown how divided we have been. The same was so for the O.J. Simpson trial and the Rodney King trial. It usually takes a tragedy like 9-11 to make people united. And I'm not wishing 9-11 on anyone. I'm saying that it is sad that it takes a very horrible tragedy to make people united. We should be more united. This is why I was scared of having riots. I don't want to see things get to the breaking point.
We are united green mariner, we are just divided in our political views.
at the end of the day we all know that we are all American.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post

Well, the OP was about rioting...and rioting is against the law..and my post referred to crime and violence committed by a certain demographic....but we've played this game before. We all have seen that you can't bring yourself to admit the truth so you dodge, deflect and distract with non responsive "answers".
OP is about race riots, learn to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies